Last ditch insomnia cure worked for me ... yoga.

[c5...]

[c5...]

I've tried nearly everything out there for insomnia and I was resistant to yoga because ... well, for lots of reasons but the main one was I was too lazy to try it.  Early in the summer I spent some very long nights awake and in desperation, I tried yoga.  Know what?  It has turned out to be the single best non-drug sleep remedy I have ever tried and it rivals just about any drug/supplement I've ever used!

Anyway, here is a link to a gentle chair yoga practice that is one of my favorites.  You don't even have to get on the floor to do it:

Hope this helps someone.

Kate    :thumbsup:

Kate08, thank you for the link. I will give it a try because my insomnia is still going very strong, after soon 3 years off of clonazepam and almost five  off of Ambien.  I  rarely drink alcohol, exercise, eat right, and follow all of the sleep hygiene guidelines, but here I am, still sleeping so very little.

I've tried standing and in the bed yoga and Tai chi, but my insomnia did not improve.  I'll give the chair a try.

NG

I started yoga 5 years ago while in the middle of acute withdrawal and kept at it ever since. I can't really say that it helped with my insomnia, but there sure have been other benefits from it. Due to the pandemic I had to stop going to my classes, but soon discovered that my instructors taught me enough to put my own routine together and I have been practicing it 3 times a week. Motion is lotion for the joints.

alohafromhawai, I'm glad you are keeping up with the yoga. Three times a week is very good.  Yes, motion is lotion.  I'm going to give the chair yoga a try.

I've always been a mover, but knowing the right moves is important.

Right now I am doing PT for my knee and my wrist. The knee PT has been successful. I'm hoping for the same results with the therapy for DeQuervain's tenosynovitis. Meh, it's no fun getting old.

That's really good! I would like to get more working tips on insomnia here. I have such an issue too, and it is bothering me so much. Maybe some supplements like those from Canadian Pharmacy Online might help? What do you think about them, guys? I would appreciate any input here

That's really good! I would like to get more working tips on insomnia here. I have such an issue too, and it is bothering me so much. Maybe some supplements like those from Canadian Pharmacy Online might help? What do you think about them, guys? I would appreciate any input here

Jadev,

If you add a signature we will better understand your insomnia and perhaps offer some advice.