Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

RSV vaccine

[Ab...]

Not sure if this has harmed me or not.I had the vaccine almost a week ago and benzo symptoms have revved up.I jumped off a .25 clonazepam 48.5 months ago.I was still have issues with insomnia,anxiety.I was doing better until the RSV vaccine.Wondering  if anyone else got this and their withdrawal symptoms revved up.Had the flu shot a few weeks prior without additional problems.Also wondering how long to expect revved up symptoms to last before I go back to baseline.

Would like anyone with past vaccine issues to give me their input.

Thanks

Edited by [Ab...]

Hello @[Ab...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I am about to log off, so I cannot reply properly now. I expect other members will be along to help you.

Just a quick note, though, to reassure you that there is no evidence for vaccinations in combination with benzodiazepines causing problems. Benzodiazepines can cause problems, and vaccinations can sometimes cause us to feel unwell for a few days. But if you are in any doubt, you should contact your doctor to rule out any major problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 23/01/2024 at 15:08, [[D...] said:

Dr told me rsv vaccine is same as shingles vaccine which made my symptoms much worse

Singles vaccine did something to me permanently bad…7 months already.  Really messed up my ears…pressure ringing non stoop 

Edited by [Kh...]

@[Kh...] and @[Ab...] the RSV vaccine is NOT the same as the shingles vaccine. @[Di...] is wrong. That having been said, I found the RSV vaccine to be pretty hard on my system. If you're sensitive to meds as I am, it's no wonder you are having a hard time. However, the miserable s/x passed in a few days. I'm usually not sensitive to the flu vaccine but the RSV shot did a number on me. Hope you guys feel better soon. :giggle:

Understand they are not the same.  Mine was a general comment on my belief the shingles vaccine ruined me. Not sure why I have had weird ear issues for 7 months.  Medical community doesn’t want to address or discuss any potential relationship.  

Edited by [Kh...]

• 2 months later...
On 19/02/2024 at 12:47, [[K...] said:

Understand they are not the same.  Mine was a general comment on my belief the shingles vaccine ruined me. Not sure why I have had weird ear issues for 7 months.  Medical community doesn’t want to address or discuss any potential relationship.  

Just wanted to say many people have reported to vaers (vaccine adverse event reporting system) that tinnitus happened to them after vaccination. As with any drug on the planet, vaccines too have risks. 

You will recover. I think it’s been months since you posted this and you are doing well! :)

Just now, [[S...] said:

Just wanted to say many people have reported to vaers (vaccine adverse event reporting system) that tinnitus happened to them after vaccination. As with any drug on the planet, vaccines too have risks. 

You will recover. I think it’s been months since you posted this and you are doing well! :)

Unf the tinnitus continues to plague me.  All other benzo withdrawal symptoms have, for the most part, abated.  Its a terrible condition that is affecting my every day life in a big way.

@[Kh...] You’re not alone. My tinnitus the past week has been much worse. Either I’ve hit a wave or idk anymore. I really don’t feel like I have anymore benzo withdrawal symptoms except for the worse tinnitus. 

my tinnitus before was nothing compared to this. Hoping it just is louder because brain needs to heal still, and will improve. 

Edited by [Sw...]

we can only hope.  I do often have SI because of this ...how can we endure this madness

Edited by [Kh...]

@[Kh...] I relate to you as I had a lot of SI when I first got tinnitus. I assure you over time the brain just totally stops caring, the tinnitus changes and is more bearable, and you just go on with life. It took me 3 years to completely not care and I would remember being suicidal and think that I am SO GLAD I just persisted. Because I am so not suicidal about the T anymore.  Even today my tinnitus is a 7/10 and I just keep focusing on what could be. Not what is. 

I hold belief that I can get to a 3/10 or a 2/10 again and life will just go back to normal. I’m not joking when I say I used to enjoy the noise of my T and it didn’t bother me. Maybe it felt like a victory, it was just a part of me, like having green eyes, and I accepted it. 

My T today is soooooooo miserable BUT I know it can get better. Avoid the tinnitus talk website at all cost.

thanks for your kind words and support.   I went on tinnitus talk a couple times and it was pretty negative and depressing.  i really hope u are right about adjusting.  I have an audiologist specializing in this.  she says i will habituate eventually...i dont know.  i bought hearing aids to wear in quiet moments to mask the sound, they do provide relief, just a pain.