Paradoxical insomnia

[Jo...]

I am 3.5months post CT from 12 days Bromazepam and a short taper (7days) with diazepam.

Had some pretty severe sx.

I can swear I don’t sleep but my hubby claims I do. I lie in bed at 10pm and seem to wake up after 2hrs. Don’t feel like I’ve slept at all.

Has anyone dealt with this and does normal sleep return? 

The Way

Did you get that "tired feeling" back after you recovered?  I would do anything to actually feel tired when i go to bed at night...almost 12 months off and my sleep is all over the place.........most nights i get 5 hours.........sometimes 6 and sometimes 2...always broken.

i fell asleep great last night, within minutes...woke up exactly one hour later for no reason.....couldnt go back to sleep again.

Thank you Theway2 for taking the time to reply and thanks also for the advice.

Seems like a high price to pay for only a few weeks on this poison.

I look forward to healing in due course just as you have!

• 3 weeks later...

Actually so does my sleep watch. It if claims I’m sleeping.

My parents also claim I’m sleeping but I feel wide awake

I personally think that for some people insomnia is either very long lasting or permanent. It’s great that theway recovered but that is just not true for everybody. I am 18 months and still not sleeping but 2 to 5 broken hours a night. I keep hoping that eventually some form of sleep returns and allows me to live my life. I hope your recovery is as quick as theway’s was. I love hearing about people that recover relatively quickly.

I am getting worried about this. It seems strange that I have no sleepiness at all. Most people reporting insomnia seem to have a sleep drive but only sleep for short periods etc. I would be interested to hear from more people who never felt sleepy but have now recovered and sleep normally.

i had one year of complete hell with insomnia 10 years ago folks. I was getting off of 15MG of valium and literally would go 3-4 days in a row without sleep at a time.....crash and sleep then rinse and start again. It was a living nightmare...the good news is once i was OFF valium....my sleep returned to normal and i went 10 YEARS with never staying awake all night....once in a while there would be a night where i wouldnt fall asleep til 4am but that was it. Once i was fully off benzos it took about 2-3 months of spotty sleep but after that i was golden. So it DOES return. 10 years...think of that...10 years where i never once did not sleep. I was a complete idiot and went back on benzos once i couldnt sleep due to a divorce. Now here i am stuck in same situation.....insomnia sometimes for days. So i can guarantee you the insomnia you are experiencing is because of the benzos.