Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Cats Cats Cats!

[De...]

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [De...]

• [Gl...]

• [Ga...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Deanna, those UTI's in cats really get them down.  I know how painful UTI's are since I used to get them, too.  I'm glad Willie is over it and doing better now.  A cat having a good appetite is so very good.  I miss my Lily so much that I can't even cry about it.

Oh Becks I'm so sorry you are grieving so hard  :'(  Our pets are really family members and we love them just as much.  Plus we get so much from them in terms of unconditional love and companionship.  Of course you miss her.  You loved her  :smitten:

Thanks, so much, you all for your concern for my kitty.  She's doing fine.  The vet said I could give her Gabapentin until her appointment.  She gets the munchies about 30 minutes after she takes it.  It's nice to see her eating heartily. 

Deanna2020, I'm so glad your kitty is doing better.  That's such great news. 

Thank you Becksblue and Gardenia.  You're all awesome.

I was kind of afraid to come back here after spilling my kitty drama.  I've been praying and praying for her and feel she'll be fine. 

Yes Becks, Gabapentin...weird, huh?  Seems like all human pain relievers are toxic to cats, but Gabapentin is fine.  She's a cheap drunk, Lol, so I have to dump half the capsule out.

Would you ever consider adopting an older kitty, Becks?  I can't imagine being without a kitty now.

Maybe it would make things worse for you.  But it might be a distraction from the grief.  Kitty grief is the worst.  I'm SO sorry.

I'll never have another pet ever.  Lily was the last.  I miss her so much and wish I could pet her head and ears and scratch under her chin again and run my hand down back and tail and hug her.  She was the most perfect cat and no other cat will come close.  One month since she's been dead now.  I'm so devastated.  I kiss the rose on the top of the box her ashes come in at night to make me feel like I'm kissing her.  I'll never get over losing her.  I can't even take care of myself now hardly let alone having another cat.  I'm extremely unwell.

I hear you, Becksblue, and I understand.  Losing my l3 year old kitty in 2016 was the most devastating time, even worse than losing my dad and sister.  I know how weird that must sound.  I'm still now over her, but it gets better with each month and year. Kitties are truly our children.  I'll remember you in my prayers, Becks.  I pray the Lord will comfort you and give you strength.  I truly feel for you.  :hug:

I lost my tabby cat when 2 dogs came into the yard and grabbed her. She was about 12 or 13 yr old. I don't know where she came from, she just showed up one day and we kept her. She loved kids. We had her for years, she slept in the house at night but loved being in yard during the day.

Now, at the new place a tabby cat shows up everyday, he has a chewed up ear, he looks old, I hope nothing happens to him. I will never let Paddy out, too many bad things happen to cats.

:'(

I was just aching in bed last wishing Lily was there lying beside me.  I was crying and imaging petting her head and rubbing her ears with my fingers and scratching under her chin and feeling her soft fur.  It's devastating, and I don't think I'll ever get over it.  Just tonight I threw out all her vet info. and vaccine record and rabies tag and whited out the folder and put the folder someplace else.

I can imagine what you must be going through, and I'm so sorry.  It will get better, but it takes some time.  Time is your friend as far as grief.  Someday you'll be able to go days without feeling sad.  I know it feels like that day will never come, but it will.  And even in a few months it will be better than now.  :hug:

Thanks, Glitter.  I know that Lily is in heaven and also here with me in the spirit.  And when I die, I'll be able to see her again in heaven and pet her and goe for walks with her and we'll both be healthy and well, so that will be good.

Yeah, I've looked forward to someday seeing my pets in heaven.  It will be so awesome.  Is Lily your profile photo, and was she Siamese?  My kitty that died in 2016 was Siamese.  I love Siamese (I love all cats).  The vet believes it was a vaccine that caused her cancer.  It was heart-wrenching watching her get worse for a year.  Maybe you're lucky you didn't have to go through that.  But You also didn't get much time to say goodbye to Lily.

Yes, that's Lily in my avatar and she was a blue-point Siamese.  I'm going to die soon anyway, so I'll see her in heaven.

[c3...]

I love my cats so much! I started with two Ragdolls because my son is allergic to all other breeds (otherwise I would rescue all the way). One died of a heart condition, so I had to get him a friend. Well, my grandmother decided that I couldn't adopt just one, so she got my kids two! One loves for me to make him a tent with my covers!

Then, a cat showed up on my back porch begging to be let in. He has turned out to be the most loving cat I have ever met. I have been miserable over the past two weeks especially (well for a long time but he just discovered us during my past wave) This guy has laid on my chest, snuggling and "hugging" me all day long. I never thought I'd find a cat this loving, but here he is! He doesn't seem to have a family anymore :-( so we have taken him in. I never thought I'd have 4 cats!

I love dogs too and hope to get a Frenchie rescue one day. But dogs are so high maintenance - cats are perfect. You can find them and love them, sometimes they find you and love you, and everyone can have some space if they want.

fluffernutter123 (my favorite username so far, Lol)  Wow, 4 cats!!!  That's awesome!  The same happened to me.  I only meant to have 2 cats, but a homeless teenage male walked through my pet door and stayed almost 5 years ago.  He's a problem-child, since he was obviously abused.  I love him so much.

I have been suffering nonstop since I got off the benzo's over 8 years ago and my body is breaking down.  My nervous system is damaged and it's killing me.  I stop breathing when I'm sleeping and wake up gasping. 

I'm so sorry for your suffering, and I know you're in hell right now. :'(  I'm like you.  It seems like my nervous system is beyond repair.  For so long I kept thinking I was going to die, but I keep living, Lol.  Do you think you might have Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/CFS?  I joined some ME/CFS Facebook groups, and the symptoms are exactly what I experience.  Maybe you could relate to it too.  It really affects the CNS. 

Glitter, I was diagnosed on Jan. 22 by my MD doc with Lupus Encephalitis.  My brain is swollen inside my skull which explains all the bad head pressure all the time.  Nothing they can do about it either.  Maybe you could start a thread about your ME/CFS and I could post about my encephalitis on there since this is a cat thread?

Back to cats

I finally took my kitty to the vet today, and she has a gum infection.  She got antibiotic and steroid shots.  In a couple of weeks she gets her teeth cleaned, and then I'll know if she needs a tooth pulled.  It's a huge relief that it's nothing worse.  :)

I hope all your kitties are doing well.

glitter, did your cat get the Convenia antibiotic shot?  I hope it works for her.  I used to feed Lily dry food and keep it out in a bowl all the time and I think it helped to clean her teeth.  I used to feed her both wet and dry food each day.