Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

In trouble

[Ma...]

Hello Mauimom - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you found us - you will find plenty of good information and support here will help you with your taper off Xanax.  You will receive support from others who understand what you're going through.  This site can make a world of difference in getting through this experience.  It has been a lifeline for many, including me.

Please let us know more about your taper.  When did you start? What have your cuts been like, etc.  A good place to start is these two boards:  Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Below are some other links you may want to start with.  Please be sure to reach out for support, ask lots of questions about your situation, and let us know how we can help you.

We're glad you're here-

Brighterday

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature

I am currently withdrawing off 3 mg of Xanax and down to 1mg. I’m having severe anxiety and headaches.

Xanax has a quick half life-

I would go up to 2mg and allow the headaches and anxiety to subside-

Then read the withdrawals in the links and you'll probably go of over to Klonopin a longer lasting Benzo and then you can follow a taper routine