My ongoing battle

[Mi...]

I think aiming to start your taper after one month is a sensible time frame. Take it as it comes though, as there is huge variability in how we react to benzos.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [TP...]

• [Je...]

• [Th...]

Today was not as bad as yesterday.  Took 3 mg last night ( I'd taken the 1 mg that morning and was so sick I had to come home).

Also took a magnesium-calcium-zinc supplement last night before bed.  Slept 4 hours but the sweating was not as bad.

Still running fever, chest tightness, anxiety, etc.  Hopefully, this will get built up in my system before too long, then I can start my taper.

Trying to tell myself " Yes, I screwed up.  Yes, there is heck to pay, but I got through this once, I can do it again."

Trying to be positive.

Thanks for the support.

Hi Missy,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am feeling better today. Glad to hear you are a little better today, hope tomorrow is better yet!

Take care!  :smitten:

Terrible withdrawal today.  Could barely function because anxiety through the roof. Tremors, fever, sweats, etc.  Feel like I'm going insane.

Took dose last night, and hour and ha;f later felt terrible.

Hi Missy,

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I wish there was something I could do to help you. Do you think the valium is making you sicker? Hopefully someone will stop by and give you some advice. It still has been only a few days since you re-instated. Maybe you will stabilize soon.

Take care!  :smitten:

Hi Missy!

I know it feels like you are going insane...but you are not.  Withdrawal from benzos is pure hell...but once you are free from this drug...things will start to get better.  Continue on with your tapering perhaps waiting a little longer to stabalize before your next cut.  Hang in there sweetie...I promise it gets better.

Love,

Jen

Terrible withdrawal today.  Could barely function because anxiety through the roof. Tremors, fever, sweats, etc.  Feel like I'm going insane.

Took dose last night, and hour and half later felt terrible.

Yeah, I know. It does feel like we're gong mad, but we're not. It will end sooner or later and you'll almost forget what it was like. I'm sorry. :'(

Yesterday not as bad as day before.  Was able to eat a little.  But today is just as bad as Thursday.

Terrible anxiety, pins and needles, fever, rapid heart rate etc.  I"ve only been on the 4 mg dose 5 days, and it's not helping. Wondering if it will be like this or if it will get better as the valium accumulates in my system before I can start a taper all over again.  Wondering if I am already tolerant to it because of the 3 month alcohol binge.  Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since last drink.

Any ideas?

Hi Missy,

Typically, it takes a few weeks for the Valium to fully build up in your system for a given dose. Give it some more time.

Thank you COli.

Today,  I feel like I'm getting a bladder infection.  Have not had one in years.  I know valium side effects list urinary problems.  Anything I can do for this?  Cranberry juice has lots of sugar, but what about cranberry tablets.  Anyone know?  I may post tis in the withdrawal section as well.

You guys are lifesavers.