tapering benzos plan

[sm...]

Thank you Pamster! I made a plan at the beginning and then I was just basically following it. Adjusting a bit (prolonging dose by week or two).

But today you made me think! And I wanna thank you! I appreciate it! I am reconsidering my plan.

Now I will stay on 4 mg of diazepam dose reduction and see, how my body reacts. It is already almost one week and still it's only 13 % reduction. But I started thinking about slowing down my current plan. My goal is to get rid of the inner tension, which is better done by slower reduction. I am just wondering about the tradeoff - if I will taper too slowly, I will become more addicted. With 1 mg of diazepam reduction and each part taking 2 weeks, it would be more than a year till I am clean (+ diazepam has to completely leave my body). And maybe my body can handle a bit more.

But the thing is that I will see. I will watch how I react now. But anyway the today's rethinking made me seriously think about slowing down, because I think I can get rid of the inner tension better.

So this reduction can be like a small experiment - maybe it will help somebody here. Maybe not, everybody is different. I will see my reaction. I think my withdrawals started two days ago. But till now it is manageable. And I have an opportunity of home offices if I get ticks under eyes or smth. All of these withdrawals I want to avoid in the future of course. I do not want to shock my body. So also therefore the slowdown.

Thanks for your constant support! It made me think today really!

I’m so glad you’re giving careful consideration to your taper and considering your functionality, we need to be a able to perform our daily tasks and tapering too quickly can make that impossible. 

Experimenting is the only way to find what works but the problem is, even doing this, we still have to make adjustments along the way because things are always changing.  But I’m confident you’re going to find what’s best for you.

I wouldn’t worry about your body becoming more dependent, a few months more won’t make a difference but staying functional will.  :thumbsup:

• Love 1