anyone else sleep okay? but wake with anxiety......

[30...]

When I can sleep this happens - exactly as you've experienced. I've not slept well in last few months, but still have anxiety & depression/intrusive thoughts. It is a physiological anxiety - as I physically feel my CNS revved up.

I get that completely to a tee. You slowly feel the heart rate increase, the anxiety kind of enter your legs and arms, you get hotter, maybe sweat a little, and then as you slowly realise what's happening the anxious thoughts creep in.

Thanks so much for the well wishes guys! Sending my love

300 you will get there mate. Any of you guys, message me any time

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [30...]

• [Hu...]

• [He...]

here we enter (at least in the USA) another evening ----- this morning was a beast -- praying tomorrow gives me a bit of a break

my struggles today were the anxiety that led to non-stop burning skin and agitation all day long -- was a rough one

Only just woke up, but aside from feelings of a cold (dry throat and nose) developing but not quite breaking into one that I've had since tuesday, it seems to be another good morning. Still prone to anxiety, but its not ruling me i guess. Thank fook!

300, fingers crossed for you man. If at all possible, if you realise its a bad one, try and take it by the horns. Do something physically strenuous. Flush as much of that cortisol as possible. Sending my love man

300, I feel you about not wanting to deal with the morning. I got lucky today because I took Vistaril last night.

Tree, I am also anxious about going to bed thinking about the morning and what's to come.

JBen, Glad you got a break from the morning anxiety! Hopefully, many more mornings to come like that!

Hurricane, Have fun with your family and congrats on a better morning!

Dakota, I've not slept well in the last few months too. Hopefully, it will get better for both of us, soon!

Debbie, Thanks so much for your support. I really appreciate it! Hope you're having a great start to your weekend.

I took Vistaril last night to help me sleep and I think it might be helping with my morning anxiety today. I don't feel as bad as I usually do. I am still very tired (typical, since I don't sleep well) but not nearly as anxious as I was yesterday. It might be worth it to take just for that but I am really tired this morning.

I wish I could take naps but my insomnia won't let me. I have to focus on getting my sleep at night.

Happy Friday,

HM

HM thank you.  Yesterday was rough but the afternoon today was better.  I hope today has been better for you.

Hugs❤

HM thank you.  Yesterday was rough but the afternoon today was better.  I hope today has been better for you.

Hugs❤

Hi there,

Today was better as far as morning anxiety goes but I still didn't sleep great last night. I have decided to not take the Vistaril at all since it serves no purpose except to make me tired but not able to go to sleep. We'll see how it goes tonight.

I am glad the afternoon today was better for you. We need you feeling your best.

((((((((HUGS)))))))) HM

Hugs❤

Hi there,

Today was better as far as morning anxiety goes but I still didn't sleep great last night. I have decided to not take the Vistaril at all since it serves no purpose except to make me tired but not able to go to sleep. We'll see how it goes tonight.

I am glad the afternoon today was better for you. We need you feeling your best.

((((((((HUGS)))))))) HM

So glad your anxiety was better that is wonderful!!!  Hope you will be able to get some sleep tonight I know that would be such a blessing for you.

Thank you I was so thankful to feel better.

Hugs❤❤❤

I hate to be a Debbie downer -- I wake up and just feel this "terror" and then all morning today I am just trying to manage - want to scrape this terrible feeling of doom and gloom - and its not like impending doom -- its like everything in my past was traumatic (even though I had a great life) ---- everything feels tainted and scary and it makes me feel I am losing my Damn mind

Gosh Im sorry 300. That feeling of impending doom is terrible.  I know you can feel it down to your core.  Is is mostly a physical feeling or does it come with gloomy thoughts?

I had these too during my taper and then months past my jump.  I was plagued with mental and physical feelings of impending doom.  The mental went away after a while and I was just left with the physical stuff - not nearly as bad!

hi jben,

yes its a mental doom/gloom and like a doom/gloom paintbrush over all that is positive - I can feel it rush over me like a WHOOSH fear based feeling ---- its as if benzos or this process can take all things -- and just attempt to taint or ruin them. 

some days are harder than others --- sometimes I can gain some peace by reminding myself this is all withdrawal -- that my distorted, disturbing thoughts and memories are a part of this process, they mean nothing -- but some days it is harder and I just feel rocked to my core by them

thanks for asking

That's what my mornings are like; doom and gloom except I actually have had a very traumatic life so it just weighs down on me and I start panicking. I can practically 'feel' the cortisol rush overwhelm me when I wake up. As soon as that happens, I know I can't go back to sleep. It sucks.

Wish me luck tonight/tomorrow morning that I wake up relaxed.

I understand feeling the rush as you wake. For me it kind of occurs when I'm half asleep and brings me into restlessness, then I wake up and and now I can't sleep.

Wishing you a better morning and many to come!

Thank you! I forgot my Xanax dose last night and didn't realize it until 7:30 in the morning. I had the usual amount of anxiety this morning despite missing my dose. I will try not to forget from here out.

Hope everyone is good today!

Another good morning for me, though I have an inclination to kind of obsess over how I feel, looking for any clue as to whether I'm getting better, or alternatively getting worse.

Not a good morning for me unfortunately.  Nor the past few days.  The cortisol surge started at 2am.  Intense anxiety, air hunger, you name it.  I’ve learned to go to bed at 8-9pm so at least I got a few hours of sleep.  I dont fight it anymore.  I just get up and start my day.

Yesterday was classic "sleep okay, but wake with anxiety".  Well the anxiety started a bit later.  I could hardly believe that after a good night's sleep, I could have that much anxiety.  Unfortunately it did not let up into the evening, so I got zero sleep last night.  I don't want to face the day at all. 

hi sage,

I had a super bad day too --- lot of anxiety all day yesterday - only like 4-5 hours sleep last night and up this morning with a very agitated depressive kind of anxiety ---- ugh

hi sage,

I had a super bad day too --- lot of anxiety all day yesterday - only like 4-5 hours sleep last night and up this morning with a very agitated depressive kind of anxiety ---- ugh

So sorry!  At least we have each other to commiserate with.  I hate the depressive anxiety, that's what I have today too.  It usually comes after a bad night like last night. 

It's so hard to be with people who love you but just do not get it when I'm feeling this way.  That's why BBs has been a lifeline.

FWIW, the Vistaril my Dr. prescribed helps with anxiety! Surprising since I am coming off 4mg Xanax. I just don't take it because it makes me feel very tired but I don't fall asleep, so I am stuck being tired. If you don't have insomnia, like me, and can handle being tired (or want to take a nap during the day) Vistaril (hydroxyzine) may help you with your morning anxiety.

Just throwing it out there,

HM

This morning has been the first I've woke with any significant anxiety since this time last week. If this is a wave, and this is as bad as my waves get now, then I've definitely made progress and I'm happy. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse. My waves tend to be sudden.

But yeah, started feeling anxious yesterday afternoon, went to bed, awful awful broken sleep but i pushed through, then woke up with the higher than my usual heart rate and restlessness

I will, I journal every day reminding myself to be grateful for the good days, and that if I had a run of such good normal days, then im clearly healing.

I feel good this morning, just woke up