Klonopin low dose taper

[Fl...]

I’ve been splitting a .5 tablet at night for about 5 years (.25 total per day). Truthfully, I’m not sure how much good it is even doing me and I want to get off of it. Everything I’m reading is related to much higher doses. I would love to hear from anyone who has tapered from .25 and how best to do it. It’s hard enough to split the small tablet so I’m thinking I would need to use the water method. Thanks for your help!

Hello Floridagal, Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

It sounds like you may have become tolerant, that's what happens to many of us, when your usual dose stops working. I know its tough cutting small pills, I struggled using a razor blade cutting my 2 mg diazepam.  0.25 clonazepam is roughly equal to 5mg diazepam, its not such a low dose.  I am sure some of our Klonopin members will help with advice.  The titration method will slow the process right down for you.  What withdrawal symptoms are you experiencing?.  The rule of thumb is to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days,  Its  best to taper at a rate you are comfortable with.  Check out the forum, we have a great community here, our members are very supportive. 

I'll leave you a few links to resources:

Titration

The Ashton Manual

Klonopin Klub 

Magrita  :)

Thanks for your reply. I enjoyed reading your story! I am not experiencing any withdrawal because I’m still taking it. I’m just trying to figure out the best way to begin tapering and how slow I should go. I know most benzos are different and  Klonopin stays in your system longer than others so just trying to educate myself on the impact of that.

I'm confused .I'm on 2 0.5 mg plus a half . so i guess that's 0.125 or is that a quarter?  How much can I taper not sure what to do.  I was off them for 13 years but husband passed away and now I'm on klonopin and they changed manufactures to a brand I don't seem to tolerate.  Neck tremors cant eat heart palpitations.  I really need help.