CLONOPIN HELP! I can’t figure out taper dosage. Where is everyone?

[CK...]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [CK...]

• [he...]

• [Li...]

• [Pa...]

Hi Winters Sun,

Sorry for the delay. I think it may have been the batteries. Seems more stable with new batch. All of my past weights were off, so I was pretty much eyeballing the cuts and using what scale gave as assumed weight until this morning. My new weight is 0.167g (0.5mg) tablet, so I guess I should work with the equivalent weight for where I’ve been for  the past 3 weeks = 0.298g (approx), though 20% cut from 0.334g (1mg) (where I started) = 0.270g (where I’ve probably been) I’m afraid to go to new actual correct weight.

I wish I had $ for a better scale… or brain! It’s still a little jumpy 164-168g while trying to get weight on 0.5mg pill. I hope this is the way to go. I had a very anxious night last night so I’m not cutting until Jan 1st. I was originally going in increments of 10% from last dose and not from total original dose, just in case you’re wondering.

Pretty sure my next cut will be 5% and not 10%.

I hope you all have a calm and safe holiday. Fingers crossed. We’re going into a deep freeze here and I’m trying to prepare while also trying to work from home. Honestly, I feel like I’m going through chemo while locked in an freezer. Yes, I’m a bit dramatic. 😵‍💫

❤️

Hi Winters Sun,

Sorry for the delay. I think it may have been the batteries. Seems more stable with new batch. All of my past weights were off, so I was pretty much eyeballing the cuts and using what scale gave as assumed weight until this morning. My new weight is 0.167g (0.5mg) tablet, so I guess I should work with the equivalent weight for where I’ve been for  the past 3 weeks = 0.298g (approx), though 20% cut from 0.334g (1mg) (where I started) = 0.270g (where I’ve probably been) I’m afraid to go to new actual correct weight.

I wish I had $ for a better scale… or brain! It’s still a little jumpy 164-168g while trying to get weight on 0.5mg pill. I hope this is the way to go. I had a very anxious night last night so I’m not cutting until Jan 1st. I was originally going in increments of 10% from last dose and not from total original dose, just in case you’re wondering.

I hope you all have a calm and safe holiday. Fingers crossed. We’re going into a deep freeze here and I’m trying to prepare while also trying to work from home. Honestly, I feel like I’m going through chemo while locked in an freezer. Yes, I’m a bit dramatic. 😵‍💫

❤️

You know me well (calculating 10% from each new dose), CKing  :thumbsup:

Given you have 9 days before you make your first reduction, I would just practice weighing on the scale to get familiar with it. They are very sensitive, even dropping a tablet on the scale can give you a slightly different weight than gently placing the tablet on it.

Take a look at this webpage by Bob7. He was doing a DMT, making up his own pills by adding a filler, but you could figure out the entire weight of your weekly doses altogether, then just add and thoroughly mix a certain amount of the filler, and if you were dosing twice a day, you could divide that total mix into 14 equal doses. Because the filler would add so much more weight to each dose , the potential inconsistencies in the scale would no longer matter. The math was a bit difficult for me to comprehend, but you could just buy some large capsules and figure out how much filler it takes to fill 14 capsules and then go with slightly less… factoring in the small amount of medication that also has to fit in the capsules. Weighing your total weekly doses as one dose would make any inconsistencies in the scale basically inconsequential. Have a look and see what you think!

https://benzodrytapermath.com/

Hi Winters Sun,

❤️

Hey CKing56, I would continue using the average weight you were using before. Did we already establish you're using the Accord 0.5 mg tabs (orange)? Those and the yellow Tevas have an average weight of .170 g. Just last night I had a couple that weighed .164 g and one that weighed .180 g. I stick with the average and assume they all weigh .170 grams. If you do the same, you should do all right.

Hi Winters Sun and hereforhelp,

Thank you, both for your support and insights. They mean a lot as I’m out here floundering. 🐟

Winters Sun, I read and started watching the capsule method, but I’m challenged enough. I can see how it works, but it made me anxious. I’m very right brained. I know it’s here for future use, but I think I’m going to stick to the direct taper method for now.

hereforhelp, Yes, I believe I have the orange 0.5mg Accord brand. Mine are weighing between 0.167 and 0.170g or a bit more. I’m trying to use a combination of one 0.5mg + 0.25mg + whatever gets me to 0.298g for current dose. Sometimes it’s 0.298 sometimes 0.300, but I hope it’s close enough since I’m holding for a month right now. The pill cutter doesn’t split the 0.5mgs perfectly and I’m wondering if it’s best to shave from the 2nd 0.5mg pill to get to the desired weight. I just don’t want to be left with a ton of powder down the road as I make more cuts. Filing the smaller bits takes forever. I suppose I’ll get used to it.

