Titrate?

[ti...]

Tone, she/he (sorry tiff, I don't know!) had already attempted to cross over to valium with bad results.

Oh. I thought she was going to go to Valium. Oops.

Still gots a benzo brain sometimes. I simply misunderstood. Sowwy.  :crazy: :crazy:

That's ok, it is confusing. As I understand it, the counselor does want tiff to go back on val, after saying to stay away from it!  :crazy:

Unless I misunderstood!

I didn't really give the valium a chance, that is why he is saying to try that route since I am having a horrible time.Seriously, I can't take the constant anxiety, not with what I am personally going through.

I did take valium for about 3 weeks at night with no problem, it was when I started it in the morning that I fwlt down/emotionless etc.I don't know if it was just a bad day or what.I think I have always experienced interdose withdrawals on k though.I get real anxious right before it's time to take it again.My body must metabolize faster or something.It doesn't seem to calm me much when I do take it, but I know it's making my dep worse

See last post also..............

I am curious about the water titration because I asked a pharmacist and he said k isn't water soluable, so it won't work because you don't know how much you are actually getting?????????????????????

I did take valium for about 3 weeks at night with no problem, it was when I started it in the morning that I fwlt down/emotionless etc.I don't know if it was just a bad day or what.I think I have always experienced interdose withdrawals on k though.I get real anxious right before it's time to take it again.My body must metabolize faster or something.It doesn't seem to calm me much when I do take it, but I know it's making my dep worse

Interesting because I only took it at night during my taper.

See last post also..............

I am curious about the water titration because I asked a pharmacist and he said k isn't water soluable, so it won't work because you don't know how much you are actually getting?????????????????????

I'm betting others who have direct-tapered from K, will say your pharmacist is a space cadet. :2funny:

I avoid the word 'solution', because, technically, benzos are not water soluble. However, if the particles are fine enough, and the water is agitated, the benzos should be pretty well evenly distributed throughout the volume of water. Many people have done this, so it can be made to work! Additionally, pharmacists can make up benzo liquids that use other ingredients so that the benzo powder is 'suspended' throughout the liquid. This why we recommend homogenised full-fat milk, as the fat in homogenised milk is evenly distributed and the benzo powder has an affinity for the globules of fat. This is a benzo 'suspension', but probably not as good as the pharmacist could make, and it certainly doesn't keep as long! But it works. ;)

My friend shakes his vial for 5 minutes.

I think that is way over the top, but it certainly will do no harm, and is a bit of exercise! :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
Colin, I haven't adjusted any dosing.My personal matters have become out of control.The dose I am on isnt doing much in the way of anxiety/depression, but I am afraid to lower right now.I will need a titration schedule for .25k 3x day when you can get around to it.Thanx

^^^prev post.I think I should titrate at about a rate of 10% every 10-14 days.Slow seems better too me as I know what full withdrawal feels like.I still think I am experiencing some withdrawal at this point, whether it be tolerance or related to my passed attempt to get off.I will also need instructions of how to prepare the solution as I am very "brain dead" lately.Thanx

Is titration the best way or compounding?I found a pharmacist who will compound and I could cut .05 every 2 weeks or so.If this doesn't sound good I will titrate

Pros and cons for both:

Using compounding - don't have to worry about carrying your equipment with you if you go somewhere;

Titrating - can do gradual, daily reductions - smoother downcline.

Tanya, did you titrate?How is it going?Are you off?

I want to do it the smoothest way, but I need to start soon.I have such benzo brain fog and depression I feel like I need someone to map out every step for me.I tried getting off myself once in like 2-3 weeks, bad idea.I  know withdrawal all too well and am scared beyond belief.

I believe colin is making me a titration schedule.I think I should maybe reduce 10% or less every 14 days.I am afraid with compunding I won't know how much to take at certain points and may get out of control in the withdrawal.Hard for me to figure out the amounts i should take the further down I go, and the dr and pharm basically leave it all up to me

^^^  Would a compounding pharmacist be able to do a liquid compound?Would that make it easier?It's not so much about the equipment, just whatever is easiest to go off

Hey tiff,

I think they can make a liquid klono, but i am not sure. When you titrate, you make a liquid yourself and go down as slowly as you want or need to. It IS a pain in the neck to do it every day - that's why using already prepared stuff by a pharmacy is easier. Talking about practicality only.

The major difference that I see is that by titrating yourself you gradually, little by little, go down in dose. It is not a cut and wait method, which i presume would be with using a compunded liquid or tablets. It seems that it's easier for people when they go down little by little.

Tiff, I titrate and I go extremely slowly (I've been on klono for way too many years and I feel this is the only way for me to get rid of it).

tanya

I would like to start the schedule next week if you have a chance to get it done.Thank you Colin

Hi, if I produce a schedule to start Monday, would that suit you?

Yes Colin.I think the slower the better.I will also need instructions on exactly how to prepare and how to do it dosing 3x a day at .25 each.I am really confused by this whole thing.Constant brain fog/dep/anx

Hi Tiff,

Here's your titration schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-tiffj-2008-06-08.html

It is based upon a taper rate of 1% per day.

Make up a liquid of 100ml, using a whole, powdered 1mg tablet. Since you are taking 0.75mg per day, 75ml from the 100ml volume will be an equivalent dose. Your schedule starts at 74ml - this represents your first cut.

This 74ml is for the whole day, so split it up into as many convenient doses as your require.

Add the following to your signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-tiffj-2008-06-08.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

Ok, so I can keep the liquid and just remix it for my later doses?I am going to use milk since its supposed to bind easier.Do I just stir it well, or does it need to be blended or shaken?

Didn't mean to end the above post.......also, I mix the pill into the full 100 ml, correct?Than use a syringe to measure the amount of liquid I take out after I have stirred it well?

Ok, so I can keep the liquid and just remix it for my later doses?I am going to use milk since its supposed to bind easier.Do I just stir it well, or does it need to be blended or shaken?

Tiff,

On your first day you will drink 74 ml. You can split it in as many doses as you want (3, 2...).

Please stir it really, really well. I stir mine and even shake it a bit.

Didn't mean to end the above post.......also, I mix the pill into the full 100 ml, correct?Than use a syringe to measure the amount of liquid I take out after I have stirred it well?

Yes!  :)

Hi Tiff,

Just make up 100ml of liquid, but only drink the amount indicated by the schedule.

People usually dispose of the amount of liquid that is unsued; a new batch is made up each day. You can carry over liquid if you like, but for simplicity (and to avoid mistakes), I recommend that you make up a fresh batch each day.

Remember, your daily dose can be split up in to two or more smaller doses to take over the day.