Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Poll: Anti-Depresants Helped During W/D Yes or No Votes

[Ja...]
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think the title is pretty self explanatory, but I at times consider starting taking anti-depresants to help me get through my taper. I'm NOT on any of them right now, but once tried Paxil for a couple of weeks and I felt I was doing meth (way too happy) and it also as a nice side effect gave me libido issues you don't want graphic details about.

Question: If you are taking and anti-depresant or have taken an anti-depresant during benzo w/d do you feel it has helped you? Yes or No answers are fine, but if you have more to say about them, that is fine as well.

Jarocho

Jarocho, I've added a proper poll for you, and some additional options.

The preliminary results are only viewable to members after they have voted. The poll will be published for all to view once the poll closes. The poll runs for 10 days. You can add comments by replying to this thread.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, Colin et al.

I am just too scared to try an antidepressant, as I have a hyperactive thyroid and I tried a few in the past only a week or so, and they made me so wired that I wound up in the ER. But, that's just me. I WISH I could tolerate an antidepressant because my benzo-pression is unbelievably bad. I've become a whiner, crier, grouch and recluse, but I know a large part of this is due to withdrawal and partly due to other medical problems such as infections. I am just so afraid of psych meds right now because of what the benzo is doing to me!

Love,

Genie