I realize my weights may never be perfect. My house has 20” wide pine floors, not level, which affects every piece of furniture. I’m being very careful to not touch table while measuring and to use the Tare function as needed. I calibrated twice during measure and I’ll do it each week. I just measured out the next 7 days and fingers crossed. None were the perfect weight, but very close. 😵‍💫

Last night was the first night I felt status quo after a very stressful day. I’m hoping this week goes well and then I’ll decide on another 5% cut.

I’m trying to stay away from any more scary symptom stories or add any of my own. I’m too impressionable right now and I don’t want to get any more discouraged than I already am. I am very, very grateful for everyone’s help, as a lot of us are muddling through on our own without much help from the medical profession. Disgusting.

Please have a merry holiday. Calm and bright.

❤️

C

I appreciate all the input. Mostly very depressing and overwhelming I’m afraid. Can’t say I have a life to look forward to after benzodiazepines. My husband has become totally unresponsive and I expect my life from here is alone. No need to worry about additional degradation on the drugs so I don’t plan to taper. If the doctor opts to restrict the X then I will cross a bridge to the unknown at that point. Thanks to you all for your attempts to help.  I do appreciate it.

I’m very sorry to hear about the state of your marriage, you sound so discouraged.  I know all of this is overwhelming but there is a way out and we’re here for you anytime you need us.  Thousands have been able to free themselves from these drugs and you can too but the proper state of mind is imperative but dealing with marriage problems can throw a wrench into that.

LadyLiberty,

I’m so sorry for your frustration and dismay. I’m single, living on my own, 66 with another underlying health condition, plus lifelong severe food allergies (anaphylaxis), so I get feeling quite alone. I’ve heard many people say that their partners are not supportive, but often it’s because they feel they can’t help and are frustrated too. I don’t know your situation, but I hope you can work to get to better ground. I know it’s not easy. It will be someday.

I do encourage you to continue to try the taper when you feel more stable. Medically, I have to come off the clonopin, so I don’t really have a choice. It’s scary to read too many extreme withdrawal symptom stories. DON’T! I’m trying to avoid anything not in the Ashton Manual (scary enough). The people that wean more easily don’t post to groups like this, so you won’t find much of that here, but you will find support, as I have and yes, many success stories. Like me, patience takes a lot of practice and dealing with those horrendous pill inconsistencies is frustrating, but I’m just going to give up on the perfectionism and do the best I can following the guidance of others on here who have been at it longer.

I’m sending you care and knowing you can do it. There absolutely IS a life worth living after benzos. ABSOLUTELY!

❤️

CKing

Hi All,

I’ve managed to cut approx 15% of the 1mg ClonazePam in 30 days and I’m thinking of cutting another 5 or 10% for February 2023. The 15% was a mistake in math. I didn’t intend to go so quickly, but here I am. I truly don’t know exactly how much I was taking until I got a scale. I’m just wondering if the daily doses must be exact? I’m still having a difficult time getting my scale to be stable. I’ve followed all of your excellent suggestions. Just the nature of my house, air, pills, scale, etc. I’m weighing each week’s doses at the same time after calibration (quite a few times!). Still, can’t get exact weights to match.

Question: Is it very important to get the daily doses exact? Example: 0.270g, 0.265g, 0.263g). I’m trying to get 0.267g for a month. I truly don’t wish to become a pharmacist, but hearing/reading how measurements must be exact.  :'(

Thanks and Happy Tapering!

Thanks for your encouragement CKing56. It’s definitely a plan to avoid the horror stories. Mine is horror enough. I’m getting hyped to do this. Scared. A little concerned about the math even though I’m an accountant. But I have BenzoBrains. What do you do with a water taper when you are tossing out more than half or 3/4 or 90%?  Seems silly but no one ever talks about it. And of course there’s all the symptoms I have. Especially at 3 a.m. and no ability to go back to sleep. Anyway. Tense afternoon. Just not sure how to get on.

