My health is really suffering

[Sh...]

[6a...]

CBN? Does it work even if taken alone?

From my extensive reading on the Cannabis thread, CBN does in fact, work alone for many people. Even CBD on its own works for some. I haven't seen any CBN in Canada, but I never really looked hard. The first thing I tried was a tincture of 70% Indica/30% Sativa THC. That was definitely working decently well for me. No racing heart, no paranoia, straight up sedation. It feels like Trazadone but with a painkiller to me, like a Codeine or something.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [Qu...]

• [Be...]

• [Be...]

Mine is supposedly indica oil thc only. Weed has never sedated me, it just makes me feel wierd. My boyfriend in high school was a big pot smoker. Hed smoke before bed and pass straight out. I would lay there awake for ages, even when I was a normal sleeper. It’s just not a pleasant feeling for me. I actually think to myself every time I’m stoned, “not long til it wears off”. Even the other night, I only had .5ml and was really stoned. I’d be scared to take more incase it doesn’t put me to sleep and feeling like that or worse for hours. Ugh

[6a...]

Mine is supposedly indica oil thc only. Weed has never sedated me, it just makes me feel wierd. My boyfriend in high school was a big pot smoker. Hed smoke before bed and pass straight out. I would lay there awake for ages, even when I was a normal sleeper. It’s just not a pleasant feeling for me. I actually think to myself every time I’m stoned, “not long til it wears off”. Even the other night, I only had .5ml and was really stoned. I’d be scared to take more incase it doesn’t put me to sleep and feeling like that or worse for hours. Ugh

Oh wow that sucks. I'm sorry Shayna. Yeah I guess different people have different reactions. I tried 100% Sativa once, and it made me sedated the way alcohol would, but it was more of a chemical weird feeling. If that was what it was like to be stoned, count me out!

But the Indica dominant stuff certainly gives me a sedation kick. I haven't used it for a couple of months now though.

I know it sux. I’m glad it worked for u and others tho andros. But I’m not gunna give up on it, I’ll try it again maybe at a smaller amount x

Hi mates. After a decent window a bad wave started sunday evening. Back to 0-3h perceived sleep even taking 75mg trazodone + 75mg seroquel + 12.5 atarax (antihistamine).

I feel a little bit hopeless and like a burden for my family, kids and parents. The 0-3h zone is preatty hard. I start to be afraid of going to bed and as you know this ends up just adding more stress.

I still have 3 months of tapering in front of me but I don't know if going slow is the right choice. I hope it's just a wave. I hope it will pass. I feel exhausted. This evening I'll try 15mg mirtazapine and nothing else but if I had a strong hypnotic close to me (zolpidem, flunitrazepam or sort of) likely I will take it. I don't know if being reliant so called off label sleep aids are much better than benzo or z drugs. I keep following my taper but this evening I'm full of doubts with no easy answers.

Sorry mates. Any advice is strongly appreciated.

*BUMP*

We’re kind in the same spot as u q dude. I wish I knew what the magic bullet is but I guess like everything things lose their effectiveness. I’m getting some good nights on unisom cbd and melatonin but I’m still having nights off coz I don’t wNt it to loose effectiveness. I wish I could tell u what u need to do but really I’m in the trenches too. If those meds aren’t working anymore I’d say it’s time to wean off. But I’m sure u won’t want to do that. I would try something else if ur worried. I’m really sorry it’s just the most unfair awful symptom in my eyes x

I'm trying mirtazapine and going to give a pause to trazodone and quetiapine. I think, but it's just a speculation, my mess started Friday night. I took 75mg seroquel and woke up after 3-4h then I took 6.25mg antihistamine to give a boost. And it worked: adding 6.25mg atarax Friday and Saturday night I had the longest and better sleep since ages. I think this diminished my sensitivity also for the antihistamine action of seroquel and trazodone.

If they'll not work any more willy-nilly I'll wean them off.

Or maybe ur body doesn’t need as much sleep coz u had those 2 good nights? Coz ur sleep pressure is diminished from more sleep ? That sometimes happens to me, once I get a good night usually the next few are bad. Just a thought.

That's what I thought initially. But three night in a row is pretty much. Actually what scared me most is basically that 75mg trazodone + 75mg quetiapine + 12.5 atarax even failed to kick in... Seroquel never failed so much with me expecially if taken together with trazodone. I also expect to feel like a zombie during the day. Sometimes Seroquel has this ugly side effect. Also antihistamine isn't much pleasant when it doesn't work. We'll they both failed even to "zombifie" me. Just a little bit yesterday but today I went to work tired but not mentally impaired.

