Beware sinister food additive

[Wa...]

Thank You Wa Sappening for answering my post. I buy dark chocolate with raisins and almonds and eat about 4 small squares at a time which I've just finished.  ;) Reading this post reminded me and it gives me some energy as I'm so tired all the time. I haven't worked my way up to the 70% coco one yet but have eaten some when my daughter bought it.

I started buying only dark choclate easter bunnies for Easter which I have to go out and do. Soooooooooo tired, even after sleeping all night.

Frannie

Hi Frannie,

That is more than tiredness, it's chronic fatigue and is physically and soul destroying but it WILL lift. I had it too when putting one foot in front of another was a chore. Tasks seemed insurmountable and it verged on dysphoria at times. It's the benzo for sure.

MSG and Aspartame whatever name it goes by are brutal.  the former gives me a headache and the latter a racing heartbeat.

• 3 weeks later...
I also made the Aspartame connection with w/d symptoms flaring up.  Found out that some cinnamon flavored gums don't have it, like Stride Sweet Cinnamon and Trident White cinnamon.  Also some of the brands in other flavors in the Health food store don't contain it.

Good one perseverance and that makes you one of the enlightened. For anyone else I will post this link for shock horror value

http://www.dorway.com/badnews.html

Symptoms are so alike it is very hard for the uninformed to differentiate between aspartame and benzo withdrawal symptoms. The scary part of aspartame is the permanent long term issue. Read the clinical study report title and summary at the end of this download http://u.voizle.com/qeir

• 8 years later...

Diet soda contains pheneline (sp). Vanilla ice cream contains guar gum. Both make me feel crappy afterwards. I find though if I get "natural" vanilla ice cream that only has 3 ingredients it's fine.

Becky :smitten:

• 1 month later...