Cold turkey support group

[Fo...]

No problems

Are you OK now ( with the dysphagia ) ?

I was wondering, do you sometimes have good experiences related to the withdrawals ? Even if it's mainly physical and mental pain, sometimes I am amazed by some "things" in all this mess in my head. Positive things.

But yeah, suffering a lot right now. 12 days off. Seems like an eternity. Still a long way to go. It's good for my body at least. I hope.

Still having it. Saw nuero today, ugh. Doctors all the time. It's just so hard to think it's related , I don't think it is. It's like my tongue stopped working and became hard to swallow but as if there was missing nerves. Not really positive, I guess it has made me less able to be untrue. I'm basically like a bleeding truth all the time, the emotions have been alot. You are early but it's good you're seeing positive aspects.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fo...]

• [...]

• [Bl...]

• [le...]

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of mixed feelings/symptoms today. Cravings are still strong.

Hard to do sports, but I continue to force myself. I do less ... At least I try.

It's hard  :-[

A lot of mixed feelings/symptoms today. Cravings are still strong.

Hard to do sports, but I continue to force myself. I do less ... At least I try.

It's hard  :-[

I know how you feel, it's hard for me still too. =[. 😞

Day 5 cold turkey for me after getting floxed and forcing a cold turkey off diazepam.  I have an everyday morning storm that I dread like clockwork.  I know hell is gonna happen and I have no control.  It started during my taper and before I came to benzo buddies.  I had no idea this thing inside me existed until tapering.  Updosing made it worse then I got floxed by antibiotics. 

I’m here to support my fellow cold turkey buddies. 

Day 5 cold turkey for me after getting floxed and forcing a cold turkey off diazepam.  I have an everyday morning storm that I dread like clockwork.  I know hell is gonna happen and I have no control.  It started during my taper and before I came to benzo buddies.  I had no idea this thing inside me existed until tapering.  Updosing made it worse then I got floxed by antibiotics. 

I can kinda relate but I kindled on Buspar after stopping lexapro, oddly my reaction was like being floxxed, as I'm told by many people on pharm injury page, major joint pain and a bunch of other awful stuff.  Sorry for your suffering.  =/

Hi,

I also have "an everyday morning storm". This morning, the storm was so intense, but it's getting better. To see people seems to help.

Going to try to do longline today, a friend I had to motivate a lot last year, is now motivated, so now he's trying to motivate me. Life is nice sometimes. Even with withdrawals. But I only have three hours to eat, take a shower. Gonna be hard. Going to listen to some music, should help.

Let us know how you feel, and be strong, it's good not to be on benzos. Even if it looks like hell sometimes.

Leam and Foxclover6 hope your having a good day. 

Leam I have to force myself to have more people interactions and get out of the house.  The cravings do come but I know that pill will not change my life much.  It will probably make me sicker.  It takes my body and mind so much of the day to repair the damage from my daily storm. 

Is the pharm injury page here on Benzo Buddies.

Here is to another day of healing, support, and cheering each other on.

Thanks Blackwater.

Today was a hard day. But amazing one too.

I feel so ... Mad ? Like on different drugs all day long. And the muscles, too much pain.

My memory is a total mess. Having manias too. Cannot even speak correctly sometimes.

I tried a beer again, and still cannot drink. I hope I'll get used not to drink alcohol anymore.

@ FoxClover6 -> How was Buspar ? What does "floxxed" mean ?

Have a nice evening

Floxed involves antibiotics fluoroquinolones that bind to the same receptors.  They throw your benzo out and strip it like cold turkey in a way.  Leam hope your muscles had a good day.  I can understand about the memory.  Hang in there as we can hope for healings.

Hey L and BW, bad day for me. Been a week of lost ability to use my tongue and swallow properly,  it was really bad at first,  had to push my chin down to swallow at all.  No idea if it's related but I don't see how not at this point.  Went to neuro,  hard to fight thoughts of serious illness, just exhausting. Anxiety,  depression,  manic thoughts,  the thoughts get so broken and the talking becomes like jibberish. I have major issues with thinking lately,  it's just broken and demented, then I'll have a window at night.  Often I don't believe I'm still broken from the meds,  my doctors say no of course.  I find it funny my primary will openly admit,  only ct withdrawl from benzos and alcohol can kill you,  but,  the wd from them is less than a week, and that is not an understated time frame by me,  he says,  3 days...even after years of use.  So, the wd can kill you outright,  but.... the symptoms of the wd only last less than a week.....

How is that logical in any way?

Foxclover hope your symptoms improve.  The swallowing issue sounds so scary and hope it heals.  The windows seem open for me more at night and go down closer o daylight.  I hope to get enough strength to go out more in daytime to doctors.  My symptoms are at their worst every morning.  Wthdrawal is hell.  Hang in there

Hi everyone,

Getting exhausted with the withdrawals. Everyday it's improving a bit, but the restlessness in my body isn't getting better. Doctor suggested beta-blockers. It may be a good idea. But I need an ECG first, and nobody could do that yesterday/today ... Have to wait until tomorrow.

Memory is affected a lot ( took me 5 minutes to find the word "beta-blokers" ). Concentration is bad too. Having some kind of social anxiety too. Cravings are high.

