Interdose withdrawals looking to get off of Klonopin

[Wh...]

If it's bad you might just want to go up to 0.5mg. In the bigger scheme of starting at 1.5mg I'm not sure how much you're getting from 0.25mg. Your brain was used to a much bigger dose so you might need more to feel a change in symptoms.

It's bad. Though not sure how much of this can be attributed to adjusting to the new Zoloft dosage as well. I think I might have to. Holding on.

It sounds like you did the right, I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better, are you still dealing with palpitations? 

It sounds like you did the right, I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better, are you still dealing with palpitations?

Palpitations have improved greatly but are still present. They are not extremely distressing but it prevents me from getting a lot done. Wonder if going up to 0.75 would help alleviate this more or if waiting more on 0.5 would let it improve.

I am so happy you're seeing some improvement and symptoms are settling down!

Thank you, definitely not out of the woods yet, but it is good to have some respite from this. Slowly doing more things.

Day 4 from updose to 0.5, things are improving. Palpitations are still present but to a lesser degree now, do not need to walk nearly as much, but it is still bothersome. Don't know whether to wait for this to go away or if going up a little more would help eliminate this further. Don't want to lose what I have going right now, last couple of days have not been pleasant. Having intermittent periods of agitation still but much less compared to before.

Palpitations have improved greatly but are still present. They are not extremely distressing but it prevents me from getting a lot done. Wonder if going up to 0.75 would help alleviate this more or if waiting more on 0.5 would let it improve.

How many days since the updose?

How many days since the updose?

5 days now

It might be a good idea to wait a little longer before going up to .75, give it time to take effect.

Friend who was suffering from akathisia has passed on. Miss him and hope he is at peace.

I’m so very sorry for your loss.

Will do, will keep updating.

Feels like some miracle I'm still here. This past year has been a blur. The year to be off medications for good. Never would have thought I would have been on benzos, going closer and closer towards even worse dependence and withdrawals I cannot imagine. For some it seems like if the process is slow enough that they're able to manage but I don't know if I can do that to begin with. Feels like I'm going in deeper with this but what choice is there? It was unfortunate to not have gotten off at 2 weeks, I was so stupid. Now it will be 2 months and likely 3 or 4 months into this. Two failed attempts already to come off. Foreshadowing to something far, far worse than antidepressant withdrawal. Grim mood.

Is there any kind of consensus on tapering benzos before antidepressants or vice versa? Are there any good threads to read about this if there are any?

You sound pretty overwhelmed, I’m sorry you’re feeling so low, I wish I could help.  There are many threads about antidepressants on the Other Medications board and if you use these search tools you could maybe find some help there. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=251991.0

I’d check out this website too. https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/

You sound pretty overwhelmed, I’m sorry you’re feeling so low, I wish I could help.  There are many threads about antidepressants on the Other Medications board and if you use these search tools you could maybe find some help there. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=251991.0

I’d check out this website too. https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/

Thank you for the information and words of support, I really appreciate it. I see my doctor on the 5th and I'm going to ask him for 0.5mg pills. Things have been improving slowly but I still don't know if I'm "stabilized". I don't know if it's in the cards for me to try and taper again but now coming on 9 weeks of taking it I still feel I may have a chance, but at the same time because of such an adverse reaction I still don't know. Will wait a little bit longer on this dose and see where to go from there. Most worried about developing PAWS from this, it is unlikely but I've read rare cases in which it's happened in individuals who've taken it for only a couple of weeks.

If only we had a map or procedure we could follow, experimenting on ourselves is painful and discouraging.

If only we had a map or procedure we could follow, experimenting on ourselves is painful and discouraging.

Never thought I would be here doing this alone but I'm very surprised to have made it so far. Without the initial information I would have been in a much worse situation. I don't know if it'd be silly to ask my doctor about switching to Valium and how much of a shock that would be but also I have read that Klonopin works better for restlessness than Valium. I really wish my friend had the support he needed.

Keep surprising yourself and you’ll find your way out of this.  I gave up so many times, I wailed that I couldn’t go another day but somehow time passed and I recovered.

I don’t know about switching, it can be a rough transition for some, and if you’re having doubts, even those can mess with your success.

Do you have support in real life, are you still considering going up in dose? 

Keep surprising yourself and you’ll find your way out of this.  I gave up so many times, I wailed that I couldn’t go another day but somehow time passed and I recovered.

I don’t know about switching, it can be a rough transition for some, and if you’re having doubts, even those can mess with your success.

Do you have support in real life, are you still considering going up in dose?

Yes, I have immense support from both of my parents, whom I owe everything to. I was deciding to stick to the 0.5 dose but yesterday was particularly bad to the point I was considering taking some extra but it seems to have passed now. Bad restlessness and unable to concentrate on anything. SI became extremely intense but I am hoping that it will fade away with time. I see the doctor today.

Keep submitting as accurate posts as possible for other people to look at.... I don't know where I'm at, I could be fine..... But I am scared of each day.... I don't know myself, spend too much time in head, distort how bad things really are. Went out today and exerted myself, feel fine now but feel I will pay back for it later... Lots of self pitying and anxiety. Holding at 0.5mg Klonopin, doctor switched to odt which works faster..... Missed Zoloft 100mg dose today and took it now.... don't know how much suffering will come.

