What else could it be?

[...]

Good luck.  I like a natural, holistic approach to medicine and healing.  I hope you get some relief soon.  I feel your pain and know what it's like to be sleep deprived!

Wishing you sleep, health and healing!  :thumbsup:

Thank you. Definitely no meds for me. Doing all the self care stuff, which I neglect. Maybe it’ll help me rest. Take care.

Thanks, ThEwAy. I understand the basics of how it works. I don’t have racing thoughts, and don’t feel wired all the time. I feel fatigue during the day due to poor quality sleep. Could it be the glutamate waking me up every night at 3am? I’m just trying to understand why this specific thing is happening so I can possibly take steps to help myself get better sleep.

I absolutely need more sleep. I also need better quality sleep. Even 6 hours is not enough due to the poor quality. I cannot perform a job in my career due to the exhaustion and sleep deprivation.

I just saw this , when you say quality do you mean you don't reach deep sleep? bc thats what I feel as well even if I sleep more in the am hrs , I have weird dreams  don't feel rested

A couple of my sisters who never took a benzo in their life wake up at 2 to 3am every night since they entered menaupose. It is more common than you think.

I wish I only wake up in the middle if the night

Not only do I wake up in the middle of the night but in severe

Panic state due to the cortisol surge.