Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

How do you handle menstrual symptoms in ABIND?

[Em...]

Just wondering what natural remedies everyone has tried to manage menstrual pain and inflammation whilst the nervous system is still dysregulated? 

Has anyone tried meditation to help with pain? It is something I want to try.

I really worked on lowering oestrogen this month by consuming 2 tablespoons of organic milled flax seed daily, eating cruciferous vegetables and lowering overall inflammation using a combination of things such as ginger capsules, anti inflammatory diet, nothing processed, no refined sugar etc. I took 2 x 400mg organic ginger capsules per day the 4 days leading up to my period and this definitely helped with pre menstrual symptoms, I had hardly any. I usually get sore boobs, increased mental symptoms, more akathisia. But I am still suffering with quite severe cramping on days 1-3 of my period and suffer more fatigue and migraines despite eating so well and taking the ginger. Raspberry leaf tea seems to help a little with cramping. Hot baths don’t seem to touch it, or hot water bottles. 

I can’t tolerate anything synthetic/man made in this. I wish I could tolerate painkillers but that isn’t an option right now given how sensitive my system is and how overloaded my body became with toxins. I’m sure in the future my body will be able to handle more again. But until then, trying to cope as best I can using nature (as hard as that is sometimes 🥺).

• 1 month later...