Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Seeking Support Network

[Bi...]

Hi, I am joining benzobuddies to expand my support network as I recover from withdrawal. I was prescribed klonopin which I took daily for 6 months, then converted to diazapam to finish my taper which took another 6 months. I have been Benzo free for 6 months, but am still having symptoms which vary from day to day.

Hello Bill357, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

It’s so discouraging to taper so long only to face a long recovery, I’m sorry you’re not there yet.  Have you noticed improvement?  My poor sick brain wouldn’t let me believe I was improving, I was convinced I never would.

We’re glad you’ve found us and hope you’ll find the support you need, we need a lot of reassurance while we go through this and we have many members who are recovered to provide that.

Pamster

Ashton Manual symptom list

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Hi, I am joining benzobuddies to expand my support network as I recover from withdrawal. I was prescribed klonopin which I took daily for 6 months, then converted to diazapam to finish my taper which took another 6 months. I have been Benzo free for 6 months, but am still having symptoms which vary from day to day.

Hi Bill, I'm glad you are here :)  I have been here going on a month I believe, and have gleaned a ton of info about benzos, and clonazepam which I was on many years.  I really found some hope in all the people that are, or were, in the same boat I am now.  I hope  you'll stick around, I find the blogs, and Support Group threads very helpful for me and reading other people's experience.  I am 70 years old, too the C 1 mg for 35 years and I am doing small, slow taper. 

There's a Klonopin Club, and but the forum is really large, so lots of things to check out ;) Denise :thumbsup::)