Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Can anyone relate?

[Al...]

This is really hard to explain but I’m going to try. My head often feels like it’s internally shaking and like I’ve had 50 cups of coffee. It feels like agitation and restless in my brain. I’ve been calling it overstimulation but I’m not sure if that’s the right word. My husband thinks it’s the anxiety but it’s the weirdest most uncomfortable feeling. I don’t have it constantly and there are times when it’s worse than others and it can last for days even weeks. Sometimes I think it’s my neck and my scalp are tight and causing a weird sensation in my head. I know this sounds weird but has anyone experienced this? When it’s at it worst I have a hard time dealing with anything like it actually hurts to look at my phone or have a conversation like my brain can’t handle it.  I just need to be in a quiet room. I’m almost two years off and wondering if this is something anyone else has dealt with and if it goes away? Of course my automatic is I have a brain tumor.

I remember not being able to relax, to be in a constant state of agitation, I’m so sorry you’re still feeling this at 2 years off.  I can’t relate to the pain but I remember needing that quiet room, benign around people was rough.  All of this went away for me, I hope your leaves soon.

Yes, I get something that sounds very similar.  I call it “vibrating brain.”  I have lots of head pressures and weird physical sensations in my head, and I think this is one of them.  I think must of them are muscular in nature…like the muscles in my head just can’t relax.  I’m not sure what the vibrating brain is though.  Maybe weird nerve activity?

What I do know is I can’t focus or concentrate whatsoever when I have this.  It’s not painful per se but it’s definitely uncomfortable and it’s definitely distracting.  I’m 9 months out. 

That’s a great way to describe it, not painful but very uncomfortable. I’ve noticed  it ramps up when I’m stressed.

That’s a great way to describe it, not painful but very uncomfortable. I’ve noticed  it ramps up when I’m stressed.

I think everything ramps up when we’re stressed.  Mine seems to get worse when I’ve pushed my limits with physical activity.