How to handle this anxiety, dentist visit in 3 days

[Tr...]

Here I am doubled over coz something is gripping my gut. I want to cry. I checked my fitness tracker and i barely got REM and deep sleep.

First, I discovered that I was not many months off benzos. My fcked up memory erased the fact that my doctor prescribed it "as needed" last April so I can adjust to mjrtazapine (a disaster I quit after a month). I might have taken 4 tablets 0.25mg Alprazolam. But i don't really remember.

So I am just maybe 2-3 months off benzos. That was demoralizing.

Then my teeth began aching. Like electricity shooting up 'em. Terrified of the antibiotics and anesthesia. I read the effects vary depending on the person. Terrified that my nerves are ultra sensitive. Terrified of setbacks.

The sleep that I was taking such special care to not be ruined is wreckedt. I don't know how people survive this for months, up to a year, 2 years. I dunno. I dunno.

Maybe there is nothing wrong with your teeth outside of nerves firing off in your teeth and gums,  and you won't need antibiotics, or anaesthesia.

It could all be withdrawal related. 

Many people, me including me, had pain in teeth and gums.  Very painful, but nothing that needed dentistry.

If you search in archives you'll see it mentioned, often. 

Maybe there is nothing wrong with your teeth outside of nerves firing off in your teeth and gums,  and you won't need antibiotics, or anaesthesia.

It could all be withdrawal related. 

Many people, me including me, had pain in teeth and gums.  Very painful, but nothing that needed dentistry.

If you search in archives you'll see it mentioned, often.

Would be grateful if that were the case (maybe? Pain is pain). Thing is, I have 2 impacted wisdom teeth and 1 marked for a root canal before (but Covid lockdown happened). Dental debts to pay, so to speak.

I've had root canal and wisdom tooth surgery before. Now I have to deal with chemical anxiety and the threat that any drug might set me back and might cause more hurt. Worried that my nerves are acting up in a benzo withdrawal frenzy and mess up with anesthesia or whatever.

My therapist is trying to get me to work with acceptance and letting go of the past but now I'm looping back to anger on the psychiatrist who gave me benzos. And anger at myself for trusting her.

Sorry for the rant. Really bad spot now.