Getting scared

[...]

Hang in there Xray. How high is the blood pressure? 80 BPM is not that elevated for HR. What is your normal heart rate?

I know how Terrible u feel. It’s awful but u will get better x

Are u still taking seroquel to sleep?

I took unisom when I was really desperate. It helped. I still take 1/4 of a tab most nights. X

Hey AB: before this my normal resting heart rate was 55 and my BP was 115/75 now my HR is usually in the upper 80 to low 90 range and my BP is 145/100.

Shayna I no longer take the Seroquel (need to update my sig) I’m trying to rotate amytriptaline and mirtazipine but I think I’m becoming tolerant to antihistamines. Unisom doesn’t even touch this insomnia. But even the others are not working as well any more. I seem to not be dying though so I guess I need to learn how to live like this.

Xray,

Hang in there! I was so scared too! VERY! One day at a time. Your brain and body are stronger than you think. You are recovering even though it is slow.

Shayna and Way,

6 years ago, I was very into the gym and worked out 5 to 6 days per week. Now I am feeling good enough to go back but the climb to get back in shape, I am NOT looking forward to. It feels good to maintain a fit body but getting back to being fit won't be easy. I kick it around every day. I know I will be dragging myself in there for the first 6 months until my body acclimates. I admire you guys!

I am still going HM but not nearly enough to maintain fitness. I have deconditioned so much. I may try going tonight.

Guys I’m lifting heavier than I ever have. It actually suprises me. The gains I’ve made in the last few months I believe are from gym and juicing. Or maybe the buzz I get from gym helps seratonin and all the feel good stuff. I don’t know but I’m gunna stick at it. Pitch black and freezing her in oz. Getting ready for a pump class 💪🏾

Just give it a go guys? What have u got to lose? Honestly it’s not like we don’t have time in our day. We get a few extra hours than everyone else right? 😒

That's awesome Shayna...good for you...keep up the great attitude and work ethic.

I'm heading to the gym too.  Weight lifting and then cardio...I feel so much better after doing both and if you are far enough along in your recovery (where exercise won't mess with your symptoms and sleep) definitely give it a shot.  You're never too old.  I'll be 59 in October and can do circles (most days) around people in the gym half my age. Just sayin.... :thumbsup:

It’s hard to say if it revved things for me, honestly I had terrible nights even on the days I sat around and did no excercise. Now I go every day because I think it helps. Plus it’s a good anchor for my biological clock to get up early and go.

I agree with u the way. I get a kick out of standing next to other people and being able to lift more than them. Especially men. Haha. Feels pretty awesome after what I’ve been thru.

I honestly believe it’s helping my sleep. I was scared to do too much because of what people said here but it didn’t effect me like that. But like most things on here I seem to have the opposite reaction. I totally believe gym and juice got me the rest of the way. Im still taking melatonin and 1/4 of a unisom but I’m going to drop them out soon.

To people that are worried about gym don’t be. Start slow. All I did at first was Pilates, yoga and light weights, a few times a week for like 6 months! When I didn’t go to gym I’d go for walks. Then I gradually added in some body weight classes like barre. Then I went into heavier weights and cardio.

You can do it, and also it just might wear u out to get another couple of hours sleep. Worth a shot I reckon

Thanks for the pep-talk, Shayna! You go! My sleep is much better than this time last year when I tried to go to the gym. I need to just get my azz in there! I am 53 and past menopause. My energy isn't what it was when I used to work out all the time but I know it will come up in time

• 2 weeks later...

I’m coming up on 7 months since my cold turkey off Xanax and my sleep is not getting any better. I’m lucky if I get 4 broken hours a night on average. I’ve been reduced to laying in bed all day due to fatigue. Sleep rules my thoughts day and night. I’m starting to get scared that I’m not going to sleep again. I’m probably gonna lose my job over this because it requires driving all day and I’m in no shape to drive anywhere. This is absolutely the most horrific thing I’ve gone thru. I cannot believe that I ruined my entire life over 2 months of a prescribed drug. I just needed to vent here because nobody in my life understands how bad this is. They don’t understand withdrawal insomnia.

I was on 6mgs of clonazepam and 2mgs of alprazolam for 6 years. What helped me was a beta blocker (propanol 10mg) and doxepin (50mg) for the akathisia. I know it feels like your not getting better but you are. Have you considered going to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting? I go to them even though my medication was prescribed because whether prescription or not I became dependent, and I could describe my pain to them. AA meetings were great too but just an idea. I think theirs an app called Meetings to find AA ones. Alocohol effects the same  receptors so its way more similar than i thought.