anyone else sleep okay? but wake with anxiety......

[30...]

Aussie I am so sorry you haven't had anymore windows but I know you will.  Hang on to hope!  You are determined to get better you are stronger then you know.  I'm always praying for you.

I've been to urgent care, called my doc and a trip to the ER then had an appointment at the GI doctor yesterday.  I am being treated for an ulcer/gastritis...not sure which because I haven't had any tests.  I'm praying that what they prescribed works it's not a fast fix.

Sending prayers and hugs❤

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [30...]

• [Hu...]

• [He...]

Oh, I’m so sorry Dianedeedee. You’ve been through hell. I hope your doctors are understanding. So hard to know what to eat, what meds to take for gut issues. I stopped the probiotic too, I thought it was giving me more anxiety but now I’m not so sure... I think it’s just how I am at the moment.

Are you planning to have a colonoscopy? Or just trial meds for now? I’m hoping when your ulcer is healed you feel hungry again and can eat something yummy.

😘

diane,

I am sorry as well that you are having such gastric issues ---- I have two friends right now that are dealing with similar things -- it makes a hard withdrawal seem so much more challenging --- please know I am thinking about you and praying you can get some relief

it's nearly 11pm here in Texas -- finally feel like I can eat some frozen blueberries and read for a bit --- and try not to let myself get freaked out that tomorrow morning we all get to wake up to another episode of NAME THAT FUC&^*ED UP SYMPTOM! 

I feel like we are on a horror version of a game show.  TELL THEM WHAT THEY'VE WON, BOB!  WELL, ITS AN ALL EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO THE LOCAL PSYCH HOSPITAL WHERE THEY WILL BE WINED, DINED, GASLIT AND TREATED LIKE AN INMATE!  AND IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH.......A BRAND NEW CAR.....I MEAN PRESCRIPTION.  YES, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ENJOY YOUR TRIP HOME UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF SOME OTHER MED YOU NEVER NEEDED TO BEGIN WITH......ALL OF THIS AND THE ESTIMATED VALUE IS ONLY $9500! 

(people jumping up and down in the audience like lunatics -- pick me, pick me)

diane,

I am sorry as well that you are having such gastric issues ---- I have two friends right now that are dealing with similar things -- it makes a hard withdrawal seem so much more challenging --- please know I am thinking about you and praying you can get some relief

it's nearly 11pm here in Texas -- finally feel like I can eat some frozen blueberries and read for a bit --- and try not to let myself get freaked out that tomorrow morning we all get to wake up to another episode of NAME THAT FUC&^*ED UP SYMPTOM! 

I feel like we are on a horror version of a game show.  TELL THEM WHAT THEY'VE WON, BOB!  WELL, ITS AN ALL EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO THE LOCAL PSYCH HOSPITAL WHERE THEY WILL BE WINED, DINED, GASLIT AND TREATED LIKE AN INMATE!  AND IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH.......A BRAND NEW CAR.....I MEAN PRESCRIPTION.  YES, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ENJOY YOUR TRIP HOME UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF SOME OTHER MED YOU NEVER NEEDED TO BEGIN WITH......ALL OF THIS AND THE ESTIMATED VALUE IS ONLY $9500! 

Yes this exactly.

Oh, I’m so sorry Dianedeedee. You’ve been through hell. I hope your doctors are understanding. So hard to know what to eat, what meds to take for gut issues. I stopped the probiotic too, I thought it was giving me more anxiety but now I’m not so sure... I think it’s just how I am at the moment.

Are you planning to have a colonoscopy? Or just trial meds for now? I’m hoping when your ulcer is healed you feel hungry again and can eat something yummy.

😘

Hi Aussie,

Trial meds for 3 weeks I'm praying they work.  Probiotics are supposed to help but right now I can't take them.  Never realized it would be so hard to get your gut straightened out.

Hugs❤

New here but want to wish you all well and hope this morning was a little kinder to you than the previous one.

I absolutely experience this, in fact I would say this is my most consistent symptom. I go to bed feeling okay, then tend to sleep well until it starts getting light. Then my sleep becomes a little bit more intermittent, until I wake up fully just before 9am. I notice my heart is slightly faster than usual at this time. Then I can maaaybe get some rest, but not really sleep, so usually I get up at some point between 9 and 10, fairly anxious. Then it gradually calms down. By 7-8ish I start to relax a hell of a lot, to the point where I am almost in a good mood and though I'm not free of anxiety, I am mostly okay.

