No tolerance to stress

[d0...]

[d0...]

Today I waited for my husband to come home for being away for 4 days. I had have been really stressed out about that bc of monophobia and severe DR. I cant recognize him almost 24/7 atn i am in a wave. Going away in this state I am in made this even worse. It started right away this morning talking with him onthe phone and a panic attack came without warning. And after that my brain started to send silly thoughts about me not wanting him to come home again. It was racing all day long. Building up stronget and stronger panic in my head and body. When I heard the car outside my pulse went skyhigh 162 bpm and i have beatblockers...Took one extra earlier.

This was the worst stress moment ever during 32 months.

I took a long time for me to calm down. This has been the worst 96 hours in my life.  I am so messed up now. I got such an awful DP too during this time. I separated from my body. Was standing infront of me for a looooong time. Its lessen now but so scary. I cant handle stress not at all...

Just wanted to share my hellish tuesday.Btw my pulse is still high 117...not good its normal around 87-94 bpm

How do YOU cope with severe stress?

//Sundance

For what it's worth Sundance I can't handle stress either.

My daughter has schizophrenia and is incredibly needy.  Constant need.  No time for myself to get really well.  Seems I am trying to cope with her stuff as well as my own.  It's not possible, and have had to step back and hand over completely to her mental health team.  They tell me it's ok to do so.  Advised in fact.  Finding balance is hard. 

Still, knowing she is unwell even at a distance fills me with anxiety and concern for her wellbeing.  It's just awful.

I can barely fill my own needs, let alone another's.  I have found it to be simply impossible. 

Am getting some support from SANE Australia who assist both people with mental health diagnoses as well as their carers. 

Just want this thing to end. 

D x

Today I waited for my husband to come home for being away for 4 days. I had have been really stressed out about that bc of monophobia and severe DR. I cant recognize him almost 24/7 atn i am in a wave. Going away in this state I am in made this even worse. It started right away this morning talking with him onthe phone and a panic attack came without warning. And after that my brain started to send silly thoughts about me not wanting him to come home again. It was racing all day long. Building up stronget and stronger panic in my head and body. When I heard the car outside my pulse went skyhigh 162 bpm and i have beatblockers...Took one extra earlier.

I took a long time for me to calm down. This has been the worst 96 hours in my life.  I am so messed up now. I got such an awful DP too during this time. I separated from my body. Was standing infront of me for a looooong time. Its lessen now but so scary. I cant handle stress not at all...

Just wanted to share my hellish tuesday.Btw my pulse is still high 117...not good its normal around 87-94 bpm

//Sundance

your dog is sooo cute. just wanted to start with this:-)

I learned that even in these situations my brain needed these situations. Without what i called horrible stressful situations my brain did not heal. In fact I put myself under the worst pressure when I started to work again although I felt like crap. This was 2 years ago. It took my brain and body and psyche almost 2 years until working felt kind of normal again. But this was a milestone and I am so happy I hold on and did it. I had to buy additional clothing for work because I sweat so much and horribly that even after washing they still smelt.

But without this step I would still be housebound believing nothing would ever change.

It is normal, that you react in the most awful way to new situations. Everything has to be the worst - because the brain wants you to return to old pattern, which normally is saved under "safe". Anything new is "insecure" for the brain that's why it reacts like we freak out.

You have been there before. And then I have seen you running up a mountain, traveling and lot more. This is the proof that after the meltdown something changes for the better and I think this could be the case now as well. Don't overthink it, it happened, no judgement, and no one knows what good will come after that.

Yes?

Yes!

Hug

Marigold

He has been being horrible to you so it is not surprising you feel stressed at him coming home.

Also you have eaten different things you don’t normally eat while he was away - could that have made things worse?

[0c...]

//Sundance

When I allow myself go tailspin, I suffer during and for weeks after.  I now recognize when I feel stress or weird benzo stuff I have to check out no excuses.  Today I watched Crazy Rich Asians.  It helped...got a hair cut...bought a pair of shorts.  When I sit around I dont do as well mentally but physically I need the rest.  You will feel better soon.  Oh not kidding read Men are from Mars women are from Venus.  It helps me understand my boyfriend and we communicate really well as a result.  Sending love, take some deep breaths, get some good sleep

[d0...]

Thank you all for answer. He is cute my dog my best fury little friend and wingman. Who had said your best froend must be a human? ❤Yes Marigold you are right everything thats scary not safe triggers  (this ridiculus fear) is making me freak out. Today I am exhausted with extreme sxs. I know thos stressful situation will make me feel really bad for days. Ajusta. yes he had been treating me really bad. He makes me nervous I dont know what will happen next with him around. No DP ferling out of body like yesterday  today (yet)... My brain feels like its been run over by a train. Like Marigold said meltdown.

Deadwoodgone. I know how it is my daughter is a heroin addict I cant stand up for her. I dont have the strenght but she is an adult she is 28 years old. I feel bad about nor being able to help her as much as I wont to. But on the other hand she is active and usw drugs all the time. I will never ever accept that or help her when she is high.

Fierce lady. I take it easy today. Lay down in my bed. Having a cozy time with my dog. But the fear is laying there with me. It was gone and now its back. It started when my husband left me. I hope I will calm down now. I had read thar book but that wad years ago. Will read it again haha and let my husband read it too 😇

EDIT Sry for all words I have misspelled but I dont see proper. My vision is awful atm. And my glasses dont help. I do know hpw to spell...❤