TMI but...

[So...]

Okay, don't say I didn't warn you!

TMI but I have either bacterial vaginitis or a UTI.  I'm very close to jumping after a huge cut reduction 5 weeks ago and I have many awful symptoms.

I have had this infection for a week now and it's to the point I'm bleeding so I will most likely need an antibiotic ):  I can't imagine feeling any worse than I do now so I really don't want to risk the setback.

What have other people done when getting an infection?  Any safe or "safer" antibiotics (I know to avoid floroquinalones)?  Thanks!

Oh my gosh, that sounds miserable, you’re bleeding?  I don’t have experience with UTI’s (knock on wood) but I know I’ve read many posts about them and seen suggestions on how to treat them naturally and with antibiotics but darned if I can remember anything useful for you.  :-[

Could you maybe use these search tools to find help, they’re a lot better than the forum’s. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=251991.0

I hope someone drops by to help.

Soapy, I recall Gardenguru and another member talking about fixes for UTIs -- "natural" fixes. So you might get in touch with her and ask her what was discussed. (Sorry, I have benzo brain).

The last UTI I had, the doc cultured it (I was bleeding, too) and prescribed Macrobid. It was an okay AB.

Best to you,

Katz

Thanks guys!  I'll use the search engine to try and find that and perhaps message GardenGuru.  I figure I'll at least try to treat this naturally before I resort to ABs. 

And Pamster don't worry it's not a lot of blood, I'm not in danger or anything or I would for sure go to the ER even if I didn't want to in that case!

I had a bacterial vaginitis during my taper and used metrodionazole (unsure I spelled that correctly) gel inserted at night for 5 nights and had no problem. Just to give you a little peace of mind in case it’s that and not a uti. Good luck. So not fun!

I recently had BV from taking too many epsom salt baths for body pain. Apparently the salts can really throw off your pH and deplete your good bacteria. I took a five day course of metronidazole and did fine. Oh, and I tried the over the counter Monistat (miconazole) first, and that made it worse, so ruled out a yeast infection.  Hope you find relief soon!

Oop yeah that monostat stuff ALWAYS makes mine worse, I think I'm allergic to it or something.  It sounds like metronidazole is pretty safe then, thanks guys :)