Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Words To Lighten Our Day II

[be...]

[Kr...]
On 11/04/2024 at 13:09, [[A...] said:

image.thumb.png.54c2cefb4126ded4d0f53d6b56da0f44.png

How can I do this? Is negativity different than normal upsetting life experiences? Can you give some examples of what kind of negativity you meant so I can not feel upset by anything? Please?

• Love 1

[Bl...]

Krisserk888 - I work on this everyday. In the past I could let the news, talk radio, or other people drag me down or even anger me by how they found fault with everything. So much of what we read, view, and listen to on social media, the news, and online is full of negativity and criticism. There are comedians, show hosts and opinion journalists that make their living in finding fault with stuff in their attempt to get a laugh or score a headline. I seek out news, information and entertainment that is just facts and/or uplifting. It's out there but the negative stuff is overwhelmingly the majority of what's front and center

I also steer clear of friends, family, or acquaintances that are gossips, contrarian or always see the glass as half full.

By avoiding the negative, my stress level has definitely decreased and my disposition has improved. I wish you well.

Edited by [Bl...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

[An...]
16 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Krisserk888 - I work on this everyday. In the past I could let the news, talk radio, or other people drag me down or even anger me by how they found fault with everything. So much of what we read, view, and listen to on social media, the news, and online is full of negativity and criticism. There are comedians, show hosts and opinion journalists that make their living in finding fault with stuff in their attempt to get a laugh or score a headline. I seek out news, information and entertainment that is just facts and/or uplifting. It's out there but the negative stuff is overwhelmingly the majority of what's front and center

I also steer clear of friends, family, or acquaintances that are gossips, contrarian or always see the glass as half full.

By avoiding the negative, my stress level has definitely decreased and my disposition has improved. I wish you well.

Nice! I have lived over half my life now. I will be lucky to get another 20-30 years out of this life. I just let most negative things go now. I hope I can recover and get off benzos completely one day but if I don't, I don't. I am happy for those who do and recover. I am at a standstill with my taper now and feeling ok. I had to pause things bc I am the caretaker of an elderly parent and she is sick and needs me to be as functional as possible.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Like 3