PG as Solvent do you let the pill whole soak for a bit in PG then add water?

[no...]

I can't remember now  :-\ but regarding  using PG as a Solvent for Diazepam, PG do you let the pill whole  soak for a bit in PG  then add water? If  so how long? And does this then make a Solution or a suspension?

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:

Crushing the pill a bit would decrease the required time and increase the efficiency.  I'd give it a good 5 minutes with gentle agitation.  A nice uniform slurry/gel is desirable before adding the water.

Crushing the pill a bit would decrease the required time and increase the efficiency.  I'd give it a good 5 minutes with gentle agitation.  A nice uniform slurry/gel is desirable before adding the water.

Hi Ref  :hug: Has it absolutely got to be crushed? pushing down even gently is agony( typing  :D) I have severe nerve pain.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Probably not, but it will take longer for the pill/drug to dissolve and go into solution.

It's fine to just let it soak in alcohol or PG, then crush/mix it up.

At the testing lab, we crush pills with a hammer.  We put the pill(s) in a baggie, then gently pound it 2-3 times.  Then we pour the powdered pill out and weigh it.