Recommending a Massage Pad for Akathisia/Restlessness

[So...]

Hey guys!  I just really wanted to make a drug free helpful suggestion to all my buddies struggling with akathisia/agitation or restlessness. 

Now, I'm not sure how much this would help pacing akathisia manifestation but mine manifests as an extreme restlessness and discomfort in my abdomen and spine.  I do not pace tho but perhaps even if you can lay or sit a few minutes at a time this could help you too!

This massage pad was a bit pricey and there are cheaper options but I really want to emphasize how much the FULL BODY massage pad works.  It stimulates my abdomen and spine where you otherwise really can't move those areas much like with restless legs.

I just know how bad these sensations can get and I really wanted to just suggest anything that has helped me, even if it can just make it 10% better, any relief IS relief.

I will link the pad I ended up getting, it's not super intense but it massages just enough to take the edge off and I can stay on it for extended amounts of time since it's just a light massage. 

Above all, I KNOW how hard this is but we have to stay strong and keep fighting bcuz there IS an end to akathisia and restlessness, and there IS hope and another side to this.  From my own experience, I think the best thing you can do is keep a positive attitude (SO HARD) I get it, I was just thinking of giving up earlier today but the key is to think positive until it sticks. 

Try not to get caught up in the thought loops.  These are common with my wd.  The "my akathisia is never going to end or will take years to end".  "My other medications must be causing this *of course this could be the case but I'm talking in situations where it's been proven to you they are NOT*".  "My wd is going to take X amount of time bcuz so and so's did."  "I can't do this, poor me, why is this happening."  "Oh no, that person gave up so therefore I'm going to end up giving up too."

While these are all valid complaints and easy to think, a big part of anxiety and terror is feeding INTO the worst case scenarios and applying them to yourself.  I know the suffering is immerserable and these thoughts come, a big thing I've learned with OCD is its okay for the these thoughts to come.  Don't fight them, accept them!  And then give yourself a reality check and ground again.  Repeat.  Repeat every single time.  I promise you that you can do this.  I'm doing this, thousands of others are doing this.  MILLIONS dare I say, of people have gotten thru this even if it only lasted a few hours for them.  EVERY SINGLE person I have talked to who has survived akathisia like symptoms is SO HAPPY with their life now and THRIVING.  That can be you!  Do not lie to yourself and think it can't be, there are people who have done this way longer and gotten to the other side.  There are so many people on this planet, for you to be a worst case scenario and be different from them is highly unlikely!

Okay, pep talk over, enjoy your massage pads and comment here if you end up getting it and it helps!  I just had to throw in the pep talk becuz I am experiencing one of the short breaks I get from this per day and I needed to send out some possitivity!  Again, trust me, just two hours ago I was on a super low ebb and it PASSED!  even if you only get a break for a few hours, enjoy it and then wait for the next one 😉

https://www.amazon.com/Comfier-Massage-Vibrating-Shoulder-Massager/dp/B087LZ1TSB/ref=sxin_25_sbv_search_btf?content-id=amzn1.sym.26004839-d0aa-42fe-8e64-aa7094bf9096%3Aamzn1.sym.26004839-d0aa-42fe-8e64-aa7094bf9096&crid=1IILILFOV4GGK&cv_ct_cx=massage+pad+for+bed&keywords=massage+pad+for+bed&pd_rd_i=B087LZ1TSB&pd_rd_r=709a0e52-850f-4e71-9d2c-404d3fb038c9&pd_rd_w=gAG9Z&pd_rd_wg=nxX6e&pf_rd_p=26004839-d0aa-42fe-8e64-aa7094bf9096&pf_rd_r=FTA1PPC76T6V7J6Z95HP&qid=1688919726&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=massage+pa%2Caps%2C216&sr=1-1-3bb2315b-f120-40bb-95a3-315d464ca631&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

Yeah no problem Pamster, anyway I can help people I will pass along as I know first hand (obviously) how bad this sucks!

Just have to keep riding this out, I'm real sorry that I didn't listen to you all ab reinstating the first time but I'm sure you hear that a lot lol!  No going back now.

You have an amazing attitude, especially dealing with what you are right now.  To be able to give a “pep talk” while you feel like this shows me how determined you are, I have no doubt you’ll not only survive this but thrive as well.

Thanks Pam, that's very nice to hear!  One of my fears has been that I have lost my personality thru this so it's very uplifting to hear from multiple members on here that that is still shining thru!

And yes I am very determined, I must do this.  I look forward to the day I can write my success story as it has been a crazy ride.  I'd also love to help others thru this hellish experience as well, maybe take a few months off to catch my breath first though  :laugh: