jump at .041mg klonopin?

[El...]

Hi - My taper has slowed to a crawl:, only able to decrease by .001mg klonopin per 3-4 weeks.  I don't have many good days, but the worst days are after my cuts.  It's been suggested by the person who created my taper plan that I ought to consider jumping, that I'm likely in withdrawal now, and that I'm within the range of jumping per the Ashton manual (I'm at .82mg Valium).

Wondering if anyone has experience similar to mine, what they did and how it went?

Thank you!

For most people 0.04mgs is in the ball park for an ideal jump. However, you stated that your worst days are after making just a 0.001mg cut. Just how bad are these days compared to your usual days? If it's only minor on top of your usual withdrawal symptoms, then you should be good to go. If the symptoms are more severe, you could perhaps try speeding up the taper as opposed to jumping straight off. Perhaps try a 0.005mg cut and see how you're able to tolerate it? Because if the withdrawal symptoms are too unbearable to tolerate at that level of cut, then you're not going to be able to tolerate a sudden 0.04mg cut. If 0.005mg cuts are manageable for you, then you'll be able to taper all the way down to 0 in almost no time.

There is a psychological component as well. You are making the cut and expect it to hurt, and so it will. A good test would be to make 2 identical containers, and one has 0.001mg less than the other. Shuffle them randomly (or have someone else do it), and then take your dosage from one of them. How do you feel the next day?

If you don't know that you are reducing, does it still hurt?