"Months of tapering and suffering just for being able to swallow low dose ADs... Life is shitty". That's basically what I 'm thinking now. I've got a workmate who's sleeping nice taking ambien 10mg every night since three years.. Forgive me but I envy her a little bit today.

[6a...]

I've got a workmate who's sleeping nice taking ambien 10mg every night since three years.. Forgive me but I envy her a little bit today.

I'm still shocked how there's people that can take these Z-Drugs for years with zero side effects.

I've got a workmate who's sleeping nice taking ambien 10mg every night since three years.. Forgive me but I envy her a little bit today.

I'm still shocked how there's people that can take these Z-Drugs for years with zero side effects.

It's shocking. Actually insomnia and sleep privation may not kill you but it makes life miserable, so I'm not surprised. We also live in a society where we haven't the time we need to reconnect our circadian clock.

Actually I never tried to updose my "main" benzo (Flurazepam, commercial name: Dalmane) more than 30mg per day, 2 pills. It stopped doing its job but never gave me unpleasant outcomes as long as it worked and it worked for a long time. Dalmane is rated quite high by its users: https://www.drugs.com/comments/flurazepam/dalmane.html and the main complain is that its production has been discontinued for a while. In my expirience sleep quality was preatty good (better than diazepam, seroquel or trazodone) but... I couldn't sleep skipping a dose. This was the price.

Thanks God I had a decent night with mirt. Maybe because it was my first time or because I was tired, I don't know. I just hope it keeps working. Perhaps I will have to cycle it and/or accept some 0-3h nights in the future without drugs / sleep aid.

Shayna,

When doctors took me CT of clonazepam in October 2020, I got severe tinnitus.

You did a good thing to go slowly.

Three weeks ago I got so desperate that I took clonazepam again and now I'm stuck. It did give me help for about a week of slightly better sleep and lower tinnitus but now I'm back to where I was before - sleeping 3 hours a night and having awful tinnitus.

Im thinking on you and know you will get better. When you can't sleep,  think of how awful it would be to have hissing and beeping and sirenas in your ears.

You did a good thing and now can at least lay in silence or listen to calming music.

I followed your posts because I suffer from severe insomnia for mor then a year now and feel like my health is going down too. But you are so brave and your health is better. Of course you feel awful bc of the sleep deprivation but you still have your health.

Don't give up and keep going and during your long nights know that I'm here with you.

And really please think of the the fact that you spared yourself of tinnitus as a consolation. I really think it's a torturous disease and there is absolutely no cure to it. I can't describe how awful it is.q

You will be better.

Im thinking on you a lot.

Thanku wagen for thinking of me. I think about all of u absolute warriors on here too. All the time. I’m so sorry u have awful tinnitus. I had it for maybe 2 weeks but it was never as bad as others get it. I am greatful I at least dont have that.

I really hope things ease for u soon x until then stay strong xx

Yeah I tried it once and spent the entire night vomiting. I’d never take it again.

I was on zyprexa and never wanted to go on that. The drs wore me down promising it would help. It never did. I’d rather die than go on aps again. No offense

What is aps?

Anti psychotics

Compare your last blood works with your past blood works if you have it. As becksblue said you may be within the range but feeling like a crap also when hormones make significant shift within the range from your baseline.

Good idea Thanku xx

Hey jack x melatonin unfortunately doesn’t do much for me. Maybe I’m not taking enuf I don’t know. I take 3mg now and then, but I took it for ages snd I do t think it did much.

Truth, if someone was considering going on remeron, what would u tell them?

I’d say avoid it if you can. I do not regret taking it myself because I don’t think I would have survived without it. I had not eaten anything for about a month and lost 40 something lbs in only 4 weeks. If I did not find a way to eat and sleep I am sure I would have been dead in a few more weeks. The body might be able to survive without sleep but not food and no sleep. My gastroparesis had my stomach just dead. It refused to pump. When I took the first pill of Remeron my stomach just fired right up within 20 or so minutes. At first I could just eat for the hour after I took it and I would binge but at least I was getting calories. After a few days I could get down other meals. Within 2 weeks I was getting 3 meals a day and then some. I did not have any significant side effects from Remeron. But it was 2 hears or more suffering to taper off of. But the Remeron taper was not nearly as bad as coming off of benzos. I worked through the entire taper. Remeron was a magic bullet for me but that does not mean it will help you. You would have to try it at your own risk and see what happens. I have seen others claim that it made them worse. That was not the case for me.

