Klonopin 1.25 Taper - please help me.

[At...]

On 1.25 of Klonopin. I don't know how to do this further taper on my own. I want a slow taper and here in the great white north, our health system has become horrendous. No doctors available and no doctors wanting to help. Psych wants to cut me off or even abandon me as her patient. Asked re a 5 percent slow compound taper. Was yelled at and told the cuts are 25 percent. Doesn't know how to write a script and pushed me towards addictions clinic who also have no clue about slow taper. I can't believe this has happened to me. Have suffered from agoraphobia, panic and severe body anxiety since my 20's, controlled by SSRI. Also had some bouts of depression. Nothing like this. The highest dose of Klonopin they had me on over a year ago was 3 mg. I went down to 1.25 mg. I don't know if I have enough pills to try a water taper. I'm so scared and in a brain fog and agoraphobic and mind is not working. Can anyone help with a taper plan of 5 percent reduction per month. I don't know if they will give me liquid compounding or listen to me or do anything. Does anyone have a sample water taper spreadsheet for water taper with numbers and calculations, and stuff I need if I were to attempt to try this tapering on my own? I have no support and everyone has abandoned me. I have been left in limbo. Not sure if this is making sense. Please help.

Get a scale to weight your Klonopin. Take 5-10% cuts every 4 wks or until side effects stabilize.  Nothing wrong with holding dose for weeks or months.  Eat a Keto diet. Mostly meat and some veg.  Stay on the diet forever after you get done with benzo.  Best I can tell you.  I am holding at .25 twice a day about to start reducing dose again.

I have just been prescribed liquid compound now. Thank you for responding but my brain is in a complete fog and state of anhedonia. They want to reduce 0.1mg from 1.25 Klonopin every 4 weeks, and for me to take once a day apparently. Up until now been on pills. I don't take once a day. I do twice. I didn't ask for that. No one is helping prescribe to taper me properly. Addictions suggested that as the slowest taper. No clue what they are doing here in Canada.or how to write the script. Sent it in like taper 1.25 mg to 1.15 to 1.05 etc. I asked for 5% taper a month. I can't get a prescriber or doctor here to work with me. Those are big cuts the lower you get. I am freaking out. I have no appetite and non-functional and developed food intolerances. Can only eat like 7 foods. Have lost 65 lbs and still losing. Severely depressed and anxious. Am so scared. 

Hi Athina, I’ve moved your thread to the titration board and I’m going to ask someone with experience to drop by to lend a hand.  You can take the liquid Klonopin more than once a day, we’ll help you figure this out.  :)

In the meantime, can you give us more information, we may need to know the concentration of the liquid. 

I will help you.

Tell me exactly what is on the bottle of you liquid.  Do not leave anything out.

Then confirm you want to reduce 5% per month and take it twice a day.

If you have a liquid that is a whole lot easier so don't rush. 5% a month would be a goal or slower. 

Watch this husband/wife psychiatrists that specialize in benzo withdrawal, injury, tapering etc..They discuss how doctors are not taught about these things in med school.  They have good advice on how to taper, when to go ahead and hold a dose or reduce the dose.  Search through videos and start with the earlier tapering ones and then you can work your way to the more detailed ones.  It will make you feel a whole lot better knowing this will get better.

https://www.youtube.com/@witt-doerringpsychiatry