On my bad days, I'm wide awake at 6 or 7am, and it's torture all day, i usually dry heave within an hour or two of waking. Then my anxiety, depression and akasthisia gradually decreasing in increments tjroughourt the afternoon.

Interestingly I get a kind of crash quite often, at some point between 3 and 6, where I am very tired. Then I recover and am good for a while after.

diane,

Good one!

welcome hurricane.

yep, mornings suck.  so, this morning was pretty typical - wake up about 8:30am but kind of in and out a bit and then I start to feel the dark, fearful thoughts, an internal sense of doom and gloom and trying to wrap my mind around again another day having to work to accept and dance with all of these symptoms.  its sunny and beautiful here and all my mind feels is how disconnected I am from any sense of pleasure-- I can look outside and have this urge to just kind of 'RIP' the symptoms out of me so that I can go pick up my little niece and and nephew and take them for ice cream......

but I can't.

And I can't and don't even fully understand why I can't --- I can walk, I can drive -- but I feel nothing but fear and dread and like I am chemically restrained.

hope other people are having a better morning --

Hi guys,

I am back to feeling extreme anxiety in the morning. Yesterday, I got a *slight* break but, today, it's back to extreme anxiety. I woke up at 6 but laid in bed for a couple hours trying to relax and calm my mind. I have a lot of PTSD and it was in full force this morning. I hope, as the day goes on, that it gets better. It usually does.

Hope your Thursday is going OK.

HM

Welcome Hurricane,

I know the feeling very well I am so sorry you are suffering with morning anxiety.  I wish there was something that would help.  I want off this stuff so bad too!

Hugs

Hi heart,

I am so sorry today has been so bad.....there really is no rhyme or reason to this stuff is there?  hoping the day gets better --- thinking about you

Jben, joeb, heart, Diane, dan, Aussie and all other buddies out there ---

just checking in --- since we all seem to struggle with our morning anxiety --- just hoping we can keep this thread alive, include anyone else along the way that joins us and keep checking in on each other ----

waking up with panic/dissociation/fear/terror/agitation.......and knowing we have to dance with these symptoms most, if not all, of the day is exhausting.  I am working hard to find some way to accept it all --- I think one of my hardest struggles is managing the constant 'fear' that never seems to fully go away -- even on my best day or moment its there in the background kind of like a "sky is falling' feeling like waking up and then remembering someone you Love has died -- its like BOOM --- its on and it won't let you go. 

anyone else have that doom/gloom/sky is falling feeling?

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

Hope you guys had a better day after the awful morning.

300- not quite the way you described. But I have had the the doom and gloom, the worry that I hsve ruined myself and will always be this way. Suicidal ideation too. But in many ways I am lucky to have experienced this for such a short period of time and always getting windows on the evening, even on my really bad days.

Hey 300.  After my huge struggle yesterday things were better today.  This is such and up and down game.  Thanks for checking in.  I hope I get a repeat tomorrow morning!

When I can sleep this happens - exactly as you've experienced. I've not slept well in last few months, but still have anxiety & depression/intrusive thoughts. It is a physiological anxiety - as I physically feel my CNS revved up.

tree- totally get that

Jben so glad you got a reprieve and hurricane I am glad you get some breaks as well

it is 1:30am here and I am fighting going to bed because I don't want to deal with the morning --- but its okay--- whatever comes, I've seen some version of it before  --

sweet dreams ya'll

Only half an hour or so into being awake, but its a better morning for me. Thought I'd be really anxious as I'm having a day out with my family, but though I woke up maybe a bit earlier than id like, I only feel the littlest bit anxious in comparison to other days recently. I hope this morning brings you all similar improvements!

300, I feel you about not wanting to deal with the morning. I got lucky today because I took Vistaril last night.

Tree, I am also anxious about going to bed thinking about the morning and what's to come.

JBen, Glad you got a break from the morning anxiety! Hopefully, many more mornings to come like that!

Hurricane, Have fun with your family and congrats on a better morning!

Dakota, I've not slept well in the last few months too. Hopefully, it will get better for both of us, soon!

Debbie, Thanks so much for your support. I really appreciate it! Hope you're having a great start to your weekend.

I took Vistaril last night to help me sleep and I think it might be helping with my morning anxiety today. I don't feel as bad as I usually do. I am still very tired (typical, since I don't sleep well) but not nearly as anxious as I was yesterday. It might be worth it to take just for that but I am really tired this morning.

I wish I could take naps but my insomnia won't let me. I have to focus on getting my sleep at night.

Happy Friday,

HM