anyone else sleep okay? but wake with anxiety......

[30...]

I know it it only does so much but have you guys tried exercising immediately when you get up? I find sometimes it gives me just a little boost. Also helps flush out some of that excess cortisol

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [30...]

• [Hu...]

• [He...]

I know it it only does so much but have you guys tried exercising immediately when you get up? I find sometimes it gives me just a little boost. Also helps flush out some of that excess cortisol

I really bad mornings I immediately get up and cook my meals for the day, do the dishes, etc., hyperventilating the whole time.  But it does help to focus on familiar things and to move my body.

I have not tried that. I work out at about 3 in the afternoon and I always feel better after I exercise so maybe I should try exercising in the morning. Good tip.

HM I am so sorry I'm feeling the same way.  Its horrible!

Hugs❤

Hi Debbie,

I am sorry that you have to deal with it too :(

I wish I could help. I could use a hug right now. I took a Vistaril to, hopefully, help me feel better. I hope we both feel better as the day goes on.

Take Care,

HM

I dont know if the exercise will turn a bad morning into a good one, but in my experience it can kind of sand the rough edges off the morning. Best wishes you guys

Boy, the morning was bad.  I had broken sleep all night and when I woke at 6:30 from a weird dream, I had some of the worst tachycardia and fear.  I'm getting so tired of waking up in dread!

No problem, keep us updated.

Since I've generally improved I seem to have moved on from the 'morning anxiety gets better throughout the day' stage and into a 'less anxious/depressed but it lasts more of the day' stage haha. Its progress overall, not felt AWFUL in 17 days now, but the contrast between morning and evening did kind of give me some relief on my awful days.

No problem, keep us updated.

Since I've generally improved I seem to have moved on from the 'morning anxiety gets better throughout the day' stage and into a 'less anxious/depressed but it lasts more of the day' stage haha. Its progress overall, not felt AWFUL in 17 days now, but the contrast between morning and evening did kind of give me some relief on my awful days.

Good!  That sounds like progress!  That's how my days go when they're bit better: less anxious/depressed but lasts more of the day. 

It sucks I know, you long for the best of both. Reduced anxiety/depression and relief on the evening. But that will come I'm sure. Or better yet, outright GOOD DAYS.

I've had a few of the recently. How I wish for some more hahaha, it feels so cruel when they leave

It sucks I know, you long for the best of both. Reduced anxiety/depression and relief on the evening. But that will come I'm sure. Or better yet, outright GOOD DAYS.

I've had a few of the recently. How I wish for some more hahaha, it feels so cruel when they leave

I know, I think that's one of the most difficult parts of having a brain that's healing from an injury.  The ups and downs can be so hard!  It can be even harder to head into the pit of suffering when you've just experienced relief.

Yeah, cause in your mind you've kind of let the glimmer of hope in, that belief that maybe this is the time you will get better, no more waves. Even if you try and deny it to yourself and say 'don't get carried away here, take it one day at a time' you start getting hopeful and making plans about what you will do if you continue to feel like this or better.

Then when it's taken away, it's disheartening. Even though my waves are much further apart now, and less intense, and the windows are so good, it's just deflating!

Absolutely. Thats why I journal, something I picked up on the advice on my Mam and Sister who have both suffered badly with their mental health (both are doing well now)

Allows me to see how I was on any given day, and not lose perspective. Still, sometimes I wish I'd went into more detail some days. On the bad days, so I could see just HOW bad I was, so that now that my bad days aren't as bad, I can be thankful.

And I wish I'd add more detail on the good days so I could see just how happy they made me.

We will get there Sage!

Sorry to hear that mate. I'd say do try, when you're acute, to do so. Cause there may be times when you're not in acute, but you're still doing 'badly', when you kind of need a reminder to see how far you've come?

Absolutely. Thats why I journal, something I picked up on the advice on my Mam and Sister who have both suffered badly with their mental health (both are doing well now)

Allows me to see how I was on any given day, and not lose perspective. Still, sometimes I wish I'd went into more detail some days. On the bad days, so I could see just HOW bad I was, so that now that my bad days aren't as bad, I can be thankful.

And I wish I'd add more detail on the good days so I could see just how happy they made me.

We will get there Sage!

I hope so.  Today is so, so bad.  I journal too, and for the same reason as you.  I started doing it 10 years ago when I started my taper and I never stopped.