Baylissa

[Me...]

There’s other people here and on her forum that were polydrugged and had ect and were in and out of hospital and are healed. Give urself a break healing. Talking like that about urself is very unkind. U aren’t dumb you are a victim of circumstance just like the rest of us.

You are such a special kind soul Shayna.  Bless your cotton socks. Xx

No I just don’t want anyone beating themselves up for being in this situation. We’ve all been thru enough. We don’t need to be bullying ourselves x that’s just nasty and we say no to bullies!  :D

Did post say Baylissa made them worse.  Was listening to radio taking to survivors of the Manchester bombing of the Ariana Grande concert. Said the best treatment for PTSD was EMDR or trauma targeted CBT so hopefully will help you. U

I’ll beat the inner bullies up. I’ll pop a tatt and open a can of woop ass on all our inner bullies.  :thumbsup:

Now I’m just being silly x

Just want healing to say nice things to herself. Like, I asked for help at a time in my life when I was struggling. I have been harmed by the drugs that were spose to help me. That is not my fault. It doesn’t make me a bad person. It’s ok.

Shayna, you’re such a wonderful soul!

I agree 110% with you. So someone said baylissa made them worse because they abstained from antidepressants?

Here’s the thing with that. I didn’t start healing until I was off all psych meds

So if it’s true wd....in order to get better I firmly believe you have to be med free. Just from my own experience. And often we get worse before better, so it’s possible this person was going to get worse regardless because that’s their path they have to take.

I think Baylissa’s message of we get better in time regardless is so comforting. I have had so much medical testing, so much hypochondria, to where I got to a place where I just needed to hear I’d get better and nothing else was wrong with me. Anyway, I love your input always Shayna. Tonight I’m feeling PMS’y but not symptomatic!! Just crying a lot more than usual and feeling uptight :) super weird to have PMS because usually my symptoms are so strong they supersede pms and I never notice it. But I am now!

The person I’m referring to removed their post. But it was implied that baylissa nearly killed that person with her advice. I’m only assuming that perhaps because of her they didn’t go on medication that maybe ended up helping them. I don’t know the back story I didn’t ask. I didn’t respond because I didn’t want to start something..I’m certainly very sorry for that persons journey but to blame baylissa is just not on. Would that person blame any other therapist if a therapy didn’t work? For example I’m currently seeing a therapist to get EMDR for ptsd. I am hopeful it will help but if it doesn’t I’m not going to say the therapist is shit coz she couldn’t cure me. Perhaps my ptsd needs a different therapy to unlock it.

I don’t know it just grinds my gears when people say things like that. She’s a lovely lady with a heart of gold regardless of weather u think talking to her will help or not. I needed to talk to her, I did and it made me feel better knowing I’d spoken to someone who had been thru it and spoken to hundreds of other people going thru it. But on the flip side I get that some people think it’s pointless coz we get that advice here for free. That’s true too.

I can only go by my personal experience of ads and they only made things worse for me. I feel the most sane since all this started right now, on next to no medication. I felt like I was going to lose my mind when I was on ads. So I guess that’s why I’m team baylissa because I’m so much better off, just like u meganz xx

Omg girl are we syncing up right now? Oh yeah look out it’s shark week next week so we are gunna be grumpy  :laugh:

Sending u a big hug tho I’m sorry ur feeling teary honey x god pms doesn’t ever make me that soft and lovely I turn into the Incredible Hulk  :laugh:

Sorry boys for the girl talk haha

Rant over x carry on!

*Bay has counciled over 8,000 people.

Hope the EMDR  helps it's worth a try at least? You are right about beating yourself up. I'm starting think must be bad person otherwise why else would  your own family s**t on you!! But it is the benzos making us feel like that I think.

Shayna, you’re such a wonderful soul!

I agree 110% with you. So someone said baylissa made them worse because they abstained from antidepressants?

Here’s the thing with that. I didn’t start healing until I was off all psych meds

So if it’s true wd....in order to get better I firmly believe you have to be med free. Just from my own experience. And often we get worse before better, so it’s possible this person was going to get worse regardless because that’s their path they have to take.

