Holy Moly

[Me...]

Ok. So…

I don’t know how many months off I am anymore. I’m almost at the 6 year mark.

And I had zero symptoms this week.

None.

Not….one.

Even the obsessing stopped. 

All my previous success stories involved a few lingering symptoms… or me saying I was 80-90% healed. Well I felt 100% this week guys. I kid you not. WHAT. 
REALLY. 
Healing is REAL. OHHHH my god. 

for awhile there I was really upset over my last remaining symptoms thinking they were permanent or something else was wrong, but…nope! 

YAYYYYY

Edited by [Me...]
Added more
  • Like 18
  • Love 26

Wow Meganz I’m soooo happy to read this uplifting report. You’ve had a very long journey and time proved once again to be the healing force. I’m encouraged by this so thank you for posting it. At 41 months, it’s hard to wrap my mind around how slow my healing has been but I’m very grateful that I am healing. May you remain 100% and finally put this chapter of your life behind you. 
Again, huge thanks for this post because it’s needed by so many.
Well done, my dear! Well done!

Love and hugs, 

Lady Den 💕🤝👏👍🏼🤗

• Love 5

I'm sooo glad to hear this.  I've wondered for a long time if there was any hope for me.  Knowing that I can get off this stuff (diazepam) and have a normal life experience is all the encouragement I need to keep going.  Thanks for your post and here's to many more normal weeks in the future.  Best wishes.  

• Like 1

@[Me...]This is so great to hear!!!  I am so happy for you.   Six years is a long time, but it sounds like you are completely healed.   I have forgotten when you started really feeling better.    I think it was around 44-45 months.    Is that correct?   You continue to be such an encouragement to those of us who are protracted.    I think of you often!

• Love 4

Thanks, Meganz, for once again coming back to give us Long-Haulers a boost in our spirits and further assurance that we are healing and will heal!!!  You have been such a ray of sunshine in my life since I began my own benzo journey almost 44 months ago, and I am very happy to hear of your 100% recovery!!!

I know that your “babies” and your husband love having you happy, strong, and healthy♥️🙏🥰

Big hugs,

GG

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for coming back and spending hope and encouragement!!! I know you suffered from awful pain too and it’s so encouraging to read that you are 100% well 🤩I wish you all the best and a healthy happy life!!! Enjoy 🤗🍀

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2023 at 18:35, [[d...] said:

@[Me...]This is so great to hear!!!  I am so happy for you.   Six years is a long time, but it sounds like you are completely healed.   I have forgotten when you started really feeling better.    I think it was around 44-45 months.    Is that correct?   You continue to be such an encouragement to those of us who are protracted.    I think of you often!

Yes…it was middle of year 3 I started having less symptoms. Never really any real windows. Symptoms started fading away slowly then! And it took until year 6 for them to go away entirely. Although I still can hear my heart beat if I listen closely and pay attention. As if my nervous system has required itself lol. Because I don’t hear it unless I want to. No alcohol or medications during this time !!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 26/11/2023 at 04:42, [[G...] said:

Thanks, Meganz, for once again coming back to give us Long-Haulers a boost in our spirits and further assurance that we are healing and will heal!!!  You have been such a ray of sunshine in my life since I began my own benzo journey almost 44 months ago, and I am very happy to hear of your 100% recovery!!!

I know that your “babies” and your husband love having you happy, strong, and healthy♥️🙏🥰

Big hugs,

GG

My friend. I wish you nothing but happiness and joy. I’ll never forget you <33333

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Yes…it was middle of year 3 I started having less symptoms. Never really any real windows. Symptoms started fading away slowly then! And it took until year 6 for them to go away entirely. Although I still can hear my heart beat if I listen closely and pay attention. As if my nervous system has required itself lol. Because I don’t hear it unless I want to. No alcohol or medications during this time !!

How long were you on these drugs for before you stopped? Six years is a long time to heal. 