I know it’s a very hard decision. I’m so glad they helped when u were very ill. But I’ve decided thanks in part to what u said not to go down that road. I did try it for a while snd it never helped much anyway xx 💋

Shayna, I’ve been taking unisom and Benadryl pretty much every night since I got off Klonopin last May and it works for me. Granted, I’m acute NOTHING helped the insomnia but in the year since I take 5 mg’s of melatonin and 25-50 ms’s of unisom at bed time and I really haven’t even thought about changing it up because sleep is so important and is one of the building blocks for the rest of our recovery. Everything is SO much harder when we aren’t sleeping well, let alone sleep deprived, but I don’t need to tell you that.

It’s my opinion that these microtapers are complete bullsh*t. It took me a total of four years to taper off 2.5 mg’s of Klonopin thinking I’d be able to “jump off” and avoid all the nasty symptoms I had gotten so scared of developing from reading the horror stories of others. Yea…aside from avoiding seizures that didn’t happen at all. Still went through an absolutely barbaric acute phase and then was left with full blown ocd. I think once we reach a certain blood level in our taper it doesn’t matter how long it’s taken us to get there. Not promoting CT’s but there’s something to be said for a realistic time frame for taper rates and a long, drawn out micro taper isn’t it. Ignoring the fact that taking so much time to taper while agoraphobic and inable to function saw my whole life completely fall apart. These factors matter. I feel that the people I was listening to on the forums put so much stock in the pills and in our GABA receptors and CNS and ignore the individualized factors in each our our unique situations. Just what I believe.

Hey SG yep I agree. We spend too long tapering thinking if we go slow we’ll be ok we’ll it certainly wasn’t true of my taper. I went so slow and still got slammed. Thanku for validating my thoughts on it. I’ve decided thanks to ur comments and couple of others that I’m going to get some sleep now snd have done by stacking unisom cbd and melatonin. I need to start becoming more functional. I’ve been sick 3 years almost and absolutely have tried my best to do it without much help but until my health improves a little I need to sleep. So Thanku for ur reply x it helped me see it’s ok to get some help x

I'm glad you got some sleep Shayna and I don't see anything wrong with how you achieved it, I'm just glad you did!  :thumbsup:

Thanku Pam xx yes I am greatful to have gotten it x it’s really helped me this week x

Shayna, I agree with Pam, you take what is needed to get some sleep. I read your posts every time you post, do what you feel is best for you, this is your journey and no one else can make the decisions that you should make. That is something I had to decide when I joined BB and I do not regret deciding that I had to do it my way. I think you are such a special person and your humor and care for others is wonderful. You are so strong even when suffering so much. I am Praying that your sleep returns soon. 💖 Peace and Healing.💦

Oh be good x u are such a sweetheart x Thanku so much for ur support x yes I agree with u guys and I need to be less hard on myself for taking something to help. I think we all want to heal on our own but sometimes a little reprieve is all we need to gather our strength to fight some more. Sending u lots of love begood xx

[6a...]

Shayna, I agree with Pam, you take what is needed to get some sleep. I read your posts every time you post, do what you feel is best for you, this is your journey and no one else can make the decisions that you should make. That is something I had to decide when I joined BB and I do not regret deciding that I had to do it my way. I think you are such a special person and your humor and care for others is wonderful. You are so strong even when suffering so much. I am Praying that your sleep returns soon. 💖 Peace and Healing.💦

Oh be good x u are such a sweetheart x Thanku so much for ur support x yes I agree with u guys and I need to be less hard on myself for taking something to help. I think we all want to heal on our own but sometimes a little reprieve is all we need to gather our strength to fight some more. Sending u lots of love begood xx

I took whatever I could to sleep. I got lucky with short term use. I don't think my receptors were shot that badly. Enough to wreck my natural ability to sleep, but not enough that other meds wouldn't work.

From what I understand of tapering, you're supposed to compensate with enough long acting drug to minimize the effects of the short acting ones. I think they messed up their Valium equivalencies. Every chart I see says 5mg is equal to 7.5mg Zopiclone. I think it's actually 10mg Valium that's equal to 7.5mg.

Which means these dumb ass doctors are actually Cold Turkeying people off half of their dose right off the bat if they are only giving the victim a 5mg dose to taper.