Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Benzo freedom

[Pi...]

Hi all. I’m currently in the process of using the micro-tapering technique to rid my self of clonazepam.  I originally was taking lorazepam just as needed but then my pdoc switched to C-Pam for sleep.  I was up to 2mg for sleep.  I’m now down to .265 mg.  I originally started anti-depressants around 15 yrs ago and went to c-Pam 5 years ago.  It certainly has been a ride!  Now, I am trying to excercise but this seems to really amplifies my cortisol and makes my sleep restless.  I’m trying to figure out strategies for this because I love to MOuntain Bike.

That’s a quick intro. Thanks.

Hello Pinyonpine - welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congratulations on your decision to taper off benzos and on the progress you've made.  You've come to the right place for information and support to help you with the remainder of you taper and how to cope with withdrawal symptoms like exercise intolerance during withdrawal. Please take your time to explore the site and feel free to ask questions.  Please reach out for support.  Below are some links to help you get started:

We're glad you found us!

Brighterday

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature

Hi all. I’m currently in the process of using the micro-tapering technique to rid my self of clonazepam.  I originally was taking lorazepam just as needed but then my pdoc switched to C-Pam for sleep.  I was up to 2mg for sleep.  I’m now down to .265 mg.  I originally started anti-depressants around 15 yrs ago and went to c-Pam 5 years ago.  It certainly has been a ride!  Now, I am trying to excercise but this seems to really amplifies my cortisol and makes my sleep restless.  I’m trying to figure out strategies for this because I love to MOuntain Bike.

That’s a quick intro. Thanks.

Hi Bud,

I think maybe the most important article on BB I've read, at least one of, is the one I'm linking to below.  I was totally ignorant to benzodiazapines and never bothered to look anything up, or ask a doctor even.  Just kept getting my 'script refilled.  Once I learned about the GABA and Glutamate Receptors and how they are effected by benzos (clonazepam for me) I was ready to seek out ways to taper so that I would be giving my body a chance to heal. I too love the stories I've read about slow-micro-tapers and that is my choice as well.  It took a long time for me to get in the fix I am now, so If's going to take a some time to do this thing right.

I'm 70 now, and took the drug for 35 years, but I do see quite a few with much less time on their drug and doing micro-tapers as well ;)  here's the link I think I came upon when I first got here just about a month ago, really helped me, glad you are here, Denise :thumbsup::)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=232042.0

;D Cog Fog, first time I heard that one, but isn't it the truth  :thumbsup: I can see why you picked your username Brighterday, it's kind of like waking up to life again.  I'm just in the very, early stages of my recovery but I wrote in my blog about it because yes, even now the cog fog is lifting.  I understand there will be ups and downs, but oh how I plan to look forward to those brighter days now that I've had a taste  :smitten::thumbsup: