Mutiple Tapers/long haulers/high dosages

[ba...]

Hi guys,

I'm just checking in. I have missed a few days. I did a cut on Friday and I am considering cutting a dose. I miss doses already and I seem to tolerate it OK. I know my signature says 7 doses but, at night, I skip doses because I don't want to get up, so i am averaging 5 doses a day. If I cut one more dose, I will be dosing 4 times a day or every 6 hours. I am curious what your guys dose times are, if you care to share.

Happy Sunday!

xoxo,

HM

Hi HeartMost,

That is great!!  You are moving right along!!  I am glad you are doing so well!!

I dose 4 times a day as that is how I have always dosed and it works for me.  I take my first dose when I first get up in the morning and then at noon, 4 pm and 8:30 pm.  I get up at random times in the morning so sometimes my first and second doses are closer together than the rest.

Good luck with your cut if you decide to go forward.  Sounds like you are doing great with your taper and I am happy for you!

Hugs,

Julia

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [to...]

• [He...]

• [Lo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi HeartMost,

That is great!!  You are moving right along!!  I am glad you are doing so well!!

I dose 4 times a day as that is how I have always dosed and it works for me.  I take my first dose when I first get up in the morning and then at noon, 4 pm and 8:30 pm.  I get up at random times in the morning so sometimes my first and second doses are closer together than the rest.

Good luck with your cut if you decide to go forward.  Sounds like you are doing great with your taper and I am happy for you!

Hugs,

Julia

Thanks for sharing Julia! I'm thinking of getting rid of my night time doses since I am missing them anyway:) I hope your doing well tonight!

HM

Hi HeartMost,

Hugs,

Julia

Thanks for sharing Julia! I'm thinking of getting rid of my night time doses since I am missing them anyway:) I hope your doing well tonight!

HM

HM - that sounds like a plan.  All you can do is try and if it works, great.  If not, make changes.  It does sound like you do not need it if you are sleeping through them and not replacing them during the day!  Awesome!!

I am hanging in there.  Had a rough week but I am getting better. 

Hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

Hugs,

I'm sorry things have been rough for you but glad you are getting better! I'm on your team!

Lot's of hugs and love, :hug:

HM

Hugs,

I'm sorry things have been rough for you but glad you are getting better! I'm on your team!

Lot's of hugs and love, :hug:

HM

Thanks HeartMost - I appreciate that! 

Lots of hugs and love to you as well!!

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to be a downer, but it's been rough. A situation in my personal life that has been going on for a while finally just "broke," for me, and I could not calm down. I have asked my husband to take over the situation, because I am far too triggered.

He is not the household manager as I am, so I know his dealing with the situation wont live up to my expectations. Even so, I can't handle anymore. And, I am freaked out that the person in question will be unreasonable with him as well. However, he is calm, of sound mind, not anxious, and can deal with it from healthy thinking, not freaked out thinking.

I am very very anxious, and my last dose paradoxed (not again.) I am dreading tonight.

I concluded from the very elevated anxiety I have been dealing with, that I am not of sound mind in that state, and not competent to deal with difficult situations. I  am paranoid, too "people pleasing," and freaking out that every thing is dire.

I hope that makes sense. And further interactions send me into a panic just considering interacting with the person in question.

I felt such relief when he agreed to take over, even though my perfectionist self is better at it, but I can't, I simply can't do it anymore.  I am scared of what will happen. I need it resolved to tone down my anxiety. Even if the resolution is unreasonable. This is why a sane person needs to take over.

Here is to hoping that stability will come, at least a break from this unbearable anxiety.

Will update as things improve.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there and calm.

I don't want to be a downer, but it's been rough. A situation in my personal life that has been going on for a while finally just "broke," for me, and I could not calm down. I have asked my husband to take over the situation, because I am far too triggered.

He is not the household manager as I am, so I know his dealing with the situation wont live up to my expectations. Even so, I can't handle anymore. And, I am freaked out that the person in question will be unreasonable with him as well. However, he is calm, of sound mind, not anxious, and can deal with it from healthy thinking, not freaked out thinking.

I am very very anxious, and my last dose paradoxed (not again.) I am dreading tonight.

I concluded from the very elevated anxiety I have been dealing with, that I am not of sound mind in that state, and not competent to deal with difficult situations. I  am paranoid, too "people pleasing," and freaking out that every thing is dire.

I hope that makes sense. And further interactions send me into a panic just considering interacting with the person in question.

I felt such relief when he agreed to take over, even though my perfectionist self is better at it, but I can't, I simply can't do it anymore.  I am scared of what will happen. I need it resolved to tone down my anxiety. Even if the resolution is unreasonable. This is why a sane person needs to take over.