Hey meganz, when I first joined you were in a bad spot and i recall reading your posts and being triggered by your suffering.  It's so awesome to see you recovered and doing well.  It's good inspiration for me!  Thanks for coming back to share your success!

• 4 weeks later...

I’m so happy for u girl. U are a trooper and I salute u! 
💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

• Like 1

Hi Megan,

I'm glad for you. You were an inspiration and current proof that healing is real.

I read you in your difficult moments and I read you when you recovered.

Thank you for sharing, you were a guide and a hope in my low moments.

A hug and enjoy everything.

• 4 weeks later...

That's awesome, I think I'm about a year behind you. I remember when I first started on this website, you were on here complaining and suffering like me. Neither of us made a whole lot of sense at the time, and now I see that I'm starting to pull through to the other end as well.

This July will be 5 years for me, so I'm assuming we're on a similar timeline. My mind is pretty much clear now, so I'm just waiting on the physical symptoms to go away.

But let me ask you this, how did you know when you were 100% instead of say 85 or 90 or whatever random number people throw out there? Did you wake up and it was all better like a light switch, or did something else tell you that you were 100%? That's what I'm curious about, from somebody that started around the same time as you.

On 25/11/2023 at 06:55, [[M...] said:

Ok. So…

None.

Not….one.

All my previous success stories involved a few lingering symptoms… or me saying I was 80-90% healed. Well I felt 100% this week guys. I kid you not. WHAT. 
REALLY. 

for awhile there I was really upset over my last remaining symptoms thinking they were permanent or something else was wrong, but…nope! 

YAYYYYY

Hi Meganz, 

I came across your thread and wanted to congratulate on your victory over Benzo withdrawal. 

I wanted to ask you a question: did you have the torso/abdomen squeezing, tightening and seizing up? If you did how kind di this symptoms last tue you?

Thank you 🙏💕

On 26/11/2023 at 02:42, [[G...] said:

Big hugs,

GG

Garden, I'm at 47 months now and getting close. How close are you at 44 months?

@[Ju...]  I am 47 months; will be 48 months on March 15.   I feel I am getting close as well.  I still have symptoms but they are mostly physical.  My mental symptoms are lifting; way less intense than they have been the last 46 months.    What are your symptoms?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Meganz, I'm very happy to read your report here. Brotherly hugs from Brazil to you. Wishing you healing and the healing of everyone here who still suffers from physical and mental symptoms. I still have obsessive thoughts. but it is decreasing over time.

8 hours ago, [[d...] said:

@[Ju...]  I am 47 months; will be 48 months on March 15.   I feel I am getting close as well.  I still have symptoms but they are mostly physical.  My mental symptoms are lifting; way less intense than they have been the last 46 months.    What are your symptoms?

Nice, I'm glad mainly all the mental symptoms are gone for you too. I'm actually at 55 months, I think I misspoke. I'll be 5 years this summer, but I did have some setbacks due to ignorance. Aside from the setbacks, I would probably be healed by now. I've got some remaining muscle tension and sleep issues, still get some ringing ears and blurry vision, etc. Overall I'm functioning fine and living alone, but I'm ready for this mess to be over like you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
[Gi...]
On 25/11/2023 at 06:55, [[M...] said:

Ok. So…

None.

Not….one.

REALLY. 

YAYYYYY

Hi Meganz, congratulations! I have just come across your success story.

May I ask if you could describe all your muscle issues. I have tightness, pulling and squeezing on my torso back, flanks and ribs, neck shoulders but not all at the same time.

Thank you 🙏 ❤️

[tr...]

Meganz...hey old friend..Happy for you! I remember when you were in really rough shape. You speak life to others on here! Hugs! Stay well and live your best life:) xoxox

• 4 weeks later...
[ap...]
On 25/11/2023 at 16:55, [[M...] said:

Ok. So…

None.

Not….one.

REALLY. 

YAYYYYY

This is so wonderful Congratulations

[jo...]
On 22/02/2024 at 07:30, [[d...] said:

@[de...] how were you guys feeling at 34-36 months out? Were you severe?