Fit Guy and short term use of Lorazepam

[kr...]

yah buddy. very similar story and symptoms as yours. 2 weeks is all it took. have good company. and patience. and dont trust your senses too much. they are in overdrive. you will make it through this. this is your club and we will support you.

yah buddy. very similar story and symptoms as yours. 2 weeks is all it took. have good company. and patience. and dont trust your senses too much. they are in overdrive. you will make it through this. this is your club and we will support you.

Thanks 50shadesofdre..  You made my day  :)

Hey man,

I’m part of the low dose Ativan club too. I jumped at the end of April. Just prepare yourself to possibly still deal with some symptoms after jumping. I was hoping it would all end as soon as I was off. I’m way better than I was a few months ago, but I’m still struggling with some symptoms and anxiety. From what I’ve read, it’s not uncommon for symptoms to continue for quite a while after being off.

Anyway, hopefully your experience will be different. I tapered fairly quickly because I didn’t want to refill my prescription.

I’ll update my intro soon with specifics. Hang in there and stay positive my brotha!

Nathan

Hi Nathan-

Im also wondering if my 8 week taper is too quick but I do feel pretty good and on a very small dose right now, I just want off this crap..  I am fully prepared that this may go on for many months.. my hope it that I start seeing improvement even if slight..  When i ct after 14 days on this stuff..  I had no idea what was going on.. all my doctor wanted to do was give me more meds..  glad I found BB and ditched my doctor

Good luck as you jump off.  You can do it.  Stay positive.  It will seem overwhelming at first as the withdrawal symptoms settle in, but you can make it through, and then you will be free—and it’s a great feeling.

You are taking your first steps into the long dark tunnel, but there is light on the other side!

You got this!  You are well prepared and know that you will be back to your old self in time. :thumbsup:

Now it is just the healing.

BBsaved me too. I didn’t find this site till after I jumped.  I thought I was going crazy.  This site showed me that my symptoms were typical and that calmed me down. 

We are all here for you kry, you an do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all-

today i am 2 weeks off and things are much better..  my worst symptoms continue to be Tinnitus and ear pressure..  if I did not have that then I would be feeling great..  I still have good and not so good days but nowhere near where I was even a month ago..  looking back I was in pretty tough shape..  My 9 week taper was a success..  the best thing I did was when I got to .25 cut down to .01 at a time until the end..  My counselor and doctor would have been fine if I jumped at .25.. but I knew better because of all you wonderful people..  I can say that week 2 is a lot better than week 1 and I hope things just keep getting better..  use me as hope..  we will all heal

the more I think of it.. instead of calling the doctor in the first place, I just should have had a nice glass of red wine in the evening to relax me during this whole COVID mess

I got on Ativan in the first place bc I had chemically induced anxiety and jitters from steroid medication. I tell myself the same thing all the time! Reaching for a pill was huuuuge mistake!

KRY so happy to see you continue to improve and get your life back.  You are an inspiration.

Restoration I wound up on Benzos for the same reason. Corticosteroid injection caused panic attacks. My doc told me it happens to 1 in 20 people.  If I had been warned that the shot could cause that I would have never taken it. But I can;t go back only forward.

JuJuBi

@[kr...]

I’m doing well considering I had two weeks of very high stress. (Details in my six month update post)

Had some little waves wash over me and spent most of yesterday laying down and sleeping. But I did sleep well last night which means the window will open again. 

I wish I had more energy and stamina, but that will come.  I’m moving in the right direction.  I handled all that stress without reaching for a pill, this is a milestone! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone-

I am 4 weeks off today and want to give an update:

most of my symptoms seem to be gone after a month.. but the lingering ones are tinnitus , blunted hearing (which really concerns me) and still blunted emotions...  what is gone is blurry vision, balance issues, rubbery legs, sore teeth and gums, lack of appetite and weight loss..  I've gained 10 of the 20 pounds i lost..  I may also have some PTSD from all of this..  also my sleep is better.. not great but better

If not for the hearing issues I would say I am in pretty good shape considering the hell I have been through that past 5 months.

Its nice to be on the other side and things do get better