Support based forums like this one are incredible resources... there are some you go on and some are less inclined to help based on your own actions measured against their own suggestions, sometimes you try your best to heed them but fail miserably but you can only fail so many times until you're given up on or you give up yourself. I know I am overthinking this.... My head is so overstimulated. I don't know anything, I don't know what is yet to come, I am scared and numb to it now. I don't know what else to say but that I will keep updating as this goes on...

How you get to this point, it is interesting... All the time money and investment towards helping me live a better life end up like this through a combination of negligence on both myself and my doctors. I fear tomorrow and what comes next, I fear all of it. Don't know where my head's at right now..... feels like something could go off completely or not...... Sorry.

A month ago you were at 1.5mg and now you're at 0.5mg and holding on! That's amazing. I know when you start out it is very scary. The realisation of what is happening is overwhelming. It does get better as you start accepting what is happening to you, I promise. Two and a half years ago I was you. Now I'm benzo free and recovering from this ordeal.

As you've seen, and hopefully experienced around here, we allow you to be you and do what you want to do. We make recommendations and give advice and we hope that people follow that because we have learned the hard way and we don't want others to suffer like we did. But we will never judge or give up on you because you choose a different path.

As your symptoms settle down and as you settle into a steady taper and get used to this you'll see, things will level out again and you will find a new normal. It won't be easy but it won't be awful all the time either. Hang in there!

A month ago you were at 1.5mg and now you're at 0.5mg and holding on! That's amazing. I know when you start out it is very scary. The realisation of what is happening is overwhelming. It does get better as you start accepting what is happening to you, I promise. Two and a half years ago I was you. Now I'm benzo free and recovering from this ordeal.

As you've seen, and hopefully experienced around here, we allow you to be you and do what you want to do. We make recommendations and give advice and we hope that people follow that because we have learned the hard way and we don't want others to suffer like we did. But we will never judge or give up on you because you choose a different path.

As your symptoms settle down and as you settle into a steady taper and get used to this you'll see, things will level out again and you will find a new normal. It won't be easy but it won't be awful all the time either. Hang in there!

I truly and deeply hope that it happens. Some part of me still believes that I will not adjust to this or that I will suddenly go into withdrawals one day. I was prescribed 0.25 odt tablets and don't know if I was prescribed them because regular Klonopin tablets don't come that small or because my doctor doesn't want me trying to taper myself. At this rate might get a weight. I am holding out for things to get better, thank you.

Still holding at 0.5, brain fog has not gotten much better, able to distract for most of the day but there will be a period where I have SI because of how unable I am to distract myself with anything, as silly as that sounds. I need to constantly be doing something and when you're physically and mentally unable to it drives me nuts, It's been over a week since holding and I don't know whether I should give it more time or not.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but my brain fog never got better during withdrawal. It was consistently bad. It's only now during recovery that I'm having windows where brain fog lifts during the evening. The updose levelled out some of your other symptoms like the palpitations. I do think you need to hold for a couple of weeks. Your body has been through so much and your brain needs time to recover.

I don't want you to feel discouraged by the brain fog but I don't want to lie to you either. Maybe you're luckier than me and it gets better for you. The fact you're able to distract for the most part is a really good sign and credit to you for putting in the hard work, because distracting can be tough. You are doing your best to beat this and I know you will!

My brain fog has gotten better during tapering. I was a total zombie when I started taking this and didn't realize in time, now I have regained part of my cognition and memory since lowering amd holding and lowering again.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but my brain fog never got better during withdrawal. It was consistently bad. It's only now during recovery that I'm having windows where brain fog lifts during the evening. The updose levelled out some of your other symptoms like the palpitations. I do think you need to hold for a couple of weeks. Your body has been through so much and your brain needs time to recover.

I don't want you to feel discouraged by the brain fog but I don't want to lie to you either. Maybe you're luckier than me and it gets better for you. The fact you're able to distract for the most part is a really good sign and credit to you for putting in the hard work, because distracting can be tough. You are doing your best to beat this and I know you will!

Thank you for the honest advice.... The only way out is still through apparently but any minor inconvenience, even now, sends me into a spiral of dark thoughts, I desperately want to get off of it but at the same time this brain fog right now is like living in purgatory, unable to do anything except exist with this dull, droning pain in my head..... I can feel the pressure there sometimes, it's like you want to pop it..... I really held out for some kind of improvement and there has been some so I'm still trying to refrain from updosing but it is so, so, hard. I don't even know what to describe these days, I hardly feel real. Thank you for the kind words...

My brain fog has gotten better during tapering. I was a total zombie when I started taking this and didn't realize in time, now I have regained part of my cognition and memory since lowering amd holding and lowering again.

How was your head pressure? Have this dull droning in my head constantly, have been holding at 0.5 for two weeks with a tiny bit of improvement..... Hope things improve but as Jelly Baby said I am nto going to get my hopes up too much....

I recently started taking an iron supplement and vitamin C supplement and that seems to have given me a bit more energy which is good but still dealing with bad brain fog and head pressure. It has been over two weeks since holding at 0.5 and unfortunately things are not turning out for the better with it. If it continues like this for a bit longer I will consider updosing again. I know that if I try and taper it now the symptoms would be too unbearable in this state...... also the idea of water tapering or weighing doses seems far too daunting right now to do consistently each day for very specific dosages.... sorry. Ultimately this choice is up to me but if I go up and feel better only to experience it again well...... what do you do......