Here is to hoping that stability will come, at least a break from this unbearable anxiety.

Will update as things improve.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there and calm.

Hi Baddove,

I am so sorry you are dealing with something so rough.  You are doing the right thing letting your husband handle this situation!  I hope stability will come to you !!!  You are so wise to realize that it is best for you to not take care of the situation yourself. 

You are doing great - breathe - remember - you do not have to do this alone!! 

I have also been dealing with a situation that has brought on more anxiety than I have felt in well over 2 years.  It can be downright paralyzing!  It is sad that sometimes people put us in situations that are very hard to deal with.  When people are toxic and ill, sometimes all you can do is pray!

I am keeping you in my prayers and hoping things settle down for you and that your anxiety gets better.

Love you and sending you hugs and prayers,

Julia  :hug:  :smitten: :smitten:

Just my opinion, but long haulers on high doses with multiple failed tapers should consider psych hospitalization at a quality institution (not community detox) to be taken off and treated with AD's. Thats what I did. Otherwise it may be too hard to get free. You can scream at me now.

I was put on an Ad for 4 weeks, it made me completely insane. Doc prescribed xanax to get me through it. The xanax did not help. Stopped the AD, but now I was dependent on the benzo. An AD is what got me here.

Appreciate your input, but it wont work for me.

(I don't scream at anyone trying to help.)

Not everyone can take AD's.  I can't as I'm allergic.

I'm so glad that worked for you but as Baddove said, it doesn't work for all.

Hi Baddove,

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing!  I hope you are doing better!  Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and hoping you are having a better day!!!

I am hanging in there.  Have some flu like symptoms today.  They are not too bad, mainly annoying.  Hoping they go away quick.

Take care and know you are in my thoughts and prayers!!  Sending you hugs!!!  :hug: :hug:

Love you,

You are really getting down there! So close. Glad it's tolerable?

I am  better.  Thanks for asking.

I got so deep into a blowout I knew it would take time for my body to settle down.

Yesterday it eased off, so far today, same.

Still not where I would like to be in terms of functionality.

I need to get back to exercising, but once I stop for a few days, I have to really push to start again.

Loves :smitten:

You are really getting down there! So close. Glad it's tolerable?

I am  better.  Thanks for asking.

I got so deep into a blowout I knew it would take time for my body to settle down.

Yesterday it eased off, so far today, same.

Still not where I would like to be in terms of functionality.

I need to get back to exercising, but once I stop for a few days, I have to really push to start again.

Loves :smitten:

Hi Baddove - I am so glad you are better!  Yeah, when we are dealing with things that cause us such anxiety etc, it does take some time to calm down and feel better.  I can relate. 

I hope you continue to get better today!

Yesh, I am getting close.  It is harder the lower I go.  I am trying to get the liquid alprazolam so I can use the pills and liquid as it is getting to be too much getting these pills small enough.  The pharmacy is having a problem getting it for some reason.  Another learning curve but I will figure it all out!!

Love you and I continue to pray for you!!

Just a tip, you may already know. When switching to liquid, the dose is generally a bit lower than the equivalent in a tablet. This is due to brand changes, and also, some of the medicine sticks to the dropper/syringe. Start with a small updose and see if it feels equivalent to your current tablet dose. Like all changes, it will need some tweaking.

Hope the pharmacy can get what you want.

:smitten:

Just a tip, you may already know. When switching to liquid, the dose is generally a bit lower than the equivalent in a tablet. This is due to brand changes, and also, some of the medicine sticks to the dropper/syringe. Start with a small updose and see if it feels equivalent to your current tablet dose. Like all changes, it will need some tweaking.

Hope the pharmacy can get what you want.

Thank you Baddove - I did not know that so I appreciate you letting me know.  It will be another learning curve but I will figure it out!  We are all learning too much about how to dose lol

I am more than likely at a lower dose than I think with cutting the pills like we are.  I am sure that these really small pieces do not have as much medicine in them and it is hard to get them exact.  Being lower is good but having symptoms isn't  It is a challenge for sure!!!

Thank you!  I hope you continue to feel better !!!!

Love and hugs,

Julia  :angel::smitten:

I have hit the part of a reduction which I really struggle with. The doses do not give me relief, and or paradox. It is very difficult. I have tried changing my dose in the past, but it never worked. This time I will just leave my doses as are. I may reduce number 2 a bit, but not yet. I have not been at the current dose very long.

When this hits, it really wears me down, hard. It tends to last at  least 3 days. Sometimes more, hopefully if I just leave everything as is, I can come out of this stabilized.

Will see how it goes.

