Gaviscon

[Ma...]

I have severe heartburn and acid reflux after 7 and a half months of being benzo free.It is so severe that it lasts all day and I find it hard to eat peacefully or sleep.Some days I have to stay up the entire day and sleep the day after.I used to use Prevacid before my taper and I used it for years and was fine,now my body rejects it and it amps me up.I tried Pepcid AC and it gave me tachycardia.I called the pharmacist and he told me that it is a rare side effect and told me to discontinue using it.I'm allergic to aloe vera so I cannot take that and I see on the bottle of Gaviscon that it has alot of magnesium.I heard magnesium can ramp us up too.I can only take tums pepto bismol and baking soda all do nothing to help.It is that severe and I do not have a gastro appointment till September 6th...Has anyone had issues with Gaviscon due to the magnesium content in it? Or is it safe for us due to the content of magnesium it contains?

Not everyone reacts badly to magnesium. Many find it very helpful. The only way you'll know is to try. Just take it slow with a small amount as a test.