Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I’ve healed 🙌🏼

[Jo...]

Hello, it’s been a long time coming and I have been delaying this for some time now. I’ve delayed taking about my recovery because lve been catching back up with my life. I took very small amount of Xanax through out a 6 month period and then took 1 pill of lexapro and 1 pill of buspar and it sent me to a adverse reaction which I would describe as the depths of hell! I can go into all the symptoms I had although there is truly no words that can comprehend the feelings and things I was going through. It was a dark time for me and I questioned if I was going to be one of those stories “yeah remember John, he went crazy and jumped of a bridge or yeah remember John he’s in a metal ward now and I can’t believe it because  he seemed like smart guy”.  Every min and every sec of every day I was simply just trying to find some comfort and honesty I never did in the 1st half of what I what I went through. At about 6 months I would have maybe a few minutes a day where I didn’t feel out of my mind and it was enough to keep me hoping that I’d get my life back. I had 3 friends that I met on Reddit and YouTube one was fully recovered and his name was Bob and man Bob was a Angel and his voice and his confidence made me feel like I would be okay one day he would really sooth me for the moments I was able to speak to him or here his video text and I’m so thankful for him. Then there was Bo and Omar and them boys were going through it with me and man we talked daily and sometimes we were complaining and feeling doomed but damn that really helped having them guys by my side over the phone I will forever love those guys they are my brothers for life. I actually introduced Bob, Omar and Bo and we all still keep in touch till this day and Bo and Omar are at the end and healing great also which is a blessing! I can go on and on about how shitty my life was for a year but the big reason I’m here typing is to tell you that I’m back and I feel great and I made it!!! I read so much about how people get stuck in akethesia and I thought for sure I was stuck and it was terrifying, people don’t understand what real fear is. The fear was so bad that is wasn’t fear it was some kind of sinister almost vibration like bolt of energy through out your soul that was relentless. Guys I’ll tell ya the amazing news is……it’s gone the fear is gone!!!!! Please hold on for dear life I promise you that you will heal and get better, no one that hasn’t gone through this will understand you at all and I advise for you not to hold anger towards them because it’s unimaginable that something like this can be real or exist. Please be gentle on your self and I know you’re having terrible thoughts and I promised you 95 percent of those thoughts are unreasonable and untrue so allow them to just pop in out of your head all day and just accept that it’s just your brain rewiring and going through a healing process and your mind is playing tricks on you during that process. I wish I could elaborate more on this but there’s really only so much to say because words can’t express this journey. Stay strong and your life will be granted back to you with a bow on it because it will truly be a gift! I’m living and thriving and having a great life now so you will too! Cheers to my warriors, be safe and strong!!!
  • Like 4

This is great to hear, I’m so glad you found community with people who were going through this with you and thank you for writing your success story, I lived on them, they’re so important.  :smitten:

Congratulations I am so happy for you Johnnybaby22. Thank you for posting your story, success stories inspire our members  and give them much needed hope and encouragement to keep going.

Have a wonderful life.

Magrita :smitten:

I love the way you say the healing is a gift wrapped up in a big bow! It sure felt that way to me and I know it will encourage others still walking the path to recovery. Thanks for this.

piamogirl  :smitten:

Thanks for a truly inspiring message which is a beacon of hope for those of us waiting for our healing!  You have a way with words that expresses well all the emotions and feelings you went through!

Have a great life!!!!

GG

You got me teary-eyed here.

The description of the fear, the bolt of lightning... yeah... i pray that I will heal too. Aka symptoms are awful.

Thank you for showing that healing is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Johnny! Well done for hanging in there and going through that thick forest. But now you’re in the clearing!  :thumbsup:

Others really need to see success stories like this. I’m also reaping the benefits of time being a healer.  :thumbsup:

Take care!

Happy for you way to go!

Hello, it’s been a long time coming and I have been delaying this for some time now. I’ve delayed taking about my recovery because lve been catching back up with my life. I took very small amount of Xanax through out a 6 month period and then took 1 pill of lexapro and 1 pill of buspar and it sent me to a adverse reaction which I would describe as the depths of hell! I can go into all the symptoms I had although there is truly no words that can comprehend the feelings and things I was going through. It was a dark time for me and I questioned if I was going to be one of those stories “yeah remember John, he went crazy and jumped of a bridge or yeah remember John he’s in a metal ward now and I can’t believe it because  he seemed like smart guy”.  Every min and every sec of every day I was simply just trying to find some comfort and honesty I never did in the 1st half of what I what I went through. At about 6 months I would have maybe a few minutes a day where I didn’t feel out of my mind and it was enough to keep me hoping that I’d get my life back. I had 3 friends that I met on Reddit and YouTube one was fully recovered and his name was Bob and man Bob was a Angel and his voice and his confidence made me feel like I would be okay one day he would really sooth me for the moments I was able to speak to him or here his video text and I’m so thankful for him. Then there was Bo and Omar and them boys were going through it with me and man we talked daily and sometimes we were complaining and feeling doomed but damn that really helped having them guys by my side over the phone I will forever love those guys they are my brothers for life. I actually introduced Bob, Omar and Bo and we all still keep in touch till this day and Bo and Omar are at the end and healing great also which is a blessing! I can go on and on about how shitty my life was for a year but the big reason I’m here typing is to tell you that I’m back and I feel great and I made it!!! I read so much about how people get stuck in akethesia and I thought for sure I was stuck and it was terrifying, people don’t understand what real fear is. The fear was so bad that is wasn’t fear it was some kind of sinister almost vibration like bolt of energy through out your soul that was relentless. Guys I’ll tell ya the amazing news is……it’s gone the fear is gone!!!!! Please hold on for dear life I promise you that you will heal and get better, no one that hasn’t gone through this will understand you at all and I advise for you not to hold anger towards them because it’s unimaginable that something like this can be real or exist. Please be gentle on your self and I know you’re having terrible thoughts and I promised you 95 percent of those thoughts are unreasonable and untrue so allow them to just pop in out of your head all day and just accept that it’s just your brain rewiring and going through a healing process and your mind is playing tricks on you during that process. I wish I could elaborate more on this but there’s really only so much to say because words can’t express this journey. Stay strong and your life will be granted back to you with a bow on it because it will truly be a gift! I’m living and thriving and having a great life now so you will too! Cheers to my warriors, be safe and strong!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/06/2023 at 01:56, [[J...] said:

Thank you for this.

• 2 months later...
On 27/06/2023 at 22:56, [[J...] said:

Congratulations on this 

. May i ask how.much xanax were u on? I take 0.25 twice a day and im trying to get off of it and its so hard