When to start tapering?

[2c...]

As you can see from the info in my signature I have been tapering, with a long hold, for years . In February of this year I was stable at 0.25mg Ativan in a.m (4 a.m.) and 0.25 p.m (9 p.m.)I had a back/hip issue (unrelated I think) ramp up with a lot of pain and I went back up to 0.5 mg a.m & p.m.  with an occasional 0.5 in midday to deal with that.  I am now NOT stable at all.  It was like overnight that symptoms shot up. I don’t know why . Even when I take my scheduled dose it doesn’t seem to alleviate symptoms.  I want to continue tapering because I hate this stuff.  I don’t know if I should try to ride this out or continue tapering. I just bought a scale to micro taper from here on out. I am having panic attacks, muscle twitches and stiffness and feeling loss of control plus more.  Losing it!  It’s really bad.  I’ve never had symptoms this bad before. Any suggestions?

It sounds like your body is telling you the time is right to get off of the Ativan.  I see you used to take .5 mgs Ativan 4 times a day so you've been successful tapering before, if the symptoms were too much for you it's probably good you're going to do this slowly. 

Lorazepam comes in a concentrated liquid if you'd like to ask your Dr for that instead of making your own, or you could ask for a compounded liquid version from your Dr. https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/search.cfm?labeltype=all&query=LORAZEPAM

Thanks for the reply , Pamster.  It helped me .You spoke Of asking my doc about liquid Lorazapam. That’s a whole other issue and I actually posted it on the Withdrawal Support board.  The primary care doc I had quit practicing.  She was supportive. Haven’t found a new doc that is totally on board . Getting a little worried about refills. I think I will try dry tapering with the scale at this point. I do believe I can do this,most of the time, but my recent symptoms are the worst I’ve ever had.

Pamster, with a liquid lorazapam how concentrated does it come? Is it difficult to measure out a fractional dose? I haven’t read any info on that.

It looks like it comes in 2 mg per ml with a calibrated dropper, we may be able to help you figure out how to dilute it to make your reductions even smaller if needed.