Hallucinating

[12...]

I do not think that anything on this planet is embarrassing. Things happen, things exist, embarrassing means nothing to me.

If you did not experience these hallucinations before benzos I would say its a symptom of withdrawal. And I would not take new meds to fight it. If they persist I would personally try to find someone to help me cope without meds, too. Get well soon!

Fi,

Thank you for posting that help guide. Those are very easy steps that anyone can take if they start to feel anxious. As I get lower in my doses as my taper continues, I struggle more with anxiety. I will try these steps and see how they work for me.

Thanks again!

HM

Also my doctor is saying its a must for me to take medications for it,if not ,my intelligence is going to drop significantly because of hallucinations permanently,which i am scared of

It also sucks because NAC worked so well for me for the first week,now its the complete opposite,i take it and i feel my anxiety skyrocketing

123Ema,

:( I hate when that happens! That's what the Xanax did to me. It used to be my hero and then I hit the ceiling and it started CAUSING anxiety and insomnia. Sorry you had that experience with the NAC. I haven't tried it but don't know if I want to now, after your experience.

HM

Im still not clear on what your hallucinations are actually like?

Are you actually seeing aliens who are trying to abduct you?

Hearing them?  Or is it more like intrusive thoughts or fears that aliens are trying to get you?

Because in true schizophrenia the person does NOT recognize that it is not real. When they see things they can't tell the difference between what's real and what isn't. They feel as though they could talk to them or reach out and touch them. And quite often they don't even know that they were hallucinating. It ALL seems real to them. And they are paranoid and convinced that it is happening. Or sometimes they have psychosis episodes and don't even remember that they did, and have blank spaces of memory of it. And you usually cannot even convince them that these things are happening to them

SOOO.....the fact that you are AWARE of what you are feeling, and that you are even embarrassed about saying it makes me think NOT schizophrenia!!! You are aware of what's happening and know that you didn't have this before!

If it is more like intrusive thoughts, fears,images,or words, I happen to know that antipsychotics will work for that....but it doesn't mean you have schizophrenia. It only works because it slows your brain down.

So even though you said it helped....that may be why.

If it were me, I would have serious talks with my doctor AND I would get second opinions for sure!!!! There is a BIG difference between these things I have discussed.

having thoughts about aliens wanting to abduct you could be more like a delusion than a hallucination. Hallucination are seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, tasting things that aren't there, whereas unusual beliefs that come out of nowhere are more like delusions. Either way, it's probably BWD. It doesn't surprise me that an antipsychotic would help you. After all, BWD or not, it is still a form of psychosis. It will probably go away in time as your brain heals from the benzos.

Hope you are feeling better today :)

HM

Thank you guys for your responses.Im just scared,because my doctor is telling me that my intelligence is going to drop permanently if i allow myself stay like that without medications .Every time i get psychosis,my intelligence is going to drop.Thats what im scared about,so i take medications for them now temporarily

123Ema,

I don't blame you for taking the meds based on what your Dr. said and the fact that it helps.

Good luck with that. Maybe later on in your benzo withdrawal, you can taper off the AP (antipsychotic).

HM

So i am taking antipsychotics now, but i just started hallucinating again...on medications.. i dont know whats happening,why medications cant help

I am sorry you're struggling:( You could go up in your AP dose or just hang in there. Maybe contact your Dr. and let him/her know what you are experiencing. I hope it gets better for you.

Hugs,

HM

Hey,thank you ,yes i feel better,and now actually i feel the AP dose is too high for me,even though i did not increse it, so ill be reducing it.The side effect is that it makes you gain weight , which is so annoying..

123Ema,

I understand. I have to take an AP for bipolar and I gained 20 pounds. They are notorious for weight gain. I hope your reduction goes well. Trying to find the right dose to control symptoms and not gain weight can be hard.

HM

• 2 weeks later...
Also no one believes in it being a benzo withdrawal from my family.Everyone now thinks its necessary for me to take AP,because its definitelly not benzo WD anymore,but schizophrenia.Im confused about this aswell

I dont have history of shizophrenia before i took benzodiazepines.They were about aliens communicating with me and trying to abduct me,i thought they were possessing me and taking me over.Really pathetic but very scary

123Ema,

I am sorry you're still dealing with hallucinations/delusions. It is possible that you have SZ and that you coincidentally are WD'ing from benzo's at the same time. It's also possible that benzo WD is causing it. The only thing you can do is treat the symptoms and hope they get better. I hope you feel better soon, in any case. HM