So much Suffering

[Pe...]

How will I do this? I am just 32.2% off my clonazepam. I am doing a slow taper, but the cuts are so painful. The pain is a pain I didn’t even know existed. I am not myself at all. I am just some suffering stranger. And so tired of suffering. I have been depressed 3 other times in my life, which wasn’t fun, but nothing like this.

I get up around the same time every day (7:30) and go to bed about 10:00. Can go to sleep most nights, but 2-3 nights a week wake up early (12:30- 4:30) and then don’t get back to sleep. When really distressed, I have a cold shower or swim

in the ocean. Although I have lost too much weight I eat a very nutritious diet- a lot of times force feeding myself. I have a very supportive family and friends. A good health care team. No financial concerns. I can read at bed time and usually do a guided meditation at bedtime. I am unable to watch TV or listen to music. Strangely enough, I have one or two days (well often half days) where I actually feel like myself-just ordinary. I get my hopes up, then the horrendous pain comes crashing down. I know there are a lot of positives in there, but this does not feel like a life worth living. I am barely hanging on by my fingernails. It just feels hopeless. Thanks for listening. Any suggestions?

I go for a walk every day, put on my makeup, drive my car to appointments. On the other side, I can barely wash my hair- I usually don’t wash it even once a week. I know it sounds horrible, but it seems like a monumental task. I haven’t made a supper in more than 2 years. My husband does it. Once again, it seems like a huge task. So in some ways I look functional- but it is all robotic. The pain I feel inside is utter anguish. My psychiatrist said getting off of clonazepam is hell. He is right. (He did not prescribe it to me.)

[90...]

Hi Perserverance,

sorry to hear you are struggling so much. In your signature you say you did read the Ashton Manual. From my personal experience, at lower regions of the taper, I cannot bare a 6% reduction. I just did a reduction of about 2% and it might still be too much.

Suggestions: Try smaller cuts Clonazapam or attempt another try to crossover to Diazepam. Personally I would do the latter.

Good luck.

How will I do this? I am just 32.2% off my clonazepam. I am doing a slow taper, but the cuts are so painful. The pain is a pain I didn’t even know existed. I am not myself at all. I am just some suffering stranger. And so tired of suffering. I have been depressed 3 other times in my life, which wasn’t fun, but nothing like this.

I get up around the same time every day (7:30) and go to bed about 10:00. Can go to sleep most nights, but 2-3 nights a week wake up early (12:30- 4:30) and then don’t get back to sleep. When really distressed, I have a cold shower or swim

in the ocean. Although I have lost too much weight I eat a very nutritious diet- a lot of times force feeding myself. I have a very supportive family and friends. A good health care team. No financial concerns. I can read at bed time and usually do a guided meditation at bedtime. I am unable to watch TV or listen to music. Strangely enough, I have one or two days (well often half days) where I actually feel like myself-just ordinary. I get my hopes up, then the horrendous pain comes crashing down. I know there are a lot of positives in there, but this does not feel like a life worth living. I am barely hanging on by my fingernails. It just feels hopeless. Thanks for listening. Any suggestions?

[90...]

If your withdrawal symptoms are too intens than maybe 3% might be too much. If you would taper with 0.01% you would still be tapering. Just a thought.

It’s about 3% every 14 to 16 days. Does that sound too fast? Thanks.