I just wish my nauseau would go away with the insomna.  I’m having trouble eating and anxiety is ripping me up.  Hope you all had a good day.  My windows are so short.

I just wish my nauseau would go away with the insomna.  I’m having trouble eating and anxiety is ripping me up.  Hope you all had a good day.  My windows are so short.

Hope you are feeling better.

4 days ago I was like : "I'am feeling well, everything is going to be fine".

Yesterday and today -> Feeling hopeless, anxiety non stop, tremors, paranoia, hard to do anything, concentration / memory destroyed, almost fainting.

I couldn't go get my prescription for beta-blockers ( was feeling too bad to move ), going to have to wait monday, don't know how I am going to survive. So frustrated.

:-[

Hi everyone,

Getting exhausted with the withdrawals. Everyday it's improving a bit, but the restlessness in my body isn't getting better. Doctor suggested beta-blockers. It may be a good idea. But I need an ECG first, and nobody could do that yesterday/today ... Have to wait until tomorrow.

Memory is affected a lot ( took me 5 minutes to find the word "beta-blokers" ). Concentration is bad too. Having some kind of social anxiety too. Cravings are high.

Not funny but made me laugh cause I get it,my memory is trashed. It took me 30 minutes to remember the abbreviated "pvc" . Sorry. I am sick of it too. Ihave a beta blocker but didn't take it and I had extreme heart racing...still do just not multiple times a day now. It can help and helps many during wd.

Hi everyone,

Not funny but made me laugh cause I get it,my memory is trashed. It took me 30 minutes to remember the abbreviated "pvc" . Sorry. I am sick of it too. Ihave a beta blocker but didn't take it and I had extreme heart racing...still do just not multiple times a day now. It can help and helps many during wd.

No need to be sorry ^^

To be honest, I am a bit scared about my memory being that bad at the moment. Positive : long-term memory seems to be ok.

Did your memory improve with time ?

Thank you for the answers, and what you share. It helps me sometimes. I feel less alone, understood ? It's hard to find appropriate support in real life. A lot of people just don't understand.

Have a good day / night

Hi everyone,

No need to be sorry ^^

To be honest, I am a bit scared about my memory being that bad at the moment. Positive : long-term memory seems to be ok.

Did your memory improve with time ?

Thank you for the answers, and what you share. It helps me sometimes. I feel less alone, understood ? It's hard to find appropriate support in real life. A lot of people just don't understand.

Have a good day / night

My short term memory is still kind of whacky but it's not worse at least. Always nice to have someone to realte to, I also feel alone alot and like no on understands, so I get how you feel. It's really lonely honestly and even around people you just feel something sinister that isn't explainable. Hope you're having a good night, I just started taking taurine and glycine and am hoping it helps me some to be more calm.

Beta blocker helps me a lot and a change of scenery can help with racing heart.  Short term memory is awful sometimes and use sticky notes.  Anxiety and panic attacks really weigh me down sometime.  I wanna fix 30 problems at one time.  I also get what i called blown mine syndrome as my problems get bigger then my brain.  The lack of a supporting family is rough.  You expect a call or love but get a text or scolded for ever becoming a benzo user.  It can make you feel like scum.  Hang in there everybody it will get better.  Life is full of struggles we can heal and learn to have fun again.

Beta blocker helps me a lot and a change of scenery can help with racing heart.  Short term memory is awful sometimes and use sticky notes.  Anxiety and panic attacks really weigh me down sometime.  I wanna fix 30 problems at one time.  I also get what i called blown mine syndrome as my problems get bigger then my brain.  The lack of a supporting family is rough.  You expect a call or love but get a text or scolded for ever becoming a benzo user.  It can make you feel like scum.  Hang in there everybody it will get better.  Life is full of struggles we can heal and learn to have fun again.

I wouldn't let anyone make me feel bad,  I took them for panic which is debilitating,  don't let anyone shame you no matter what or why you took them,  people are all flawed and don't have a right to judge you

The weekend wasn't that bad. Feeling a bit better everyday. Propranolol seems to help. Video games too ( some stories are beautiful ). Managed to play some music. And 1 week without alcohol.

:)

Congrats Liam on no alcohol.  I had an experience today that showed me wow it’s all in my brain.  Instantly head tightness, ear ringing, heart increase, dizziness, throat tightening, and temp change etc…..  I hope their comes a time in my life where a good or bad experience doesn’t set symptoms off at such a fierce rate.  Distractions are good and so far i find new ones i can tolerate.  It’s like The funny thing was the trigger was not bad but it produced the symptoms. 

Anyone actually get windows after a CT? I just seem to cycle through. Get a few hours here and there when I think I'm doing well, then just back to the same shit. I suppose those moments are windows?

Anyone actually get windows after a CT? I just seem to cycle through. Get a few hours here and there when I think I'm doing well, then just back to the same shit. I suppose those moments are windows?

I feel like you, I get them but it's hard to even recognize it since it comes back on full force and I fly into symptoms like acute

My doctor prescribed lexapro a month ago. I felt nothing. But that's been a large part of my problem. I feel so distant and sad. Not taking it. Just melatonin at night which has helped some. 5 hours sleep last night. This is an improvement. The first two weeks I didn't sleep at all. Stay strong everyone. :)