Hi All,

I’ve managed to cut approx 15% of the 1mg ClonazePam in 30 days and I’m thinking of cutting another 5 or 10% for February 2023. The 15% was a mistake in math. I didn’t intend to go so quickly, but here I am. I truly don’t know exactly how much I was taking until I got a scale. I’m just wondering if the daily doses must be exact? I’m still having a difficult time getting my scale to be stable. I’ve followed all of your excellent suggestions. Just the nature of my house, air, pills, scale, etc. I’m weighing each week’s doses at the same time after calibration (quite a few times!). Still, can’t get exact weights to match.

Question: Is it very important to get the daily doses exact? Example: 0.270g, 0.265g, 0.263g). I’m trying to get 0.267g for a month. I truly don’t wish to become a pharmacist, but hearing/reading how measurements must be exact.  :'(

Thanks and Happy Tapering!

Hi CKing56

I usually weigh each of my doses 3 times before trusting the weight. If it’s slightly off each time, I may calibrate the scales again and run through the weighing process again. I don’t get stressed about it, I’m just being as careful as I can, and the most important thing I find is to make sure your scale settles back to 0.000 each time you remove your dose from the plastic cup. I use two plastic cups - one to weigh the dose and another to tip the dose into so I can put the empty plastic cup back on to the scales to see if the scales return to 0.000, then, if it does, I tip the dose from the extra cup back into the plastic tic cup on the scales to weigh again. I’m weighing valium, so I find my dose weights don’t have to be as exact as they would have to be dosing a benzo 20 times more potent than the Valium, like klonopin. So you do need to keep your dose weights as even as possible. With Valium, I’m happy if the doses are within about 0.003 of each other, but I would try and be more exact if I were dosing klonopin.

I had trouble understanding the math with the method Bob7 provides on his webpage, but I figured that although I couldn’t use the math to do a DMT, I found that I could (if needed) use the method doing a cut and hold. Because each of your doses are the same over a period of holding, you could calculate and then weigh your entire weekly or fortnightly doses as one to get the total weight, then crush the tablets like Bob7, then mostly fill the capsules with filler. If you were dosing twice a day, you would be taking 28 capsules per fortnight, so you would almost fill 28 capsules with filler, leaving enough room for your dose in each one, then tip the filler contents from each of those capsules into one pile to be weighed, then once weighed and the total noted for future reference, you would thoroughly mix the total fortnightly crushed klonopin doses with the filler and calculate 28 equal doses for the fortnight. This would make the need for an exact equal weight with each pill less necessary because of the much higher weight with the filler added. You could get away with those slight inconsistencies of up to 0.003 in the scale weights of each pill. This may sound complicated to you as well, but it’s just something I thought of as a possibility for myself if I had decided at one stage to cross back to klonopin. I also know and trust that if I needed help with calculating those 28 equal doses from the total mixture and filler, there are those here on BB who would happily help with that calculation. This is not a tried and tested method, but it made sense to me that it could be done quite easily, and would become second nature. However, if it does still sound too confusing for you at the moment, I would advise you to avoid the added stress.

Thanks for the reply, Winters Sun! I was concerned about getting the exact dose because of the potency of ClonazePam, but secretly hoping it wasn’t a huge deal. I weight each dose about 4 times while setting up for the week. Still not great. I use the tweezers, but I might try your 2nd cup method. Good idea!

I’m going to continue to try the direct cut and hold until my dose gets tiny and maybe purchase another scale if I’m the inconsistencies continue. I find the addition of filler to be daunting, plus I have a ton of serious allergies. I hate to add new stuff. It’s good to know there’s info on how to switch and thank you for providing! I wish I wasn’t in such a potent med with ridiculous sized pills, but I guess others have managed.

Be well!

Thanks for your encouragement CKing56. It’s definitely a plan to avoid the horror stories. Mine is horror enough. I’m getting hyped to do this. Scared. A little concerned about the math even though I’m an accountant. But I have BenzoBrains. What do you do with a water taper when you are tossing out more than half or 3/4 or 90%?  Seems silly but no one ever talks about it. And of course there’s all the symptoms I have. Especially at 3 a.m. and no ability to go back to sleep. Anyway. Tense afternoon. Just not sure how to get on.

Hi LadyLiberty,

I think we’re all hyped and scared at the same time when starting out. Pretty normal. It sounds like you’re thinking about doing a liquid taper. I’m sorry, but I don’t have any experience with this. I only started researching tapering 2 months ago and I’m not comfortable using The Ashton Manual switch over, so it’ll be tiny cuts for me until they become impossible. Did you check Ashton for liquid tapers?

