Xanax withdrawal

[zu...]

Hello zumbaio,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!  Your use of xanax is quite short, this is in your favor in terms of tapering.  However, it's possible to reach a physical dependency even with short term use.

For those who have taken benzos long term, a slow and steady taper is recommended to allow the body to adjust to the dose reductions. You may be able to go a little faster, it will all depend on how you feel.

Normally, a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested. In your case, if it were me, I'd test the waters with a slightly larger reduction and see how my body reacts. The longer you stay on the drug, the stronger the propensity for dependence.

For people who have taken benzos for one month or less we suggest a quicker taper, perhaps a larger reduction. 

Are you feeling withdrawal between the doses? 

I'll give you a link to the Planning Your Withdrawal Board. You can ask questions of members and receive feedback.

Not everyone will have difficulty withdrawing from benzos, I hope your taper and recovery goes smooth and steady. We're here for you, to support and encourage you.  Let us know how we can help.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

pianogirl  :)

I take xanax for 1 month at 0.5 mg in the evening, how would you recommend to reduce it and stop it

Hello zumbaio. I am also a relatively short-term Xanax user (0.5mg for 2.5 months). I am doing a liquid micro taper that is comfortable for me (see my signature). I have minimal symptoms, can sleep at night, and am stable and functional through the day. I should be done with the taper (hopefully) in 8 weeks (4 more weeks to go).

I suggest that you find a tapering plan that you are comfortable with. I suggest that your tapering plan should not last longer than a month (since your usage was about a month). I suggest that you let your symptoms and your body guide you in this journey.

Darkarchon ,thank you

My tapering plan is the simplest for me. The math is easy for me and I find that liquid is easier to deal with. For e.g. 0.283mg equals to 28.3ml of the prepared solution. I got 2 syringes for free at the local pharmacy (one 10ml syringe and one 1ml syringe). I use an old jam jar to prepare the solution and pull out the needed amount with a syringe and mix it into a glass with some juice. It is working very well for me.

You can get more assistance here

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=163.0