• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fa...]

• [Pa...]

• [Qu...]

• [sl...]

@Pamster

my doctor has a different equivalency chart.

There are 30ng Dalmane = 10mg Valium.

and 2mg Klonopin = 10mg Valium.

The Dalmane/Valium looks about right but the discrepancy between the Klonopin and Valium is huge, I feel if you use this you'll be in for some serious withdrawal symptoms.

Hello,

Is it possible that I suddenly have an allergic reaction to flurazepam or clonazepam?

I itch, burn and tingle from head to toe. Worst on my head and face.

It is getting worse and worse, I never had that before.

@Quarantine are you off the flurazepam now?

Love

Hello,

Is it possible that I suddenly have an allergic reaction to flurazepam or clonazepam?

I itch, burn and tingle from head to toe. Worst on my head and face.

It is getting worse and worse, I never had that before.

@Quarantine are you off the flurazepam now?

Love

The itching and burning are common symptoms of withdrawal, its probably time to make a decision what to do.  Rather than starting a new drug you might want to consider taking Klonopin only, can you tell me your exact doses of benzo's as of today so I can suggest a Klonopin dose to cross over to.

About flurazepam w/d: in my experience changes in long half life benzos usually affected me after 5-7 days. I tapered diazepam 1 drop every 3 day. Quite linear. Unfortunately I didn't find a proper level to start from because, like you, I was afraid of updosing. When anxiety rises up and you aren't stabilized it's possible to swing from being scared of anything to mixing impulsive and irresponsible behavior like craving or mixing benzo and alcohol. Don't feel guilty for the past, just avoid it in the future. I still have my doubts about splitting flurazepam in two but I'm not a doctor. I downdosed Dalmadorm with the help of a compounding pharmacy which prepared 5mg tablets. As I said, flurazepam is sold only at 15mg and 30mg and it's not easy to split it. Note: I had to find the pharmacy by myself and then I went to the doctor to get the prescription.

About benzo conversion rate: flurazepam is an hypnotic with mild anxiolitic properties while diazepam and klonopine are anxiolitic and anticonvulsant with sedative properties. Conversion is not straightforward and the range is preatty wide:

https://clincalc.com/Benzodiazepine/

If your insomnia is severe and you want to go for klonopine or diazepam you will likely need to stay in the higher side of the range. You may need a dosage that some doctors could be uncomfortable to prescribe for a long tapering or even in the short term. They may prefer keeping you at a therapeutic level and add something else, like an AD.

Hallo Pamster,

dann kann es evtl. vom Flurazepam kommen... es gibt hier zwei Präparate einmal Flurazepam real was ich immer hatte dies gibt es momentan aber nicht und dalmadorm und ich denke ich vertrage es nicht.

Ich hätte am besten garnicht wieder damit angefangen....aber vor Klonopin habe ich auch Angst. Zweimal bin ich mit dem absetzen mit Klonopin alleine schon gescheitert...es macht bei mir viele seltsame Symptome...daher meine Angst.

Liebe Grüße

My Story:

In September 2016 I was given Alprazolam by my family doctor. I took 0.125mg sporadically and became more and more nervous, panic and anxiety. Thereupon I should take 3x0.5mg and I did it out of ignorance...but even that was not enough, every 4-6 hours run amok anxiety panic to an extent like never before.

I came to an addiction doctor in early 2017 who switched me to clonazepam. At first it worked, but reduce 0.1 mg every three days. Did that.

I got to 0, something and ended up in the clinic. There they tried everything possible. I couldn't tolerate anything.

I was then discharged with 4.5mg Clonazepam and nervously at the end. A nightmare. Reduce again. From 2017 to 2018 I came to 0.8 mg there was again nothing more. Then I was here on the forum...the doctor then gave me other benzos, I should change the clonazepam. But it didn't work.

Somehow I was able to stabilize with half a flurazepam and a few drops...I was rid of the drops in 2019, whether that was a good idea???? I don't know. At least I was able to start and complete retraining as an industrial clerk after being sick for over 2 years. It was exhausting, but I did it. How no idea. Then, thank God, I found a job at the beginning of 2021....only stupidly, I also started to stop the Flurazepam at the same time.

I think that was not a good idea.

Hello,

and now I'm sitting here having experienced and continuing to experience all the withdrawal symptoms.

Finally, I lost my job.

And I just can't take it anymore...and I'm enduring a lot, but it's also beyond my strength.

Physically and psychologically...

I don't See the way...

LG

Hello

I understand, no one can relate to how you feel....

What makes sense now?

Back when I was switched from Alprazolam to 1.4mg Clonazepam it was a relief. I was finally able to sleep peacefully again....

In the clinic it was a disaster....

And now?

There is no help!

How am I supposed to manage this now? How to stabilize myself?

With me the reduction is very hard and I don't know how to find a dose....

Quarantine is rid of the flurazepam apparently... without problems.

Love

@pamster

2 Days 27.4 mg Dalmadorm the other 13.72 mg

and 1.7mg Clonazepam

Can you tell me what the other is, the 13.72?

Hello

I understand, no one can relate to how you feel....

What makes sense now?

Back when I was switched from Alprazolam to 1.4mg Clonazepam it was a relief. I was finally able to sleep peacefully again....

In the clinic it was a disaster....

And now?

There is no help!

How am I supposed to manage this now? How to stabilize myself?

With me the reduction is very hard and I don't know how to find a dose....

Quarantine is rid of the flurazepam apparently... without problems.

Love

I know you're scared and in a lot of pain and we understand.  I wonder if it would help you to read about other members struggles so you can know you're not alone in your pain and fear?  Sometimes it helps us feel less alone when we reach out to others to comfort and commiserate with them.

My feeling is its time to stop thinking about tapering and instead concentrate on getting stable.  This means finding a dose that will take away your pain.

Please answer my question in my last post to you so we can find a dose that helps you.

Flurazepam real oder Staurodorm in Deutschland hat eine Tablette 27,42mg Flurazepam.

Ich habe ja immer nur eine halbe genommen und das sind 13,71mg

Flurazepam real oder Staurodorm in Deutschland hat eine Tablette 27,42mg Flurazepam.

Ich habe ja immer nur eine halbe genommen und das sind 13,71mg

Translation:

Flurazepam real or Staurodorm in Germany has one tablet 27.42mg flurazepam. I've only ever taken half and that's 13.71mg

Hello

So 2 days 27.42mg Flurazepam + 1.5mg Klonopin, yes I should have tried longer....or just used Klonopin

Otherwise for 3 weeks 13.71mg flurazepam + 1.7mg klonopin

Hello,

The worst experience is that neither the people concerned nor the doctors can help or advise.

I know I have done a lot wrong, but there must be some way.

XOXO

Hello

So 2 days 27.42mg Flurazepam + 1.5mg Klonopin, yes I should have tried longer....or just used Klonopin

Otherwise for 3 weeks 13.71mg flurazepam + 1.7mg klonopin

Did you take it or not? It's difficult to follow what are you doing.

Good morning,

yes I have taken 2 days a whole plus Klonopin. I am sure that was not a good idea.

I change too much with the dose, I know it is a big mistake.

I just don't know what dose to take....

Best regards Anika

@pamster

2 Days 27.4 mg Dalmadorm the other 13.72 mg

and 1.7mg Clonazepam

Can you tell me what the other is, the 13.72?

Two days 27,42 mg Dalmane and 1,5mg Klonopin

The oder days 13,71mg Dalmane and 1,7mg Klonopin.