I saw that Colin, who I believe is an admin or a moderator, has experience in liquid tapers. I have no idea how to link his post here, but I’ll quote it and hope it helps you. I think you could search under water or liquid and perhaps find a better place for that info. I do recall seeing that it’s best not to store for too long as it loses its potency, but I really don’t know for sure.

Like you, I want to rush, but I’m listening to my gut and it says SLOW. Touch back if and when you decide to try the liquid tapering. I may have to go that route down the road. Hopefully, not. I want simple.

………………….

Colin

Re: Titrate?

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 10:49:32 pm »

Hi Tiff,

Just make up 100ml of liquid, but only drink the amount indicated by the schedule.

People usually dispose of the amount of liquid that is unsued; a new batch is made up each day. You can carry over liquid if you like, but for simplicity (and to avoid mistakes), I recommend that you make up a fresh batch each day.

Remember, your daily dose can be split up in to two or more smaller doses to take over the day.

………….

4.5mg of Clonazepam for 4 years + 6 month direct taper. Benzo free since 31st Jan 2003.

About me and my role on the BenzoBuddies Team.

Please read this message before sending me a PM.

Restating the BB Mission”

…………………..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I replied to another thread in the clonopin group, but was told I should post here, so I’m adding. I’m basically still confused as to what my actual dosage is in milligrams and if it really even matters.

………….

I started a taper off 1mg clonopin (ClonazePam) (in am) Dec. 1. 2022. First cut at .25 mg (Dr prescribed) was too much so quickly restarted and visually cut approx. 1/4 - 1/3 of 0.25 tablet and held for one month. Finally got a scale, which is ridiculously sensitive and inconsistent, but I’m told it’s the way to go. I’m not ready for a liquid taper yet. I had cut between 5% and 12% since Jan. 1. 2023. I want to go faster, but I’m listening to my symptoms, which tend to hit 5 days into cut. Not terrible at 5% cuts so far. 10% is not great, but bearable.

My last cut was at three weeks instead of one month. I’m going to try this if I’m staying at 5% cuts.

My problem is I have no real idea what my dose is according to the jewelry scale. I’ve set it on “g”, which is for grams, but I’m always off by the third digit to the right of the decimal point. I just hope it’s okay for the dose to not be exact down to the tiniest bit at this high dose. I’m sure it’ll matter once I get much lower. (Patience arrrrggggg).

Any thoughts from those cutting/shaving their pills and weighing? My mind is very visual.

Thanks and good luck to all of us.

C

Hi all,

I replied to another thread in the clonopin group, but was told I should post here, so I’m adding. I’m basically still confused as to what my actual dosage is in milligrams and if it really even matters.

………….

I started a taper off 1mg clonopin (ClonazePam) (in am) Dec. 1. 2022. First cut at .25 mg (Dr prescribed) was too much so quickly restarted and visually cut approx. 1/4 - 1/3 of 0.25 tablet and held for one month. Finally got a scale, which is ridiculously sensitive and inconsistent, but I’m told it’s the way to go. I’m not ready for a liquid taper yet. I had cut between 5% and 12% since Jan. 1. 2023. I want to go faster, but I’m listening to my symptoms, which tend to hit 5 days into cut. Not terrible at 5% cuts so far. 10% is not great, but bearable.

My last cut was at three weeks instead of one month. I’m going to try this if I’m staying at 5% cuts.

My problem is I have no real idea what my dose is according to the jewelry scale. I’ve set it on “g”, which is for grams, but I’m always off by the third digit to the right of the decimal point. I just hope it’s okay for the dose to not be exact down to the tiniest bit at this high dose. I’m sure it’ll matter once I get much lower. (Patience arrrrggggg).

Any thoughts from those cutting/shaving their pills and weighing? My mind is very visual.

Thanks and good luck to all of us.

C

I haven’t been over this entire thread to see what we’ve discussed, but I would just ask if you are recalculating that 5% again from remaining dose before each next cut?

Yes… please be patient.