I think Baylissa’s message of we get better in time regardless is so comforting. I have had so much medical testing, so much hypochondria, to where I got to a place where I just needed to hear I’d get better and nothing else was wrong with me. Anyway, I love your input always Shayna. Tonight I’m feeling PMS’y but not symptomatic!! Just crying a lot more than usual and feeling uptight :) super weird to have PMS because usually my symptoms are so strong they supersede pms and I never notice it. But I am now!

The person I’m referring to removed their post. But it was implied that baylissa nearly killed that person with her advice. I’m only assuming that perhaps because of her they didn’t go on medication that maybe ended up helping them. I don’t know the back story I didn’t ask. I didn’t respond because I didn’t want to start something..I’m certainly very sorry for that persons journey but to blame baylissa is just not on. Would that person blame any other therapist if a therapy didn’t work? For example I’m currently seeing a therapist to get EMDR for ptsd. I am hopeful it will help but if it doesn’t I’m not going to say the therapist is shit coz she couldn’t cure me. Perhaps my ptsd needs a different therapy to unlock it.

I don’t know it just grinds my gears when people say things like that. She’s a lovely lady with a heart of gold regardless of weather u think talking to her will help or not. I needed to talk to her, I did and it made me feel better knowing I’d spoken to someone who had been thru it and spoken to hundreds of other people going thru it. But on the flip side I get that some people think it’s pointless coz we get that advice here for free. That’s true too.

I can only go by my personal experience of ads and they only made things worse for me. I feel the most sane since all this started right now, on next to no medication. I felt like I was going to lose my mind when I was on ads. So I guess that’s why I’m team baylissa because I’m so much better off, just like u meganz xx

Omg girl are we syncing up right now? Oh yeah look out it’s shark week next week so we are gunna be grumpy  :laugh:

Sending u a big hug tho I’m sorry ur feeling teary honey x god pms doesn’t ever make me that soft and lovely I turn into the Incredible Hulk  :laugh:

Sorry boys for the girl talk haha

Rant over x carry on!

*Bay has counciled over 8,000 people.

Thanks to the idiot's implication we no longer have Bay. If this was their goal, they won, Baylissa quit. She would never give advice such as to tell someone whether or not to take an asprin much less and antidepressant.. She would not tell someone to or not to take an antidepressant. The person that blames Baylissa for their problem needs to get on here and retract their statement as well as apologize. What they have done may well cost other's their lifeline as they need support.

Do not assume Shayna 77. Never repeat a word unless you are 100% certain about it.

[08...]

Jaytay tapered his benzo until March of 2020 and after they were off went on Zoloft and gabapentin and it helped them.  I am glad it worked for them.  Many others have tried after being off meds to add AD’s and it was not successful and then had to taper off the AD.  But to come on this site and tell others they need medication without knowing the whole story is not right either and that was what Jaytay did.  Which they promptly removed.  Remember opinions are like buttholes we all got one!

Jaytay tapered his benzo until March of 2020 and after they were off went on Zoloft and gabapentin and it helped them.  I am glad it worked for them.  Many others have tried after being off meds to add AD’s and it was not successful and then had to taper off the AD.  But to come on this site and tell others they need medication without knowing the whole story is not right either.  Remember opinions are like buttholes we all got one!

No member should be in business of telling other members to take up meds or quit meds. This even applies to the use of benzodiazepines. We are here to support members in whatever decision they take (in consulation wit their doctors) regarding their use of benzodiazeines (or any other medicine). This is why our Mission Statement reads:

BenzoBuddies: an inclusive, nonjudgmental mutual-support environment for those who wish to withdraw from benzodiazepines.

Members of the BenzoBuddies community are encouraged to exchange ideas, information and support during the process of withdrawal and recovery.

Although outside of the immediate scope of BenzoBuddies, members are free to discuss their wider medical problems and needs as they relate to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal.

Taking or quitting any medicine—including benzodiazepines—should be a personal decision made in consultation with a suitably qualified medical practitioner.

Through a peer-support model, we strive to help members achieve their goals.

In no way intended by my comment that baylissa told any person not to take medication because I know she doesn’t do that. What I meant by my post that I should have clarified is that I assumed that perhaps that person assumed that they should not take medication because of the power of being told you will heal (and perhaps they would without medication given enough time) and perhaps because of other people’s stories of not healing until they came off meds that they thought they too shouldn’t be medicated. I know some people have underlying issues or they are dealing with very strong symptoms that they cannot go any further with some sort of pharmaceutical help. Some people aren’t able to wait for healing to come as the suffering is too great.

