Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

HAS ANYONE HAD BOWEL BLOCKAGE FROM WITHDRAWL/ADRENALINE SURGING/WASTING, BMI 2 L

[Ti...]

My GI halted when I started adrenaline surging all the time, it's been intermittent/partial blocking, leading to full blocking, so full of waste/gas trapped, not responding to laxatives/bowel prep, severe medical trauma/PTSD from reactions and pain and non stop physical and emotional stress for 10 yrs, body is tapped, I'm so emaciated, wasting due to uncontrolled adrenaline surging and lack of food, can't hardly get any food in me, signs of sibo, scared of drs and meds and hospitals now. Had no idea til late in the game what this drug did to me. My system was already fragile due to preexisting health issues before I was put on Xanax, then I went thru yrs of severe pain from Dr injury that is still impacting me today and then abuse, that's when my system could handle no more, I was in withdrawal way before I was forced on a taper, taper is on hold due to how sick I am, I've had hernia mesh repairs in abdomen in past, feels like it tore during wasting, had traumatic testing that didn't go well, enemas don't work, been told bowel is full, don't have good imaging though becuz I can't handle it. I look maybe 70 lbs. I'm afraid this drug withdrawal and the trauma is going to kill me. I can't calm at all. Even talking about my situation causes me to surge, symptoms make me surge and panic, this is dangeorus, wondering if anyone has ever been at this point.

I’m so sorry things are so tough. I know many people on here have been in very hard positions thru their journeys. I hope some will chime in.

You might see if Dr Witt Doerring has any thoughts… he’s worked on some harder cases and probably lost benzo wise. If need extra moral support, any of the benzo coaches might be able to talk thru options for GI issues…..I know it is scary and I am so sorry. I’m hoping you can have someone talk thru with you how to approach checking on your bowels and trying to get some weight on you bc that is prob most key right now.

Angela Peacock

https://calendly.com/apeacockconsulting

Jennifer Leigh

https://clients.vcita.com/portal/16isvm9sfm1gpyzz#/schedule?s=https%3A%2F%2Fbenzowithdrawalhelp.com%2F&o=bGl2ZXNpdGVfbWFpbl9hY3Rpb24%3D&redirect=close&fromName&step=1

Breathe. Hugs, and hoping someone can chime in who has had the same GI stuff. I’ve had quite a few things but ct scans endoscopy etc showed ok. Use heating pad, a drop of Digize essential oil mixed with capful of coconut oil and then just a dab of that rubbed clockwise on my belly to help digestion and ginger for nausea. I’m sure you’ve tried what you can and hope others can bring some support.

Hi Timmer – I may have mentioned this in my earlier message but wanted to reply where others can reply also.

YES – Bowel obstruction and CHRONIC constipation have been one of my worst symptoms along with headaches. My GI issues have never been worse than during benzo WD. Awful pain, inability to go - INFLAMATION. etc.  I literally cannot go without TONS of supplements. It’s awful. I shared a ‘cocktail’ of supplements that is the ONLY cocktail that works for me after having tried DOZENS of supplements AND medications. I finally found something that works. It took a few tries for it to work - but it's finally working consistently after nothing else did.  I sent you a DM on these.

I also – have a hiatal hernia that was ‘repaired’. Long story. The hernia slipped back. TONS of GI issues. Too long to get into. Can you clarify what you mean when you say, ‘wasting’.  What does ‘wasting’ refer to?

I have been where you are. Dire. Chronic Acute. Your heart is beating – you are breathing. There is still hope. Hang on. You’re in the right place. We are here to support you.

Based upon everything you have shared Timmer, I think the first step is getting you a physician who can help SAFELY taper you to the point in which you can STABILIZE. (Queue Admins who will share their opinion and thoughts also) Is your current physician capable of doing this? Are they empathetic to the fact that you are 70 lbs, not able to go to the bathroom, take food etc?

I’m glad Boges11 gave you links to some coaches and a doctor, they may be able to help you sort through your physical challenges as well as some of the trauma you’ve endured.  BenzoBuddies can offer limited support so I feel you would benefit from real life intervention in addition to our help.