Just be extra careful when weighing. Do each dose a few times, and make sure you look to see that your scale returns to 0.000 once you’ve removed the dose and put the weighing cup back on the scale. If it’s not, reweigh it again. I use two tiny plastic cups. Once I weigh my dose in one, I tip it into the other cup next to the scale and then return the empty cup to the scale to see if it settles back to 0.000, and then tip the dose from the other cup back into the cup on the scale to see if I get the same dose weight. I go through this several times. But always check that your scale settles back to 0.000 with the empty cup on it before moving on to your next dose. If it doesn’t return to 0.000, then you’ll have to ether recalibrate or hit TARE before reweighing that dose and moving on. There will be slight inconsistencies, but you you want to avoid any major mistakes in the weighing process.  :thumbsup:

Hi WS!

Yes, you did talk about this previously. I check the weights at least 4 times when setting up for the week. I do make sure to TARE out or recalibrate during if I feel it’s just way off, but I never, ever get the exact same weight. The last digit is usually +- 1 or 2. It’s so frustrating. I try to be very still and make sure no fans or air is circulating. For now, I’m going to have to just accept that I’m going to be a bit off. Even the full intact 0.5 mg pills weights are all off a bit, so I’m sure my dosing has been off for years. Hmmmmmmmm.

I know clonopin is a powerful drug for its milligram dosage, but was just trying to figure out sort of where I actually am weight wise as compared to the dose size in mgs. I can “see” that I’m taking this combo right now: 0.5mg + 0.25mg + 1/3 to 1/4 of 0.25mg. This probably doesn’t matter in the big scheme of things. I’m just wanting to get to seeing that major 0.25 mg cut. I know. I know. Patience, but I’m not young and my severe Covid risk is very high so without Paxlovid (strongly contraindicated with Clonopin and most other benzos) I feel like I’m constantly risking my life. Of course, if there was no Covid or contraindications I’d be in a much better position to go much more slowly.

Thanks for checking in. I was really hoping being a bit off would be okay. Looks like liquid down the road.

Cheers!

C

Hi WS!

Yes, you did talk about this previously. I check the weights at least 4 times when setting up for the week. I do make sure to TARE out or recalibrate during if I feel it’s just way off, but I never, ever get the exact same weight. The last digit is usually +- 1 or 2. It’s so frustrating. I try to be very still and make sure no fans or air is circulating. For now, I’m going to have to just accept that I’m going to be a bit off. Even the full intact 0.5 mg pills weights are all off a bit, so I’m sure my dosing has been off for years. Hmmmmmmmm.

I know clonopin is a powerful drug for its milligram dosage, but was just trying to figure out sort of where I actually am weight wise as compared to the dose size in mgs. I can “see” that I’m taking this combo right now: 0.5mg + 0.25mg + 1/3 to 1/4 of 0.25mg. This probably doesn’t matter in the big scheme of things. I’m just wanting to get to seeing that major 0.25 mg cut. I know. I know. Patience, but I’m not young and my severe Covid risk is very high so without Paxlovid (strongly contraindicated with Clonopin and most other benzos) I feel like I’m constantly risking my life. Of course, if there was no Covid or contraindications I’d be in a much better position to go much more slowly.

Thanks for checking in. I was really hoping being a bit off would be okay. Looks like liquid down the road.

Cheers!

C

Hi CKing56

I’m not sure why you would be having all these fluctuations in weights. My scales are quite stabile most of the time. Have you tried weighing with  a 5 cent piece on the scale so it’s not weighing at the lowest end of its range? I don’t want you to waste money, but there has to be a reason why it’s doing this… either it’s faulty or there’s something external to the device causing these fluctuations. Did you buy the GEM20 or the Smart Weigh? Either one should be fine, but if there’s something wrong with the scale and it’s causing both stress and a taper issues, I’m wondering if it may be wotth it to you to buy the opposite scale to the one you have now. I’m not calculating the decrease in Active pharmaceutical Ingredient at all, so when I update my signature, it’s just a guess based on the scale weight of my doses. If my 2mg tablet weighs 0.172g, and I get down to a scale weight of 0.043g (1/4 of 0.172), then I know I’m down to 0.5mg of API. I just don’t focus on the API because I have little interest in knowing the ‘exact’ dose I’m at. I have no idea when my taper will finish because setting finish dates only caused more suffering through tapering too fast. I do need to overhaul my signature though, so it’s more accurate as to how I’m tapering at 5% every 14-18 days. It’s important to remember that you will also have the recovery phases to go through once you’re off the drug, and tapering slowly allows your brain the time to make its adjustments on the way down and minimises the potential of a severe acute withdrawal phase and recovery once you’ve jumped. I understand your reasons and need to get off the medication, moojoo, but also wouldn’t want to see you suffer terribly through a fast taper.

