• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pa...]

• [to...]

• [ba...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s been 2 months off since my last dose. I stopped ct, now my symptoms are ramping up. Dizziness is not letting go, anxiety, bad thoughts, depression. I want to consider reinstating and tapering off but I don’t know who can help me. I wanna go see mu doctor about that but he thinks all this is not withdrawals. Can someone please help. Thanks.

Hi Patrick,

So sorry you are still having issues and new ones are bothering you now.  I know it is so hard to deal with all this.  I understand that you want to reinstate but I will tell you that, reinstating does not always make things better.  I did reinstate after the CT after -7-8 months of hell and it took about a year to stabilize.  I was getting better as I went but I was not truly functional and really better for months.  I was also on 3 mg when I was put on the CT.  I can not advise you about what might be best for you but I will tell you what happened and worked for me and maybe that will give you enough information to make a decision about what you need to do for you! 

I was reinstated at first to 1.5 mg a day and then I was still so sick that the psych doc kept increasing my dose until it finally got up to 4 mg a day.  Let me also tell you that he did not know that what I had gone through was a CT and he assumed it was anxiety and panic.  In fact - the CT caused the anxiety and panic attacks.  I am still amazed that a psych doc that prescribes these benzo's to people every day did not know what was happening to me.  I was back on the xanax for 22 months and was getting sick with stroke and heart attack symptoms and I started researching and found BB.  That is when I found out what had happened to me with the CT and I also found out that I was in tolerance and I needed to taper off the xanax and on January 11, 2019, I started to taper and still have a few months to go.  I have gotten alot better from the time I started to taper but do have WD and I am sure I will until after I am off and continue to heal. 

I was a very sick person for a couple years, the CT and the first year or so once I was reinstated.  Then was also sick from tolerance for months.  It was very hard so I know and understand how you are feeling.  Feeling so bad physically and then emotionally is very hard to deal with. 

The best suggestion I can give to you is to try to find a psych nurse practitioner and talk to them about your situation.  They will be able to guide you and help you to make the decision of reinstating or not.  If you do reinstate, they can help you with how much to take and help you with prescribing you the xanax and help you to taper.  I say a psych NP because they understand the psych drugs better than a normal Np most of the time.  My PNP is an angel and she has helped me so much.  She lets me do this in my time, does not rush me and she is very supportive.

I totally get that you want to stop going through what you are dealing with.  I read in your signature that you started taking the xanax 1-2 a week for dizziness - do you know what started causing you go get dizzy?  I know it is a WD symptom but seems strange that by taking the xanax 1-2 times a month, that it would cause the dizziness.  But then again, benzo WD is a strange and ever evolving thing.

I hope that this has helped you and I am sorry that you are suffering.  Just know that if you do decide to reinstate, it is generally not a quick fix and that it can take time to stabilize and feel better and then it will take time to taper.  None of this is fast unfortunately!    If you decide to hold on and not reinstate, know that eventually things will get better.  You will have to decide how much you can tolerate and if you are functional or not.  We do need to be able to live and work etc.

I hope you feel better!

Take care.

Julia

Hi Julia, what made me take Xanax 1-2 times per week was dizziness. I think at that time I started having withdrawals(off balance/diziness) from previous use of Xanax which was intermittent from all past years. I don't know. Or I must have reached some kind of tolerance, even though every time since I started taking it  .25mg would knock me out.

Hi Julia, what made me take Xanax 1-2 times per week was dizziness. I think at that time I started having withdrawals(off balance/diziness) from previous use of Xanax which was intermittent from all past years. I don't know. Or I must have reached some kind of tolerance, even though every time since I started taking it  .25mg would knock me out.

Hey Patrick,

Xanax is a strong drug, even at .25 mg.  If you do decide to reinstate, if .25 mg knocks you out, you may only need half of that!  I do not know.  I want to help you but as I said earlier, I would talk to a PNP and get some guidance.  I really do understand how hard this has to be for you!

Julia

Thanks for your reply Julia. I forgot to mention that there is only one thing that gave me some relief, it was a nausea medicine called phenergan, I was so happy because I took it 2 times and it helped a little, but then I read its a bad idea to take it when I'm off benzo so the brain keeps healing. So I stopped it.

Hey Patrick,

How are you doing today?  I am hoping you start to feel better soon!  I know this is hard!  CT is really hard! 

