Coming off diazepam

[wi...]

I've been tapering down from 10mg diazepam by 1 mg per month and am now on 2mg. I'm feeling pretty rough but is this innevitable? I feel I might as well follow the Ashton Manual and knock off the last 2mg at a rate of 1mg per 2 weeks and be off in a month from now. Does anyone have any experience of coming off diazepam at this rate? Are there any supplements that might help with the withdrawal symptoms? Any advice gratefully received.

Edit: Removed personal information.

Your taper is very rapid, I’m not surprised you’re feeling rough.  Many members have said that towards the end, Professor Ashtons method has them reducing too much, many will slow things down. I feel that would be a good idea for you too because once off the drug, you won’t have it anymore to help mitigate your symptoms.  Recovery after a taper typically takes many months so you may as well use the drug to keep you functional while you can.

Supplements are tricky, some can take them, others take the same ones and report terrible side effects, we don’t always react well even if we’ve taken them in the past.  You can take a look at Alternative Therapies & Supplements board to see what has been mentioned.

You might want to check in with this support group, they deal with everything diazepam. Valium Support Group