We all need to make the decision what is best for ourselves. This is a dreadful situation for all us of and we are just trying to survive.

I truly hope that my comments made in the muddled mind of someone wd from Valium have not offended anyone but especially Baylissa. She has been very kind to me.

I am glad jaytay got the help he needs. I hope he has happiness moving forward.

Again I never meant to offend and am so sorry if I did x

I just was so frustrated by seeing so many posts with classic ocd symptoms and wanted to make sure people know that SSRI’s and ERP therapy are the gold standard for ocd treatment.

It shows genuine care on your part to want to inform and alert other people of this.  But if the OCD symptoms (or any other category of symptoms) are a direct result of the "benzo injury", they often disappear or almost disappear once the injury has completely healed.  A good test of a preexisting condition is what one's symptoms were like prior to benzo tolerance/withdrawal.  It's very possible you went on medications prematurely and would have healed in a similar time frame without them.  The gabapentin, particularly, has the ability to alleviate benzo withdrawal symptoms, and will require an eventual taper of its own.  It's really impossible to say whether your symptoms were alleviated by any of the medications you're on and/or the therapies you've received.  But I also recognize your admission that everyone must decide for him/herself.  I think the reason Baylissa and the other benzo coaches like to see people avoid using medications is because they've seen so many cases of "mental disorders" that were not authentic during recovery from a benzo injury.  It's just that it can take years for recovery to become apparent.  What I've seen on these forums over the years is people in withdrawal feel they've acquired some profound new mental disorder, or their preexisting disorder is far more severe than ever before, only to find their symptoms finally abate, if they can hold on for as long as that takes.  I still enjoyed hearing your success story, regardless of the circumstances.

Peace,

Jeff

Jaytay tapered his benzo until March of 2020 and after they were off went on Zoloft and gabapentin and it helped them.  I am glad it worked for them.  Many others have tried after being off meds to add AD’s and it was not successful and then had to taper off the AD.  But to come on this site and tell others they need medication without knowing the whole story is not right either and that was what Jaytay did.  Which they promptly removed.  Remember opinions are like buttholes we all got one!

False. That is NOT what JayTay0 did, and she didn't remove the post, admins did. Read Colin's link above, and you will find that JayTay0's original thread was restored, and the admins sided with her.

Let me quote from Colin's thread

The above introduction, expressing Frederick's reasons for joining the forum were clearly disingenuous. Honesty and transparency are very important qualities for a counsellor and these were lacking. She then went on (in another post) to address specific comments from JayTay0. Although she did not name her, Frederick's use of quotations within the same thread did in indeed identify JayTay as the author of the quoted material. This public action, directly addressing JayTay was a very problematic action to take by a practicing psychotherapist. And all the more so given that Frederick was knowingly addressing, and in public a former client. Frankly, the Team and I are appalled.

The thread created by JayTay0 was very productive and useful. All participants had been respectful of each other, engaged genuinely and expressed empathy. It was a model discussion. That is, until Baylissa Frederick added her comments.

The Admins and I have decided to return the entire thread (from which the two quotes appear) to the forum with no redactions.

Although there is no legal requirement to do so, but given that Frederick practices independently, I would have expected that she was registered with one of the national professional organisations. I have checked the databases of both BACP and UKCP, but she appears in neither. I have also checked her 'About Me' page at her website - she references no professional affiliation, supervision, or any oversight of her practice.

You made false accusations about JayTay0 in a now deleted thread where you referred to her as a troll and blamed her for Baylissa pulling back on her services. For someone who posts "If you can’t say something nice say nothing at all." in their sig, you should try practicing what you preach.

Admins are 100% behind JayTay0 and had quite a few crticisms of Baylissa. 

In no way intended by my comment that baylissa told any person not to take medication because I know she doesn’t do that. What I meant by my post that I should have clarified is that I assumed that perhaps that person assumed that they should not take medication because of the power of being told you will heal (and perhaps they would without medication given enough time) and perhaps because of other people’s stories of not healing until they came off meds that they thought they too shouldn’t be medicated. I know some people have underlying issues or they are dealing with very strong symptoms that they cannot go any further with some sort of pharmaceutical help. Some people aren’t able to wait for healing to come as the suffering is too great.

