Lorazepam withdrawl after 6 doses 1mg

[sa...]

• 3 months later...
Just wanted to update on my condition. Its been almost 7 months now since I stopped the medicine. The tremors varied from very mild to mild since my last post, and they are now at a stage where I can feel it when I am quiet but usually doesnt bother me. Its more noticeable when I had caffeine a couple times and when I wake up from sleep in the middle of night. All of a sudden, I developed a low frequency tinnitus in my left ear since the past 10 days. It feels like something is humming in my ear all the time. The tinnitus I had on withdrawl was so different and it only lasted a month or so. Wondering if this is from the medicine at all. Most of the time, I feel positive I will recover completely, but at times I feel a little disheartened. Also because I am a highly sensitive person to start with, the medicine could have affected me so easily. Just posting here for some support, I guess I want to hear it will be ok.

It's really common for symptoms to come and go, morph into others and then leave so don't be discouraged.  Overall you sound pretty good, but I know it's discouraging because you get your hopes up then it all comes crashing in again.  Tinnitus is a really common symptom and for many it's the last to leave so this could be the drugs last lingering bit of misery to you before you recover fully.

Don't be disheartened, you're doing great because 7 months is pretty early for most of our members and you're far ahead of many of them.  :thumbsup:

That's what it seems like. 3 months ago, orthostatic hypotension suddenly came on out of nowhere. I would feel dizzy upon standing up, was so tired and sleepy all the time. But it kind of got better on its own after a month. So hoping it would be the same with the tinnitus. Thank you for the positive words Pamster. Yes, I feel pretty good in general otherwise.

Well I'm glad that nasty symptom left, that one sounds kind of scary, I'm sure glad it left.

I'm so happy you can see the good, when I was where you are my mind wouldn't let me see it and I didn't keep track of my symptoms so I believed the lies the stupid drug was telling me that I was never going to get better.  You're doing really well, you can see improvement.

This was the only time I took Lorazepam 1mg, that too just under a month. I would just socially drink before taking benzos, but never after quitting benzos. Maybe just one light beer a month ago.

Well I'm glad that nasty symptom left, that one sounds kind of scary, I'm sure glad it left.

I'm so happy you can see the good, when I was where you are my mind wouldn't let me see it and I didn't keep track of my symptoms so I believed the lies the stupid drug was telling me that I was never going to get better.  You're doing really well, you can see improvement.

Thank you Pamster. How are you doing now? Are you completely recovered?

I've been recovered since 2008 and I'm doing great.  Once I declared myself healed I never had a setback or anything even remotely close to a lingering symptom, all of this is just a memory with no power to hurt me, life is good for me and will be for you as well.  :thumbsup:

Great to hear that :) Really appreciate your support here.

Btw I just happened to read the post "What is happening in your brain by Parker" that you have linked on your profile, and it's just brilliant, absolutely brilliant.That explains why I have these intermittent symptoms, my body is probably healing that part of my body. I feel more peaceful after reading that post. Thank you.

I love that post too, she joined the forum after I left in 2011, I wish I'd been able to read it because it explains things in terms I can understand, Professor Ashtons manual was a bit too much for my cognitively challenged benzo brain back then.

I'm glad you're feeling more peaceful.  :)