Oh, in regard to your whole tablets fluctuating in weight… did you mean the same tablet weighs differently each time you put it on the scale, or did you mean that each of your tablets is a different weight (which would be completely normal)?

Hi WS!

Cheers!

C

Hi CKing56

I’m not sure why you would be having all these fluctuations in weights. My scales are quite stabile most of the time. Have you tried weighing with  a 5 cent piece on the scale so it’s not weighing at the lowest end of its range? I don’t want you to waste money, but there has to be a reason why it’s doing this… either it’s faulty or there’s something external to the device causing these fluctuations. Did you buy the GEM20 or the Smart Weigh? Either one should be fine, but if there’s something wrong with the scale and it’s causing both stress and a taper issues, I’m wondering if it may be wotth it to you to buy the opposite scale to the one you have now. I’m not calculating the decrease in Active pharmaceutical Ingredient at all, so when I update my signature, it’s just a guess based on the scale weight of my doses. If my 2mg tablet weighs 0.172g, and I get down to a scale weight of 0.043g (1/4 of 0.172), then I know I’m down to 0.5mg of API. I just don’t focus on the API because I have little interest in knowing the ‘exact’ dose I’m at. I have no idea when my taper will finish because setting finish dates only caused more suffering through tapering too fast. I do need to overhaul my signature though, so it’s more accurate as to how I’m tapering at 5% every 14-18 days. It’s important to remember that you will also have the recovery phases to go through once you’re off the drug, and tapering slowly allows your brain the time to make its adjustments on the way down and minimises the potential of a severe acute withdrawal phase and recovery once you’ve jumped. I understand your reasons and need to get off the medication, moojoo, but also wouldn’t want to see you suffer terribly through a fast taper.

Oh, in regard to your whole tablets fluctuating in weight… did you mean the same tablet weighs differently each time you put it on the scale, or did you mean that each of your tablets is a different weight (which would be completely normal)?

Hi MS!

Thank you for responding! I bought the Smart Weigh and I do use the nickel as you’d earlier suggested. Also new batteries. I may just have a bum scale or it’s something about my house. I’ll try a different room and buy the Gemini if that fails.

The API makes a bit more sense now. Thanks for that. I have quite a ways to go to get to half my dose. And yes, the uncut pills are always different weights each time I weigh them when setting up the weekly doses. They are usually between 0.163 and 0.167, so it could be the scale.

I am cutting between 5% and 7% from the last dose, not the original dose. I somehow got that right. I’m holding between 4 and 3 weeks and letting the symptoms guide me. I know I’m not going to go too fast, but I struggle looking at the long road ahead. I keep hoping I’ll be one of the lucky ones since I’ve come off ADs very quickly and easily, but really, it seems benzodiazepines are the worst. Ugh.

No worries for me on your taper schedule. We’re on different meds, but it might help someone on the same.

Thanks again! I’ve got the Gemini scale in my Amazon cart.  :o

Hi CKing, sorry I called you moojoo, I’m getting my threads mixed up. It happens, damn benzo brain!  :laugh:

I’m glad the API makes a bit more sense and you see you can make a rough calculation of your API based on the remaining weight of your tablet.

Just to clarify… each tablet will differ in weight from the next. The average weight of one of my tablets is 0.172, but I’ve had tablets weigh up as high as 0.179 and as low as 0.158, so they can be quite inconsistent. It’s best to stick to dosing tablets weighing within a very close range of each other if possible.

I hope it was just a faulty scale and you find the GEM20 finally fixes your fluctuation issues.

Hi MS,

I thought moojoo was the drugs. HA! More like voodoo.

I tried weighing in another room and it was just as bad. I looked at the Gem20 scale and it seems to be made by the same company as the one I have now. I think it’s almost impossible to get a perfect weight every time. At least from the reviews of people weighing meds. I could be doomed until I can afford/find a compounding pharmacy around here. It would make me feel better knowing one thing is certain in my day. GAAAAAAAAA! I’m still wondering if it’s my crooked, drafty old house, which cannot be fixed.