We all need to make the decision what is best for ourselves. This is a dreadful situation for all us of and we are just trying to survive.

I truly hope that my comments made in the muddled mind of someone wd from Valium have not offended anyone but especially Baylissa. She has been very kind to me.

I am glad jaytay got the help he needs. I hope he has happiness moving forward.

Again I never meant to offend and am so sorry if I did x

You didn't say anything wrong, Shayna. No need to apologize for a perceived offense you didn't make, The comments were made by others. Colin was adressing one of those people.

You have been nothing but supportive and it amazes me that you can do what you do with being so sleep-deprived. People are free to utilize Baylissa if they choose, for JayTay0, she never benefitted. She sought help elsewhere, found the source of her problems, and got the treatment she needed. I think by now it's no secret that Paxia and I are not Baylissa fans. I was on the fence, but picked a side (no Baylissa) and am sticking with it. Baylissa's reply to JayTay0 in the restored thread, and the whole gang-up on JayTay0 cemented my decision.

I'm glad you , others, and Meganz have found Baylissa to be helpful. But I could never be comfortable with her, and can't afford her anyway. I'm lucky Delaware has lots of programs, due to our Lt Governer being very pro mental health and drug addiction. I qualify for these services and my insurance pays for it. My Peer support person is helping me a lot, she C/T'd off of a benzo addiction. She has been great, and I'm sure what I'm getting from her is what I'd likely get from Baylissa. But not everybody has this kind of help, Baylissa may be a necessity for those desperate to talk to a fellow survivor and in need of that support. And that's okay.

As one person (stereotokyo) replied in one of the deleted and not restored threads, "Baylissa is not for everybody". 

Lottie I did say on the other thread that trolls have made baylissa take her supports away. But I never said jaytay was the cause of that. I hadn’t read his/her thread until it was put back on the forum and I didn’t see the name on the post I was referring to when I said it was removed.  I was speaking generally as baylissa has had other threats over the years.

Thanku for saying that tho. Sometimes my brain doesn’t work well and I speak before I think. Sleep deprivation does that to you x but I’ve learnt my lesson and I certainly won’t assume in future.

I am so glad u have so much support in ur area and especially that you have a peer support person that has first hand experience in benzo wd. With that in mind you certainly will be getting the same support as baylissa offers. Really all we need is validation that what is happening to us is not in our heads but sustained from Benzos, and unfortunately for most of us we don’t have access to that unless we talk to baylissa. I have found her and her website helpful but I respect everyone’s opinions and that includes urs and paxia. I also believe that if people feel they need to be medicated to get thru this then that’s what they should do. I had a terrible experience on ads, but a lot of people are helped by them. And I’m so happy for those who are helped by them. It’s wonderful.

I’m taking medication to help in my struggle sleeping. I take antihistamines. So it’s the same thing... I take antihistamines for sleep, others take ant depressants for ocd/depress/anxiety. We all need help sometimes and it’s okay.

I’m just glad jaytay is doing better. This suffering is just awful and I am always glad to read that someone is doing better, no matter what form that comes in x

Thanks to the idiot's implication we no longer have Bay. If this was their goal, they won, Baylissa quit. She would never give advice such as to tell someone whether or not to take an asprin much less and antidepressant.. She would not tell someone to or not to take an antidepressant. The person that blames Baylissa for their problem needs to get on here and retract their statement as well as apologize. What they have done may well cost other's their lifeline as they need support.

Do not assume Shayna 77. Never repeat a word unless you are 100% certain about it.

Maybe you should follow the advice you gave Shayna, because the person in question did not do what they have been accused off. Don't believe me? Read Colins post and the restored thread by JayTay0 which tells what really happened. I agree with Colin's criticism of Baylissa with regards to that thread, Baylissa created her own problems and has no one to blame but herself for quitting. Though I understood from Shayna's now-deleted thread that she hasn't quit, she simply chose to pull back on some of her services, this was confirmed by a few on that thread. The person in question is not to blame for Baylissa's decisions. There is a reason why the admins are supporting that person, found they did nothing wrong, but had plenty to crticize about Baylissa'a posts. Don't ass-u-me without getting all the facts.