I have hit the part of a reduction which I really struggle with. The doses do not give me relief, and or paradox. It is very difficult. I have tried changing my dose in the past, but it never worked. This time I will just leave my doses as are. I may reduce number 2 a bit, but not yet. I have not been at the current dose very long.

When this hits, it really wears me down, hard. It tends to last at  least 3 days. Sometimes more, hopefully if I just leave everything as is, I can come out of this stabilized.

Will see how it goes.

Hi Baddove,

I am so sorry this is so hard for you and on you!!  You deserve healing and to be well.

I think you are doing good to leave everything as is and hopefully that helps!!

I am thinking about you and praying for you every day!!!

Love you lots,

Julia  :hug::mybuddy::oXo::smitten:

I am actually feeling better with my am dose this morning than I have for the past week. Anxiety and overall acute wd is way down. Still in wd, that never ends, but I don't feel trashed and in distress.

Hopefully this continues, for the most part, and I can proceed and give this dose it's full 3 or so weeks, then make another small cut. No two days are ever the same, and I will have really bad days no matter where I am at, but this is encouraging.

My final dental torture is on the 24Th, once that is done, I will get some stress relief.

Additionally, hoping to get the personal very stressful issue resolved soon. That will take about 50 pounds of off of my chest.

Most of you have ben posting in the xanax threads, I do read through every other day or so. You will all remember I am missing part of my finger, and typing is hard. For any who read this, know that I am doing my best to keep up with you, and remain concerned and care very much about your process and state of being.

Hi Baddove,

I am glad to read that you are feeling better with your first dose today and that the anxiety and acute is way down!  I am glad for you!  I understand the WD always being there.  I am glad it is tolerable for you too!

I pray that you will be able to cut in 3 weeks and I hope that you will get some relief as you go lower in dose.  I am sure it is hard for you!  None of this has been easy for you at all.  I do not think it is easy for any of us who have been on this drug for a long time or a short time for that matter.  It just takes us who are on higher doses, longer and I do think there may be more damage to us but I believe we will all heal. 

I hope the dental work goes well and then that will be something you do not have to worry about.  I have been wanting to go for my routine dental cleaning but have not been able to due to the dizziness and off balance.  When I went last year, when in the chair, they of course lowered my head down and it took months for me to get over it so now I am fearful to go as it was a awful time and now that I am dealing with the dizziness and off balance daily, I believe it would make things worse.  It is bad enough as it is..

I am sorry you are still having to deal with the personal situation that is causing you so much stress.  I hope  it gets resolves so you can move on and not have to deal with the stress it is causing you!

I totally understand that you can not post every day due to your finger and I hope your finger continues to heal and that you will be able to use your finger freely soon.  I sure that it is hard not being able to do what you are used to doing.  Everyone understands that you are dealing with one hand right now.  We all appreciate that you post when you can.

Please take care of yourself.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Hey Uni - how are you?  I hope that you are continuing to feel better!!  You have also been though so much!!  I hope your functionality is getting better each day!!

Love and hugs,

I am actually feeling better with my am dose this morning than I have for the past week. Anxiety and overall acute wd is way down. Still in wd, that never ends, but I don't feel trashed and in distress.

Hopefully this continues, for the most part, and I can proceed and give this dose it's full 3 or so weeks, then make another small cut. No two days are ever the same, and I will have really bad days no matter where I am at, but this is encouraging.

My final dental torture is on the 24Th, once that is done, I will get some stress relief.

Additionally, hoping to get the personal very stressful issue resolved soon. That will take about 50 pounds of off of my chest.

Most of you have ben posting in the xanax threads, I do read through every other day or so. You will all remember I am missing part of my finger, and typing is hard. For any who read this, know that I am doing my best to keep up with you, and remain concerned and care very much about your process and state of being.

Just a thought...with your 5 yr "taper" which has resulted in a 50% updose, if you really want to get off, detox may be the best option, based on the track record.

Just a thought...with your 5 yr "taper" which has resulted in a 50% updose, if you really want to get off, detox may be the best option, based on the track record.

Keagan - this was suggested by you on August 3, 2021 on page 14 and was responded to that it is not an option.  I agree with Baddove that Detox is not safe or advised for benzo withdrawal.  This is not an option for everyone.  To me it would be another cold turkey and I would never want to go through something like that again.  That was 1000 times worse than tapering.

I feel encouragement and support is what is needed and I feel your post's are the opposite of that.  People do not need to read post that make them feel worse.  Just because someone has had to try more than one taper to get off the benzo's, does not mean they have failed.  Failing would be not trying at all.  We all have our own stories as to why we are on these meds and also why we have not completed a taper - or more than one taper.  Just my opinion.