Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Tingling, Itchy Scalp, Bee Stings in Feet and Lower Legs

[Ob...]

Hello everyone.  I’m in day 98 of being off Klonopin.  Could anyone give me words of encouragement regarding the symptoms I feel now:  Itchy Scalp, Tingling in the Feet, sometimes Bee Stings in the feet and lower legs. 

Hi Buddy,

I read your post earlier today and thought I would wait for other buddies to reply but see that nobody has responded yet. I was tapering off of both Diazepam AND Alprazolam for about a year. Recently I jumped off the Diazepam and I'm continuing with the Alprazolam taper.

I can ABSOLUTELY relate to both of the symptoms you listed in the subject field. Early in my taper when my cuts were larger, there was a time my scalp began to itch but turned into pain in my scalp then hair loss. It was awful. One of my ongoing consistent symptoms is tingling in the hands and feet. It's not constant, but I feel it daily intermittently. From what I understand these symptoms can continue for a year or more after our jump. I hope others will chime in - but want to validate - that your symptoms ARE very consistent with the healing process from Benzo recovery. Hope this helps. Take care of you.