What I have:

Smart Weigh 50g x 0.001 Grams, Premium High Precision Digital Milligram Scale, Includes Tweezers, Calibration Weights ,Three Weighing Pans and Case

What I could replace old scale with:

AWS - Gemini 20 - Portable Precision Digital Milligram Scale 20g x 0.001g (Silver)

Both seem to have the same issues.

Thanks for your concern. I’m going to hold for a full month instead of 3 weeks.

I hope you are having a nice warm day! Freezing here!

:-[

Hi MS,

I thought moojoo was the drugs. HA! More like voodoo.

I tried weighing in another room and it was just as bad. I looked at the Gem20 scale and it seems to be made by the same company as the one I have now. I think it’s almost impossible to get a perfect weight every time. At least from the reviews of people weighing meds. I could be doomed until I can afford/find a compounding pharmacy around here. It would make me feel better knowing one thing is certain in my day. GAAAAAAAAA! I’m still wondering if it’s my crooked, drafty old house, which cannot be fixed.

What I have:

Smart Weigh 50g x 0.001 Grams, Premium High Precision Digital Milligram Scale, Includes Tweezers, Calibration Weights ,Three Weighing Pans and Case

What I could replace old scale with:

AWS - Gemini 20 - Portable Precision Digital Milligram Scale 20g x 0.001g (Silver)

Both seem to have the same issues.

Thanks for your concern. I’m going to hold for a full month instead of 3 weeks.

I hope you are having a nice warm day! Freezing here!

:-[

I have the Smart Weigh (same as you), but I have little problem working around slight inconsistencies, however, I am tapering Valium, so inconsistencies would be less problematic than tapering a considerably more potent benzo, but still, many do taper those more potent benzo’s with these scales, so I’m thinking your scale is either faulty or it’s the draft in your house. I can get the same weight 3 times in a row most of the time, and if the starting weight 0.000 fluctuates up or down, I often just hit TARE again. Have you tried weighing with them at a friend or family members house to see if it makes a difference?

Winters Sun,

I do hit tare a lot and recalibrate every time. It didn’t work in any room in my house so I might have to try another. I’m just afraid it is my house and I’ll never get a good reading. I’m not going into other houses, so I haven’t been able to check on that.

:(

Winters Sun,

I do hit tare a lot and recalibrate every time. It didn’t work in any room in my house so I might have to try another. I’m just afraid it is my house and I’ll never get a good reading. I’m not going into other houses, so I haven’t been able to check on that.

:(

The only thing I can think of is to possibly cut the bottom out of a decent size (highish sides) box to shield the scale from draft whilst weighing, and if still fluctuates badly, I’d say you were unlucky and got a faulty scale. It shouldn’t play up as bad as what you’re describing.

Hi Morning Sun,

Good thinking, but it didn’t work. I’m going to see about a plan for a water taper. This is stressing me out too much. I’m not sure if today’s new anxiety is due to weighing my dose 20 times and never getting a consistent weight or from the last cut overall. I’ve noticed that even after calibrating and passing, the 20 gram weights never reweigh at the correct weight. Always around 19.985 each. One could go mad. Well, more mad. GAAAAAA! Very stressed today. Thanks for trying. I do appreciate not feeling so alone in this.

❤️

C

Hi Morning Sun,

Good thinking, but it didn’t work. I’m going to see about a plan for a water taper. This is stressing me out too much. I’m not sure if today’s new anxiety is due to weighing my dose 20 times and never getting a consistent weight or from the last cut overall. I’ve noticed that even after calibrating and passing, the 20 gram weights never reweigh at the correct weight. Always around 19.985 each. One could go mad. Well, more mad. GAAAAAA! Very stressed today. Thanks for trying. I do appreciate not feeling so alone in this.

❤️

C

I haven’t been back through this thread, so I’m not sure if we shared this link for a water taper with you, so here it is.

If we haven’t discussed this option, then just know that there can be potential issues relating to not being able to recalculate doses at 5%. You would basically be removing the same amount (an extra 1ml) from your mixture each day, second day, third day…etc, depending on how often you wanted to reduce. You can also add double the water if you wanted to go slower, but your reduction percentage would still be increasing slightly with each cut, but it could give you a way forward for now. Just keep in mind that it’s a different delivery system and the switch can sometimes feel like a reduction at first, so you would be best holding on your normal dose in liquid form for a week or so before beginning your taper, as this will give your body time to acclimate to the new delivery system. Watch the video (if you haven’t already) and we can talk further.