[08...]

BenzoLottie you might want to read the other thread where I exchanged messages with jaytay and others on this topic before you go off the rails, putting words in people’s mouths.  Jaytay and I can speak for ourselves.  We don’t need others to do this and stir this up.

Have a great night. 

Lottie I did say on the other thread that trolls have made baylissa take her supports away. But I never said jaytay was the cause of that. I hadn’t read his/her thread until it was put back on the forum and I didn’t see the name on the post I was referring to when I said it was removed.  I was speaking generally as baylissa has had other threats over the years.

Thanku for saying that tho. Sometimes my brain doesn’t work well and I speak before I think. Sleep deprivation does that to you x but I’ve learnt my lesson and I certainly won’t assume in future.

I am so glad u have so much support in ur area and especially that you have a peer support person that has first hand experience in benzo wd. With that in mind you certainly will be getting the same support as baylissa offers. Really all we need is validation that what is happening to us is not in our heads but sustained from Benzos, and unfortunately for most of us we don’t have access to that unless we talk to baylissa. I have found her and her website helpful but I respect everyone’s opinions and that includes urs and paxia. I also believe that if people feel they need to be medicated to get thru this then that’s what they should do. I had a terrible experience on ads, but a lot of people are helped by them. And I’m so happy for those who are helped by them. It’s wonderful.

I’m taking medication to help in my struggle sleeping. I take antihistamines. So it’s the same thing... I take antihistamines for sleep, others take ant depressants for ocd/depress/anxiety. We all need help sometimes and it’s okay.

I’m just glad jaytay is doing better. This suffering is just awful and I am always glad to read that someone is doing better, no matter what form that comes in x

No you didn't name JayTay0 in particular, you simply said "trolls" which could be several (unknown) people. But  Givemehope68 specifically accused JayTay0 of trolling and spreading misinformation about what JayTay0 said in a now deleted thread you started about Baylissa.

Antihistamines, as I'm sure you found out, poop out after a while. People rotate the OTC ones, prescription (at least here in the US) Vistaril works great, but it also poops out. I had hopes for Topomax, but I had way too many side effects that only got worse, though sleep was good. My Provider put me back on 300 mg Gabapentin for sleep, which I'll wean off of sometime after getting off this evil benzo. I've talked to several BB members who used it for sleep and had no problems weaning off of it. It's not perfect, sleep is sometimes broken, but it gives me something. With my physical disabilities I just cannot go without sleep. I would end up an invalid. I struggle to function as it is. Do any of the antihistamines work for you?

[08...]
BenzoLottie you need to read the other thread, it was settled.  Give it a rest!  And do not put us in a group my posts are all still there people can read my posts.  Jaytay did delete the posts he even says the reasons .  I never called him a troll you are out of control.

BenzoLottie you might want to read the other thread where I exchanged messages with jaytay and others on this topic before you go off the rails, putting words in people’s mouths.  Jaytay and I can speak for ourselves.  We don’t need others to do this and stir this up.

Have a great night.

You're the one that stirred this up with your false allegations, starting right in this thread. I see that you have seen the restored post with what JayTay0 actually said, and that you are now (apparently) understanding where JayTay0 was coming from. And I didn't put words in anybody's mouths, nor am I going off the rails. I'm just correcting your false allegations, and I'm done because there is nothing else to correct because now you've seen the thread and know the truth. At the time I made my replies here, I did not know you posted there, can't be in two places at the same time.

[08...]

That was 4 hours ago  You have no idea what your talking about and I don’t hide and post on different threads.  You are talking out your ass!  STFU you really are not correcting false anything as you are not a mod or admin.  I read the whole thing before responding in both threads.  But you didn’t  I am done goodnight. 

Admin please lock this thread as others can read on both threads what was said and deleted.  Thank you.

You think admins are going to lock this because you ask? If you have a problem with it then use the mod notification button. Colin reinstated it for a reason.

[08...]

Admin please lock this thread as others can read on both threads what was said and deleted.  Thank you.

You think admins are going to lock this because you ask? If you have a problem with it then use the mod notification button. Colin reinstated it for a reason.

That’s how it works people report post and people just like I am reporting you.

[fc...]