Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Symptom question

[Ma...]

I feel like I have lost all sense of “self”. It’s not dp/dr…just…I no longer feel like “me”. It’s incredibly terrifying.

Anyone else?

What exactly does that mean for you? I don’t even recognize this person inhabiting my body and I cannot see the future. At all…

I am not myself at all.  Can't ever feel joy or pleasure.  Can't enjoy anything!  I'm just existing.  Everything that use to be natural in living I have to now force just to survive this hell.  This is my sixth setback as if I am withdrawing all over again.  It is acute in every way mentally and physically. 
  • Love 1

Hi Mary,

First, it would be so, so helpful if you could put your med journey at the bottom of your page. It helps people assess what you may be feeling with a little more accuracy. I've found the same symptoms are there, month after month, but for me they just lighten. Yes, sometimes something new comes up, but for the most part, everything just gets less intense and a bit easier.

I'm at 10 months off and most days are okay. NOT great, but okay. I'm getting myself back little by little but also am not clinging to who I thought I was. I'm still me. I've changed a bit from this experience. How could I not? But I'm getting more comfortable in myself, inch by inch. Hang in there! :thumbsup:

I am not myself at all.  Can't ever feel joy or pleasure.  Can't enjoy anything!  I'm just existing.  Everything that use to be natural in living I have to now force just to survive this hell.  This is my sixth setback as if I am withdrawing all over again.  It is acute in every way mentally and physically.

Hi Neverme,

In your signature I read that you had many setbacks. I know that you had periods where you ate pure and organic, no sugar, no caffeine and only drank lemon water.

Did you also maintain this habit during periods when you felt healed?

I jumped back into life to catch up on lost time and did not eat as pure going out to dinner with friends and having a cocktail. I ate organic maybe 50% of the time but I was also eating chocolate (way too much) and physically stressing myself out over doing it at home trying to catch up on everything I was behind on.   

What was your 5th setback? SO DO happy you are well and happy again!!!

Sorry, Mary1, I'm not.  I was just answering the question from John.

I’m sorry. Your signature says otherwise. Here’s to looking up for both of us!!

I misunderstood.  Yes, I healed from my 5th setback. I was healed almost 9 months.  But I am now in my 6th setback. It's been almost 5 months now.

I’ve had many setbacks myself including 1 that began last month leaving me bedridden. Can you pinpoint what set you back? Are you functional? 🙏

I’ve had many setbacks myself including 1 that began last month leaving me bedridden. Can you pinpoint what set you back? Are you functional? 🙏

I will private message you.

Neverme: my PM’s are deactivated but I read your message. My heart goes out to you. Sending love and hugs ❤️

I jumped back into life to catch up on lost time and did not eat as pure going out to dinner with friends and having a cocktail. I ate organic maybe 50% of the time but I was also eating chocolate (way too much) and physically stressing myself out over doing it at home trying to catch up on everything I was behind on. 

Thank you.

Maybe one or more of these things are of particular importance to you in order to heal and staying healed.

I suspect that for me caffeine is of particular importance. Alcohol is no issue for me because I never drink it.

I hope you recover quickly and this is your last big wave.

Thank you.

Maybe one or more of these things are of particular importance to you in order to heal and staying healed.

I suspect that for me caffeine is of particular importance. Alcohol is no issue for me because I never drink it.

I hope you recover quickly and this is your last big wave.

Thanks, John17.  I agree with you 100%.  This time around if/when I heal, I will stay clean and not jump back into life.  Alcohol isn't my thing either but even having a cocktail once a week out to dinner if/when I am healed will not happen.  I guess I had to learn the hard way.  When I am healed, I am so happy just to live again and I don't even dwell at all on my setbacks.  This time I will.

Thank you for the encouragement. 

Neverme,

Were you able to enjoy normal things in between your setbacks?

J

Neverme,

Were you able to enjoy normal things in between your setbacks?

YES!! Absolutely!  I felt totally normal, happy, no depression, no anxiety ridden body, felt like "me" again, I could eat and enjoy food, constant queasiness gone, everything looked beautiful again and was so excited about life and didn't look back. Unfortunately, the joy of being me was very short lived each time.