Keep us posted on how you are!  We are here for you!

Julia

Hey Patrick,

Just checking in to see how you are doing.  I hope you are feeling at least a little better.

Take care and know we are here for you!

Julia

Hi Julia, sorry sometimes I don't check the website everyday so I don't reply quick. I am doing a little better anxiety wise except still dizzy everyday. I wanted to ask you on my last post on how you're doing as well. I know you're still tapering and I hope you're doing okay. Please keep me posted. Thanks.

Hi Patrick,

I'm glad that your anxiety is better. Sorry you're still dealing with some of the other issues.

I'm doing ok. Still dealing with my stomach issues but that's probably not going to change until I'm done tapering. Dizziness and off balance is better but still have it.

Did you decide to reinstate or continue off the xanax?

I hope you continue to get better!!

Julia

Hi Julia, I am gonna stay off as long as I can tolerate the symptoms to a certain point for now. How much longer you have to finish your tapering?

I went to see a Chiro today for my neck/tension issues, he cracked my neck and since then my dizziness is worse, I am so upset he cracked it because I know I am very sensitive now to any movement. I am in bed resting hopefully I get back to normal dizziness  :)

Hope your feel better soon.

Patrick

Really proud of you for not reinstating unless things get unbearable. It shows that you are accepting your situation, instead of trying to escape it. That is growth. With that said, if you get to a point where you go back on the meds, no judgement.

We know how excruciating the process is.

I want to suggest you go to a good physical therapist instead of a chiropractor. I have been in PT for years for migraines, and now for withdrawal as well.

Every hour you get through is another hour behind you. Your doing great just by starting to look for non medicinal therapies to help.

Also, your withdrawal experience is unique. When any of us stop experiencing an acute symptom (dizziness) is no indication of when you will. It will end, but none of us can tell you when, we can only share our own experience. And, those symptoms also tend to come and go.

You are rocking this!

Hi Julia, I am gonna stay off as long as I can tolerate the symptoms to a certain point for now. How much longer you have to finish your tapering?

I went to see a Chiro today for my neck/tension issues, he cracked my neck and since then my dizziness is worse, I am so upset he cracked it because I know I am very sensitive now to any movement. I am in bed resting hopefully I get back to normal dizziness  :)

Hope your feel better soon.

Hi Patrick,

I am happy that you are able to tolerate your symptoms and that you have not reinstated.  You sound better and that is progress.  You can do this.  We are here to support you through it!

I do not know exactly how long it will take but I know it will be around 6 months or so.  I just keep moving forward and I know one day I will be done with the tapering part! 

I am also sensitive to movement.  I like Baddove's suggestion of a PT.  They can work wonders.

I hope you feel better.  Take care of yourself as well!

Julia

Hi Julia, I didn't know you have balance and dizziness issues as well!! is yours the spinning dizziness or the rocking swaying and lightheadedness?

Patrick

Want you to know I have the balance issues as well. Most of us do, it is extremely common in wd. Mine is the rocking swaying lightheadedness. When it hits, I feel like I am going to fall out of my chair. My worst bout was when everything turned upside down while I was riding my bike across a bridge on a river. For me, it comes with heightened wd (After a cut or a trauma.) Once my CNS (central nervous system) calms down, it stops. I get extreme fatigue in concert with the "floaty boaties" It's hard to look at things because they undulate.

There is a very helpfull and large group devoted to this topic:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=128947.0

Hi Julia, I didn't know you have balance and dizziness issues as well!! is yours the spinning dizziness or the rocking swaying and lightheadedness?

Hey Patrick,

Yes, I have had these issues since last November.  When I walk, sometimes, I will feel like I am going to fall down or faint.  It comes on so sudden and I have to hold on to anything I can.  I guess you call that the rocking, swaying.  The dizziness can come at any time.  Whenever I bend over at all I get dizzy so I try to not do that!  It was really bad for a few months but in the last few weeks it has gotten better.  Yesterday and the day before, it was rough but today is better.  The intensity is strange and it gets better and worse and then better again.

Hope you continue to see progress!!

Julia

Thanks Patrick!  I will happy when I am done tapering and then completely healed.  It will a much better life!!

Hope you continue to improve too and one day you will be healed too and living a much better life!!!

Julia

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Patrick,

I hope things are getting better for you!  I know CT is very, very difficult!!  I hope you are seeing improvement!!

Take care!