Please help I want to change to liquid Clonazepam

[Le...]

Hi BB! I need advice in details to get the most accurate dose in my taper.

In my country I can get liquid Clonazepam but I don't know if it is better to put water first in a syringe then the Clonazepam drops and mix (shake) and then calculate the dose and put in a spoon... Or mix the water and drops of Clonazepam in a glass and then extract the liquid with a syringe...

Thanks

Leo

[9f...]
Are you going to be using the 0.5 mg per 5 ml stuff??  If so, you can probably do most (or all) of your taper using the liquid as it comes (without diluting in water).  It's not difficult to measure 4.95 ml, etcetera.

Hi badsocref.  The manufacturers don´t recommend to take it directly. 1ml = 25 drops = 2,5 mg Clonazepam, so I´ll use 2 or 3 drops only. Mix them in water.

[9f...]

OK. That's much more concentrated than the stuff I was familiar with.  No worries.

You're currently at 0.25 mg if I read your signature correctly.

If it was me, I'd dilute 5 drops (0.5 mg) into 50 ml of water.  Mix well, then drink some of that solution.  You can optionally drink more water after that if you wish. 

You'd start with 25 ml since you're at 0.25 mg.  As you taper down, you'd drink a little less.  The math is really simple.  25 ml is 0.25 mg.  24 ml is 0.24 mg.  23 ml is 0.23 mg, and so on...

It's a bit wasteful since you're throwing out half (or more) of it.  I don't know if you can store the leftovers in the fridge overnight or not and use the other half???  I chose 5 drops because I thought you could measure that more reproducibly than 3 drops, but if you're comfortable with 3 drops, then mix 3 drops with 30 ml of water instead of putting 5 drops in 50 ml.  You'd waste a lot less.

Hope this helps.

Thank you badsocref!  Yes, I,m at 0,25, had reached 0,125 but anxiety or Covid fear sxs or else I had to updose at 0.25 luckily no higher.

Your suggestion sounds good. First 5 drops into 50cc of water. Drinking 25cc.  The waste is no problem. Maybe if I get used to it I will use 3 or 2 drops if I can reach .2mg. But the fear of changing is present. I think it will be more accurate to micro taper.

Thanks again

Leo

• 3 months later...

hello!

I'm new on the forum, I just saw your post, I may be to late... If you live in the US (they don't do the liquid version of clonazepam either) People Rx pharmacy is compounding the clonazepam, at least here in Texas but I bet it's possible all around the US. So 1ml=0,25mg. It's lot more easy to taper that way.

You're almost there !  You did great !

I'm actually at 0,47 mg, still a long way to go but I'm doing it !

Armelle